Hey (and a question)

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Nock

Hey (and a question)

Post by Nock » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:24 pm

I've been a lurker for quite a long time but finally decided to make an account and post. I discovered wonderland way back in 2005 when I was 6, I'm 22 now and boy time flies, I've always loved puzzle games but the wonderland series (more the originals) has always had a special place in my heart. I'm not sure where to put this but I also had a question for you readers. What is your favorite RTW custom level of all time? I've barely made a dent in the archive and wanted some fun levels to try out in my spare time.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Re: Hey (and a question)

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:27 am

I'd have to say mine is "Night flight from the Piazza" by Liz Mayhew. It's big and packed with puzzles. It may look intimidating, and is fairly difficult, but nothing near unfair. I'd say it's a great level for intermediate- or beginner, if they're brave enough- players to check out.
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:59 pm

A lot of levels by Mark and his various aliases are some of my favorites. One of his later levels "The Melody of Dust" (mark357.lv6) is one of my favorite RTW levels of all time just because of the sheer brilliance behind it-- a link-sphere sokoban with a wonderful, elegant, and quite difficult solution.

Also worth checking out his levels by Amadeus! and Brentnor; although a majority of those levels do rely on hidden elements and the occasional weird glitch, I still enjoy them nevertheless.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:46 pm

Nock wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:24 pm
I've been a lurker for quite a long time but finally decided to make an account and post. I discovered wonderland way back in 2005 when I was 6, I'm 22 now and boy time flies, I've always loved puzzle games but the wonderland series (more the originals) has always had a special place in my heart. I'm not sure where to put this but I also had a question for you readers. What is your favorite RTW custom level of all time? I've barely made a dent in the archive and wanted some fun levels to try out in my spare time.
This happened to me. :lol:

Granted, I was 14-ish by the time I actually made my account, but still. I can very much relate. :) [almost 22 now ftr*]

Well, I hope you enjoy the forums. There's a lot of custom content around here, albeit most of our communication activities have since moved onto other platforms (namely discord).
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.