Five years on the forums (Or are they)

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

nasko222
Rainbow Master

Five years on the forums (Or are they)

Post by nasko222 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:33 pm

(i posted this in off-topic whooooooooops)

Hey everyone,

Last week was the 5th anniversary of my pcpuzzle account. So that marks 5 years ever since I joined wonderland, right??? No.

Looking back: The truth is that I found about about wonderland many, many years ago. I just didn't make an account for quite a while because I wasn't good talking with people in the past. I found about wonderland around 2009, and I made my first account in 2014. My early days on the forums were me browsing and seeing people's creations, especially on the fanmade editors at the time when the editor was really primitive. I didn't had to make an account to download because I remember mette and richmond2010 being that nice to host websites full of adventure files, and there was even a point where I 100% completed all adventures from the archive. I also made quite a lot of adventures on my first pc but as you all know i coped on many places that they're long gone because hard drive failure years ago. Happens. There were also some mediafire links that I didn't had to have an account to download. I remember my favorite hubs I downloaded were Lattius Road (the original one), The Magical Tests and WA: Community Project. all of them i wished to continue in one form or another. I also remember how in order to make hub you had to use the MOFI Demo wg.exe :D fun times

Looking forward: ever since I joined publicly in 2018 i've been trying to interact with the community and make people interested in all areas of the game. I was doing speedrunning, mods, funny pop quiz word game thing, open source recreations of all games, big hub, and of course the archive, which happened to be one of the greatest projects ive seen on the forum (probably not biased) (the truth is that i barely passed history class in high school and now i'm preserving history :stinkyhappy: ). I might've not been nice and understanding at the beginning but ive learned and met great people around wonderland which i am kinda grateful :D (but kinda wished more than 5-10 people were interested the projects i make), i'm going to continue forward with wonderland projects (eventhough I have a lot of stuff to do these days, i hop in and out of the forums when i feel my interest to wonderland is back, (the next week is the 10th anniversary of the first Beta version of POTZ, i should do something fun hehehehe)) :stinkyhappy: . With that said, i think i summarized everything with my wonderland adventures (pun intended) :stinkycool:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Five years on the forums (Or are they)

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:17 am

Hey man, I just got 5 years on another forum and 10 years on this one (officially, I have 11 in practice).

Congratulations on being an old-timer :wink: