Introductions!

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Stinky
Silver Wonderlander

Introductions!

Post by Stinky » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:53 am

Hello everybody and welcome to the forums!

This thread is for forum introductions. If you wish, take a moment and introduce yourself to the group. We hope to see lots of you around here.

All the best,
Stinky
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Hi all!

Post by Dianna » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:41 am

I was so thrilled to find out about Return to Wonderland, since I've become a Wonderland addict and hated to finish the game. I love Stinky and Loof! I too thought this was a kid's game when I first saw it. I thought, "Oh, how cute!" But it can get very challenging. I just can't stop playing, but except for a couple of levels that I can't figure out and which have no walkthrough, I'm just about done with Wonderland. I'm really excited to play the new game and try my hand a level editing, tho I have no idea how I'll accomplish this yet. Looking forward to meeting lots of Wonderland freaks! :D
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:29 pm

G'Day!

I'm Robbie from Australia. Likewise I love the Wonderland series. Great challenging puzzles, great graphics & sound. And now we have more levels, graphics & elements, & a level editor to boot - just what I've been waiting for! I'm going to have lots of fun...
Froogle

Kids don't get a look in!

Post by Froogle » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:02 am

I know the problem, I bought the original program for when my grandchildren visit - well they did have a few turns but it quickly got too hard for them. So I bought Return with the excuse that I could use the editor to produce some more simple games for them, but I've really got to get through all the level first before I can do that haven't I?

I promise myself 'just the one' game in an evening, ah but that's the way all addictions begin isn't it? I only hope my students never get to hear how their elderly tutor is so hooked that she sits glued to the computer til the early hours!
Lesley R Wells
kyleinatlanta

Post by kyleinatlanta » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:49 pm

Hey everyone! I am Kyle from Atlanta. I can't remember how I hear about Wonderland, but my friends all think I'm crazy and completely addicted. I have to agree with them. Plenty of late nights, as with the rest of you. I almost went into shock when I received an email about Return To Wonderland!!! I'm in heaven! Although frustrating at times, it's still a blast (I think the administrator is sick of my emails.). I have created a new board titled Level problems, hints, tips, etc. in the forum where we can all get tips for completing levels. I am up to World 8 already, so please post if you need assistance!!!
dlbwasd

Introductions

Post by dlbwasd » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:58 am

Hi I am deb- from Atlanta. I too am addicted to Wonderland. I downloaded the demo--- usually i will try a game but never found one i really wanted to get the full version (well, maybe that is stretching the truth alittle).. BUT.. I had to have this game. I have totally enjoyed playing this game and was SO pleased when Return to Wonderland came out- since i was getting to the end of Wonderland (still am working on it).
I like that the clues to finish a level still make you "work" at finishing the level too!
And I think it's great that I now have a place to talk about the game as those around me at home think i'm nuts :roll:
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Hello Everyone

Post by ol'gramma » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:22 pm

I am from the Chicago area, and my name is Carolyn too.
I have 4 grandkids, too little to play Wonderland yet, but they will.
I am only 29 years old....again :wink:

I enjoyed solving the puzzles in both Wonderlands. So far I have been able to complete most of them, playing untimed; some I played for days before I finally was triumphant :D..... such a satisfying feeling when you 'get it'.....
Now I am starting over to get all the bonus coins.
This is the best puzzle game ever! So much fun! :D

ol'gramma
Last edited by ol'gramma on Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teri1255
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Teri1255 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:44 am

My name is Teri and I've been an addict for Wonderland and RTW for a few months. I have managed to do very well on most levels, but am becoming frustrated with a few of the levels and losing interest fast. I am a working mother with 5 children and I find these games to be a distraction and a challenge.
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:46 pm

Hi from Vermont,

Just wanted to say I've been playing Wonderland and RTW no stop for two weeks. I play Wonderland at home and RTW at work (shhhhh! :wink: ) I'm on the last level of Wonderland!

Can't wait for some new ones!!!

Jen
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Hello from Pennsylvania

Post by eeyore31 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:31 pm

My name is Carolyn and I am a true Wonderland Geek now. When I first bought the original game I thought "oh ok cute". Well, if they had not come out with RTW I don't know what I would do!!! This is the best game ever. I played both games Untimed, and bypassed a few boards. Now I'm trying to up my score and beat the boards I couldn't get. Every time I try to do housework I say----well, maybe just beat this board first!!!! ha ha ha :D
Smitty

Introductions

Post by Smitty » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:54 am

Hello from Missouri, My name is Norma and I am truly addicted!! Is there a 12 step program for Wonderlanders. And the RTW - wow, :shock: I'm in World 9 and don't know if I'll ever get to World 10. Have been getting good scores so far but one of the Zbots must have infiltraded my brain.

Happy Holidays to all :)
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:43 pm

Greetings from Arkansas!:roll:

This widower, who is raising a seven-year old boy, discovered Wonderland about a year ago. I enjoyed it because it gave my special education students a chance to do something constructive, on the computer, during their free time.

RTW has been a true blessing. I've completed all of the levels, so I'm having fun playing the levels y'all have made, and making my own.

I am the 2003 Professional Disc Golf Association's Amateur Masters Champion in both Doubles and Singles competition. :D
I turned professional in July, and am still having a great time playing the wonderful sport of Disc Golf. :)

I am also the fourteenth fastest Powerball spinner in the World! :shock:
go to http://www.powerballs.com/scoreboard.php for more info
Get a Powerball and see how much better you can move Stinky and Loof around. Your Wonderland skills will increase exponentially. It will also knock out that pesky Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, which is so prevalent among "our kind" :wink:
Last edited by DiscGolfer on Fri May 13, 2005 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:48 am

:D
Hi everybody,

My name is Maureen and I live in Northern Ireland with my husband, two dogs two cats and two horses. Just call me Noah! :lol:

I am a businesswoman in between levels of Wonderland!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been a great pleasure joining the forum with such wonderlandful people, you are all so clever making these new levels.

I hope that 2004 will be a happy and peaceful year for all of us and that Wonderland will go on and on and on and.............

Lang may yer lum reek!
Scottish for: Long may your chimney smoke.
Forgot to say, I am a Scot, you wouldn't have guessed!!!!!!!!!!!
:wink: :D
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:46 am

Hi Wonderlanders,

I'm Malc, aged 53. I am English although for the last few years my wife and I have been living in southern Spain (It's just a tadge warmer!! ) 8)

After downloading a demo of Wonderland I purchased the game for my wife and visiting grandkids to play - but as with you all I soon became addicted to completing the game and subsequently Return to Wonderland.

Having just completed both games I have added my total scores to the 'Highscores' post on this forum.
I do like to set people a challenge !! - can you beat my scores ?

I will now download and play the Bonus/User levels whilst eagerly awaiting (hopefully) the release of Wonderland 3 !!!!!

Thankyou to Midnight Synergy for 2 great games that provided me with hours (and I mean HOURS) of enjoyment.

Finally, my sincere apologies to both Stinky and Loof for the 'names' that occasionally were uttered !! Truly it was not THEIR fault and I hope they were not offended and I beg their forgiveness :wink:
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

hello

Post by janetgalle » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:35 pm

Since I already have several posts I suppose I should introduce myself. I am married with two boys, two grandsons and addicted to Wonderland. We all live here in North Dakota. I am a Baker and work nights. I originally downloaded Wonderland for my younger son (who has Cerebral Palsy and a visual impairment) thinking that some of the easier levels would work for him. They do , he loves it! My 6 year old grandson is very good at it also. I have not tried making any levels yet, so you who are good at it....keep them coming!!! Thanks for a wonderful game.

Janet :D
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:21 pm

Hi,
I've made several posts too and haven't introduced myself either. Let me correct my error. :oops:

My name is Sharon and I am a mother of two; one 14 and the other 12. I have a loving husband, too. I have a part time job and am in the process of starting my own business via my computer. I downloaded Wonderland thinking my daughter would like it, she does, and that my son would too, he does. I became hooked myself and now look forward to the new custom levels. I downloaded RTW as soon as I found out that it was released. My children really like the level editor and have made several levels. I have made a few too, some with their collaboration. I am still working on levels for the competition, and look forward to seeing everyone's entries. The wonderland community is great and I feel fortunate to have discovered it. Just got to quit dreaming about new levels! I think it's contagious! :wink:
SharonM
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:14 am

Well, I am also :oops: ! Should've done this when I first registered, but I didn't realize this thread was here. Guess I was way TOO ANXIOUS to download levels & talk to other Wonderlanders. I am having SO MUCH FUN! My real name is Julie. I have 4 children & 2 granddaughters - I was born & raised in Northern California (YES - snow every winter). I LOVE THIS WONDERLAND WORLD!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone for being so friendly when I first joined back in Dec. 2003!! Otherwise, I wouldn't be here today!!!! :D :D

EDIT: I now have THREE granddaughters - the most recent born May 2, 2005!
Last edited by majic1 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:50 am

Admin note: this message has been quiet lately - how about a round of intros from some of our more recent Wonderlanders?
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:09 am

Yes, I agree - How about it, you guys??????????? :!: :D
Majicaleetarina
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah majic1,

Maybe they are all too SHY! :oops:

C'mon you lot, tell us who you are.

Maureen.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:21 pm

Hello everone,

My real name is Pauline. I'm a 50 year old married mother of two boys, Tim 26 and Chris 21. I have lived in Sheffield, England all my life. A lot of you come from USA and I have to admit I'm a bit jealous cos it always sounds so glamourous. Some of the place names are so exotic. Anyway I got Wonderland cos I was fed up playing card games, and now I can't get enough.

I didn't expect there to be so many "oldies" playing, I thought I was the only one, and my husband just doesn't share my enthusiasm, he thinks only kids play computer games. Mind you, I'd be a golf widow if he had anything to do with it. Each to his own, eh?

I've just posted my first level, made with Tim's help, and it took so much of my time that I may need a rest before I do another. I've got some ideas though.

Bye for now,

Pauline
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:51 pm

popo wrote:Hello everone,

My real name is Pauline. I'm a 50 year old married mother of two boys, Tim 26 and Chris 21. I have lived in Sheffield, England all my life. A lot of you come from USA and I have to admit I'm a bit jealous cos it always sounds so glamourous.
Jealous.....pretty ironic.....I love watching all the BBC America shows like Ground Force, House Invaders, Changing Rooms etc......everyone always seems like they are soooo friendly and nice to eachother, not a care in the world :lol: I guess the grass always looks greener!!!!
popo wrote: I didn't expect there to be so many "oldies" playing,

Pauline
Yes, there are quite a few of us "advanced in age and wisdom" group here. A nice variety it seems, too. Welcome to our Wonderland family.
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Allow myself to introduce...myself

Post by Jersey » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:23 am

Greetings fellow RTW addicts! My name is Joyce, and I hail from NS, Canada. This is the first time I have ever posted a message in a games room, so bear with me if I seem like a total twit.

I'm 30ish (stopped counting after 30 :wink: ) I don't have children, which means I can't say I bought the game for them, so I'll admit it...I played the demo for 1 hour, and pulled out the old credit card, I was addicted! I actually had withdrawl symptoms when Hurrican Juan knocked out our power for a week, and when we were back in the light, imagine my delight when I discovered an email inviting me to try RTW! Once again, the credit card was pulled out of the wallet, and I downloaded it as quick as I could. The relationship with the B/F has been a little rocky since then, I think it started when I called him Stinky by mistake :D
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:26 am

Hey Joyce, you know what my biggest regret was? Buying the original first then the addon secondly, if I had used my brain I could have gotten 40% off the total price! - also I should have been more clued up and just bought the stand alone expantion pack now I think about it, I dont use the original at all, but I was under the impression you needed the original to play the expansion game! doh!
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:37 am

Oh? when I clicked the link originally and bough game one, it said select 2 or more games and get 20% off each game, thats how I got my 40% thing

In fact the deal still stands to this day:

-----------------------
Please select the games you would like.

Special Offer - Order two or more games and receive 20% off each game!

Thats how I got to 40% :)
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:08 am

BIGZIPZ wrote:Thats how I got to 40% :)
Nah, it's still 20%. ;) You get 20% off each game, so that means you pay 2*$16=$32 rather than 2*$20=$40, so an $8 savings. And $8 is 20% of $40.

I wish percentage would work the way you describe it though - that way I'd buy 5 games at 20% off, and they'd be free!!! 8)

Enough math - this thread is just meant for introductions! ;)
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Easy there guys...

Post by Jersey » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:58 am

I think I can safely say that this is the first time I actually started an arguement on a discussion board! And to think, all I did was introduce myself. :oops:

I too, am glad that I purchased the original first, that way when I get too frustrated with RTW, I can go back and take a trip down memory lane. It also gives my 7 year old stepdaughter something to play when she's been bugging me to let her have a turn.

I honestly can't remember what my discount was, if I purchased it through the original or if I purchased it through an email. Not that I'm all that concerned, as long as it entertains me, that's really all that matters. :lol:
BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:35 pm

Hi Wonderlanders!

Sorry that I haven't introduced my self yet :oops: - I've been so busy playing the RTW game and custom levels, that I've overlooked this forum...!

well, I haven't got a lot to tell anyway; I am a 29 years old woman, living with my husband, dog and two-year old daugther in my dream house in a suburb to Wonderfull Copenhagen!!!

(For those of you who don't know Copenhagen; it is the capital of a country named Denmark in Scandinavia, Europe...)

At the time I am staying home with a bad bag and therefore have a lot of time to play wonderland!!!!

-And my name IS actually BINA!!!

Its been a pleasure to meet you all, since you all seem so nice and helpfull - my best game-investment ever!!!!!!

Bina
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:19 pm

Hi Bina! Sorry to hear about your bad bag, but at least this gives you more time for Wonderland! (Bad bag? Is that a Copenhagen anomaly? All the things I learn from my international Wonderland buddies. It was just yesterday that I learned about "stones," which in America we tend to get in our kidneys and gall bladders, but apparently in the UK is a method of weighing people!) Welcome! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
vk
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by vk » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:00 am

:D GREAT FORMAT. I NEED SPELL-CHECK. I,TOO, STARTED ON DEMO FOR GRANDKIDS, GOT THE GAME FROM BIG FISH, PLAYED AND PLAYED THEN GOT RTW. STARTED READING THE FORUMS OUT OF CURIOSITY AND GOT HOOKED ON THE CUSTOM LEVELS. UNBELEIVABLE THE CREATIVITY. I USE THE PUZZLES TO KEEP THE BRAIN WORKING AND THE KEYS TO KEEP MY FINGERS WORKING. I AM GLAD THERE ARE OTHER 'GRAMMAS' ADDICTED AND THANKS, AGAIN, PATRICK FOR YOUR HELP. YOU CAN NOT MOVE FOLDERS AROUND, I HAVE LEARNED THE HARD WAY, TWICE. VIKKI :D