Introductions!

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

lgrapes
Rainbow Master

oops

Post by lgrapes » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:38 am

oops
Last edited by lgrapes on Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Post by lgrapes » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:49 am

Oh and BTW I may be a P-E-R-P-E-T-U-A-L student but I obviously don't know how to spell :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Lori
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:24 am

hehe :D

btw-I was going to ask-why do you have the same post twice? Do you know?
Just wondering :wink:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Post by lgrapes » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:24 am

I am not sure why that keeps happening? It does not always happen thought so who knows.... :oops:

Lori
Martha's Vineyard and good friends...Life can not get much better!
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:37 am

Hi lgrapes,

This problem (double posting) also happened to me some time ago :roll:

Mine was caused by me doing a post and then a little later clicking on the <- Back icon top left of screen. Thus without intending to I posted the same message twice. :?

Needless to say, now once I have submitted a post I wait for it to appear but then NEVER just return to the forum. I log-out (X) and re-enter the Forum - just like I'm going to do now :lol: :lol:

Malcdelsol 8)
(Lord & husband of Lady IDJIT)
lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Post by lgrapes » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:01 pm

Thanks Malcdelsol...

It can be quite annoying... :evil: :oops: :twisted:

Lori
Martha's Vineyard and good friends...Life can not get much better!
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:14 pm

Hi Lori and Malc,
After I post, I wait for it to show up on the thread, then I go to the bottom of the page, make sure the forum I want is in the box, then I click "Go". Is this what you are saying you do Malc? I believe you can also click a link at the top of the page to go to the next thread, but I never use that one since I prefer to see which threads have been posted on recently. :)
SharonM
donkey3522
Bronze Wonderlander

NEW

Post by donkey3522 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:44 pm

Hola, I'm donkey and I am new and yea need tips for creating my own levels, i don't know what all of the symbols are? :(
Carolyn
Rainbow Master

Post by Carolyn » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:52 pm

Hi donkey...

I liked ure 1st level.... I thought it was very nice....

Where r u from? Hawaii?

If u go here below u will find what everything is... and help in making levels....

http://www.midnightsynergy.com/returnto ... tormanual/

Take care and keep making levels.... :wink:
carolyn
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:00 pm

Sure, we all help you.

You can find some tutorials about the level editor at:
http://www.midnightsynergy.com/returnto ... tormanual/

But here is a quick help for you.

I. In the level editor there are 8 areas.

** The first one is the "Level Name" area. If you click there, you can type it the name you want to give to your level. (see attached picture)
** The second one is the sizing area. Here, you can size how many tiles your level will have. The first 14 (at left) is the Width and the right one is the Height. Be carefull not to size levels too much, you can't decrease size!
** In the propreties area, you can customize several aspects in the game (style, time and background). Click in one of them to change it.
** The tile selector contains all avaliable tiles you can use to build the level. Click in the arrows to change cathegory.
** The Objects section contains all objects you can use in your level. Counting from left to right:

Rubber (black square) |Stinky | Loof | Rainbow Coin | Exit Portal | Bonus Clock | Bonus Coin | Wooden Box | Steel Box | Reflector #1 (points right) | Reflector #2 (points left) | Boulder | Ice Cube | Coily | Z-Bot

The second row: Z-Bots (various trajectories) | Kabooms (various trajectories)

Third row: Flying saucers (various trajectories) Red Chomper | Yellow Chomper | Ghost | Fish (only use in water) | Columns | Pyramids | Cones

Fourth row: Tree | Muchroom | Snow | Rain | Lightning | pchedelic colour cycling

** The music track selector (click to change music)

The songs are: 1 - Happy (e.g. the Wonderand intro), 2 - Puzzley (e.g. Wonderland World 1), 3 - Breezy (e.g. Wonderland World 2), 4 - Dark (e.g. Wonderland World 4), 5 - Nostalgic (e.g. Return intro), and 6 - Spooky (e.g. Return World 3).

** The Menu Buttons:

Blck
Press the Blck button to toggle the "Block" Mode on and off (a yellow frame will indicate when it is on). With the block mode on you can place larger number of tiles by selecting the two corners of a block. Click once to set one corner, then move your mouse to see the tiles fill your level. Click again to set the other corner. Very useful to fill large areas with the same tile.

Wipe
This will clear the level and replace all tiles with the currently active tile.

Brdr
This will place the currently active tile around the entire edge/border of your level.

Undo
This option (hotkey - "U") will undo your latest move. Good to erase mistakes.

Load
This option brings up the contents of the "Custom Levels" directory. Use your mouse to select a level to load. If you have many levels, use the the scrollbars to move up or down the list, or press the first letter of the name of your level to advance to that section of the list.

Save
This will save your level as "NAME.LEV" in your "Custom Levels" directory. If you want to thematically group worlds into themes, simply open Windows Explorer and create a subdirectory in the "Custom Levels" directory (such as currently, "Wonderland 101" and "The Playground"). Move or copy the desired levels into those directories. Note that the level editor will only allow you to load/save/edit levels in the base directory. Any level in a sub-directory can not be accessed from the level editor (and is hence "safe"). To edit such a level, you must first copy or move it into the base directory.

DONT FORGET TO SAVE THE LEVEL YOU'RE WORKING ON!!!!
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:01 pm

PS. If you own the deluxe version, not all objects are listed here. See the link in the previous post.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:28 am

Kaboom,

You can decrease the size of the grid by right cilcking the arrow instead of left clicking. :wink: :P :D
Pauline
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:38 am

THANKS FOR TELLING ME

:D :D :D
pinkdragon
Bronze Wonderlander

Hello Everyone

Post by pinkdragon » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:36 pm

Hi everyone, I'm another "older" addict - a 48 yr old mum to 4 but the kids rarely get a look in! My son of 7 sometimes creates levels that are impossible, then I have try to solve them (or hurt his feelings). I'm often still up after midnight playing Wonderland, and can't go to bed 'til I've solved a level - so I'm often up til early hours of the morning! Its a hard, hard life he he. Love to you all x :D
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:42 pm

Hey pinkdragon! Welcome from me! I'm not a newbie, just haven't been around for a while. :(

Nice to know that even with 4 kids, you still find time for us! I'm childless by choice (er...sort of) and I still have a hard time finding time for Wonderland.

Don't be shy, and make sure to ask for lots of help, that's what we Wonderlanders like, helping people in distress! :lol:
I'm not as think as you drunk I am...*Hic*

...I'm just a Blonde! :lol:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:45 pm

Hi pinkdragon,

Welcome to the forum, we all stay up late!

The time differences between countries means, someone's always there.

Lovely to have another Brit! :wink:

Enjoy yourself, that's what it's all about.

M.A.D. :lol:
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:54 pm

Butterscotchrjm wrote:Hi my name is RJM I am SharonM's daughter and I've just now registered :oops: I have 3 cats, 1 hampster, 1 turtle, and 4 fish I'm a little smartalec and I think SQUIRRELS are evil :twisted: I'm 13 and I'm happy :D to be here!
Squirrels are evil, huh? I always thought frogs were from the dark side! :lol:

Welcome (sadly, a little late, but then I'm always slow on the uptake :P ) and hope to see more of you, RJ. If you can get the computer away from your mom! :lol:

donutlady
Silver Wonderlander

Post by donutlady » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:43 am

Hi all,

My real name is Frankie, I have three great kids, all teenagers now, my boyfriend has 4 kids, all grown. We have two dogs and one hamster. I bought my computer used and rtw was a game that was already on it, so I must admit that I did not pay for the game itself, it just happened to be on the computer, and it took awhile before I would even try to play it, didn't think it looked that fun, until I started playing it that is. I've only been playing it for about 2 weeks and now am determined to come up with the money for the deluxe edition so I can play that one. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia so I can't do much of any thing and playing this game keeps me occupied. :D it will be a few months before i can buy the deluxe version but it will be worth the wait. until then i will continue to play the original return to wonderland levels. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

donutlady :lol:
donutlady
Silver Wonderlander

Post by donutlady » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:44 am

deleted this one because it was a duplicate entry, don't know how it happened, but thought i would just get rid of it.
Last edited by donutlady on Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:01 pm

Welcome aboard Frankie! :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy RTW and the DRTW when you have the opportunity.

So sorry about the fibromyalgia, I know how horribly painful it is, my sister has been diagnosed with it sometime ago, and she's suffers terribly. Fortunatly, with her treatments in place, she has more good days than bad now, and can enjoy being a mom to her active 2-year old. :D

Wonderland is here to help take your mind off your life, so be sure to pop in as often as you can.

Glad to have you aboard.!

janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:20 pm

Hi donutlady,

Welcome to Wonderland. You are right, the game is fun and completely addictive, and as you know a great way to pass the time. (Some times TOO MUCH time :roll: )

Any particular reason for "donutlady"? I work in a bakery so I get called that alot!

Again, welcome aboard.

jg
donutlady
Silver Wonderlander

Post by donutlady » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:13 am

thanks for the warm welcome, i work at my local casey's store and make donuts on weekend's. and my niece started calling me donutlady awhile back and it just stuck, lol
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:35 am

Welcome again Frankie. :D

I love donuts (we spell it doughnuts here) Janet and you can bake for the next Wonderland party. :wink:

There, you have put me in the notion now! :roll:

loof101
Rainbow Master

Re:Allo!

Post by loof101 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:15 am

Hi all! My name is Anthony and I've been with Wondertand for a loooooong time! :lol: I like to hear jokes! BTW, I've had a few friends come and make a level or two! BUT, in RTWD, I heard somebody say:

.Eine kleine sweine! It is very harsh (Spelling :?: :? ) for RTWD. There is another thread for this, it's called "Hasta la vista...Stinky!" :lol: I'm very addicted cuz I'm a RAINBOW SEEKER!

loof 101
loof101
Rainbow Master

Post by loof101 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:26 am

timothy2 wrote:People shouldn't be pressed to introduce themselves if they don't feel like it, I think.

By the way, thanks for your response to the introduction I wrote recently!
you are so wrong...NOT! :lol:

If kabbom! won't he won't. The rest of u are EVIL :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:10 am

loof101 wrote:
timothy2 wrote:People shouldn't be pressed to introduce themselves if they don't feel like it, I think.
By the way, thanks for your response to the introduction I wrote recently!
you are so wrong...NOT! :lol:
If kabbom! won't he won't. The rest of u are EVIL :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Why bring this up again?????? It's done and dusted! :shock:

I'm sure Kaboom wouldn't agree with you, he doesn't think we're evil.
:o
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:33 am

loof101 wrote:If kabbom! won't he won't. The rest of u are EVIL :evil: :twisted: :evil:
hey hey!!! Nobody here is evil! :roll: I just don't like to introduce myself, that's all; nobody forced me to do anything here :? !

Besides, this thread is awfully old; more than 1 month.

I remember that this was a Thread cemetery: Posting in threads that are over a month old (dead thread), forces that thread to the top (reviving a dead thread), and most of the time that thread is dead because the topic has been discussed fully, a question was answered, or people just got bored with it. Please don't repeat this: it's not very polite :roll:

* i'd wish threads here were organized per date, old ones at the bottom (that way it would prevent this to happen again! :wink:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:50 am

I agree Kaboom, there's too many incidences of this.

Only today I see another topic (which has also been done and dusted) brought to the fore again. It only opens up a fresh can of worms!

Luckily enough, we have moved on Kaboom. Pity that others can't do the same.

Well Patrick, over to you............Can something be done?

Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:47 pm

Not really - threads are listed in order of most recent posts. If someone digs out a post and wants to make a comment on it, then it gets moved up to the top. That's usually a good thing though, otherwise the comments would be missed by most. Some boards have different options of sorting posts, this doesn't, so I think the default is it.

[Edit: exceptions are announcements and "sticky" threads of course]
Last edited by Midnight Synergy on Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timothy2
Silver Wonderlander

Post by timothy2 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:57 pm

Davimad wrote: Why bring this up again?????? It's done and dusted! :shock:
Yes, done and dusted it is! It's quite obvious what I meant to say, I think. So, as far as I'm concerned: no comment & discussion closed.