Issue #9 Feedback

Discussion related to the Midnight Synergy newsletter.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Issue #9 Feedback

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:09 am

Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:59 am

My absolute favorite line in the Midnight post is this:
* Save your game, anyplace, anytime.
How many WaHOOOOs can I use to expres my gratitude on that feature!!! :!: :!:

And the gallery looked great. Much talent around wonderland! :D
Loirae
John925
Rainbow Master

Post by John925 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:28 am

I liked seeing BruceB again. :lol:
Don't eat your computer... or it might eat you! :stinkylol:
o_0
'-|-
"/\
This is Guy. Copy Guy into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
paulm12
Rainbow Keeper

Post by paulm12 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:37 am

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! I'm DEFENENTLY BUYING IT!!! one whole year and it all comes down to THIS!
If you're reading this, you've officially finished the actual post and are just reading my pointless sig.
Paul Mayer
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:38 am

I'll have to agree with you Loirae, I too am VERY VERY gratiful for the "Save" feature YIPPITY DO DA !!!!!!!!!!

The Gallery, is a fantastic addition to show the creativity & talent of the people in this community... WOW !!! I'm jealous :mrgreen:

Donna are you making the stinkers to sell??? because I know a little girl that would love a set :lol: .. (ok a big girl too :wink: :D :D )
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:00 am

Very cool! For those entries shown in the publication, well done!
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:17 am

Well, congratulations Patrick and associates, with a wonderful looking new Wonderland game. The soundtrack is gorgeous too, so well done.

As I don't have and use online payment facilities, I will arrange the financial part through the Deutsche Bank account. I just hope it won't take 4 whole weeks to get a confirmation, like last year....

Keep up the wonderful work, Mr P!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:10 pm

Donna are you making the stinkers to sell??? because I know a little girl that would love a set .. (ok a big girl too )
Yes, Donna are you working with MS on a patent, they are so cute. I'd like to have a pattern and the directions. I just happen to own a sewing machine and am real good at hand sewing. I make quilts. But I would definately buy a set if they were available.
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:31 pm

Liz, I loved your "Warhol's Qookie" featured in the Wonderland Gallery! :D
Just finished the "Wonderland Adventures" demo and enjoyed saving the game anywhere.
I wish our Platinum Editon had this feature. :wink:
The sound the Scritter's make are funny. :lol:
Mark
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:13 pm

Great issue and FABULOUS artwork everyone - BRAVO!!!!! :D :D :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:33 pm

:D :D :D Congratulations Patrick! The game looks fabulous. :D :D :D
Love the artwork too, Some very talented folks. :D
Keeks
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:05 pm

Great issue as usual Patrick! Thanks for including my Stinkers in the Gallery showcase. I enjoyed the other artistic entries too! I think the variety of talent we have in our Wonderland family is fantastic!

Laura and Monica - Thanks for the nice comments on the Stinkers! I think they are cute but of course I am a little biased. My sewing machine just died so my sewing projects are on hold for now. Patrick and I have discussed possibly making and selling Stinkers but on a minor level. No way can I create anything on a grand scale. My Stinkers are very low tech and each one is created individually. I tried to make a pattern but my efforts did not produce anything user friendly :oops: . I imagine you are a better seamstress than I am Monica although I love to try. I will let you know when I am back on line for sewing and if I can make the Stinkers for those of you willing to accept a home-made product.
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:06 pm

Congratulations to all the names I know who contributed to both the Gallery and to WA - and the same congratulations to all the names I don't know, or don't recognize, because that doesn't necessarily mean that I don't know you. This is Wonderland, after all.
And to Donna (as I really do know you), the Stinker Dollies are so cute. There's another line of business for you.

Now, back to WA. Mouse over KB is really forcing me to work a bit harder. It takes a bit of getting used to - but I will persevere.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:30 pm

drushing wrote: I will let you know when I am back on line for sewing and if I can make the Stinkers for those of you willing to accept a home-made product.
I'm willing to wait IF your willing to give it a go, just let me know if and when you decide to go into "Stinker" production and we'll discuss payment. :D

BTW: I have a sewing machine, thank god hubby knows how to use it or it'd go completely to waste ... I can barely sew on a button :oops:
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:19 am

thank god hubby knows how to use
That's funny laura. Mine knows how to use one also, he went to school and learned how to work on them. His sister owns a fabric and alteration shop, He bought me an expensive husquvarna serger which she sells and I hated the thing mostly because I couldn't thread it, my hubby would have to do it for me, I've never used a serger before. He forced me to take a class so I could learn how to use it, which now I'm glad he did becasue now I'm a wiz on it, since then he has bought me a regular husquvarna sewing machine. I usually switch between the two. The machines are manufactured in Sweden.

I might take a good look at the photos when I have time, I bet I could figure out a pattern. You'd be amazed at what you can find in a craft store for doll parts. They are so cute.

:idea: MS should provide a free scritter for every game purchase, 8) their adorable. I have a Chuzzle that came with my Chuzzle game.
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:45 pm

Alright!! Great job Patrick!

Of course, I'll never get caught up on everyone's levels, because I'm off to purchase WA now!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:53 pm

Whoohoo for Wonderland Adventures! :D
I just ordered my full copy. :)
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:05 am

Monica, you and my mother sound like you could be the best of friends.. she's an excellent seamstress, her passion over the past 10 years or so is quilting.. I've very lucky she's made a few quilts for me, I consider them to be some of my most cherished possessions. I don't think she could do stinker dolls though.. I'll have her take a look, as I've got her addicted to this game too and she's a member of the forum.

It's be great if someone could make Stinker Dolls... I'll bet they'd sell well. :wink: :D
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:10 am

I made that suggestion when Secret Worlds came out - I wanted a Little Stinker - but nothing came of it. I'm sure too that they would sell very well.

I'd like to put my order in for a Little Stinker and a Scritter please, just to start the ball rolling. :wink:
Pauline
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:33 pm

popo wrote: Little Stinker and a Scritter
Try saying that five times fast!
Insert stupid jokes here.
LAN
Gold Wonderlander

Post by LAN » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:29 pm

ILoveWonderland wrote:
littlestinkerandascritter

Is this good enough?
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:55 pm

LAN wrote:
ILoveWonderland wrote:

Is this good enough?
The fifth time I tried saying that, I said, "And a little stinker critter".
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:23 pm

Nice newsletter Patrick!!! As soon as I was playing the wonderland adventures arcade game-----I said right out loud---"OH , IT'S ADVENTURE!!!!!!!" One of my all time favorite classic Atari games!!! So cool of you to add that in the game. I never found the secret room-----tried the on screen emulator, but couldn't get past the dragons. I always played it on easy mode without having all three of them in the game :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't get the option to change.....but anyway, VERY good to see an old friend again. I shouldn't have given my Atari and games to my brother :lol:

Great job :D
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:53 am

ILoveWonderland wrote:
Easy for Me. By the way, BruceB's Picture was cute
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:20 am

eeyore31 wrote:Nice newsletter Patrick!!! As soon as I was playing the wonderland adventures arcade game-----I said right out loud---"OH , IT'S ADVENTURE!!!!!!!" One of my all time favorite classic Atari games!!! So cool of you to add that in the game. I never found the secret room-----tried the on screen emulator, but couldn't get past the dragons. I always played it on easy mode without having all three of them in the game :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't get the option to change.....but anyway, VERY good to see an old friend again. I shouldn't have given my Atari and games to my brother :lol:

Great job :D
Hey eeyore,

Glad you liked that little bit of Nostalgia. 8)

I actually recently re-bought an old Atari 2600 from Ebay (with Adventure, natch!). And after many years of hearing about the secret room, I finally found it myself - took only 20-odd years. :D So, in a way, I'm that wee Stinker in the Arcade who's so excited about finally having found the secret room. ;)

Best,
Patrick
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:42 am

Oh Patrick!!! That is SO cool!!! 8) :D Next time I visit my brother, we'll have to drag the old dusty Atari box out and look for that room!! :lol:
I LOVE all the new technology, but nothing eases the old need like the classics. Hauted House was another cool one along the same lines.
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:04 am

Gamasutra just published an article about Warren Robinett's Adventure - good timing. I thought I'd append the article here, in case anyone was interested in further reading:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=13280
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:44 am

:D VERY cool reading, thanks Patrick!!
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:23 pm

Patrick, when will the next issue come out? There's suppost to be another issue coming out, you know. :wink:
Insert stupid jokes here.
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:57 pm

Yes I asked him about this! He still didn't reply :?