Issue #25 Feedback

Discussion related to the Midnight Synergy newsletter.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Krishiv738 wrote:
dig 222 wrote:
Krishiv738 wrote:
dig 222 wrote:Your average scritter farm.
As you can see, the farmers are gathering wool from the
scritters with shears. :lol:
You stole my post! :evil: :evil:
I'm not sure what you mean by this...
MS was the first one to come up with the idea
that the wool comes from scritters.
That means I wanted to post the picture of it but dig posted the picture!
He was faster, he won. Nothing you can do about it.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:20 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:
Krishiv738 wrote:
dig 222 wrote:
Krishiv738 wrote:
dig 222 wrote:Your average scritter farm.
As you can see, the farmers are gathering wool from the
scritters with shears. :lol:
You stole my post! :evil: :evil:
I'm not sure what you mean by this...
MS was the first one to come up with the idea
that the wool comes from scritters.
That means I wanted to post the picture of it but dig posted the picture!
He was faster, he won. Nothing you can do about it.
I was at school when he posted.
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:30 pm

So?
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

waah DP
Last edited by StinkerSquad01 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

waah TP
Last edited by StinkerSquad01 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:22 pm

Hmm... it would be interesting if some of the earliest beta version of levels from POTZ were included in the level that come with the editor.
HumanGamer
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by HumanGamer » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Patrick, would you be able to post pictures of the editor prior to release like you did with POTZ every week? (Doesn't need to be every week :P)

I'm really looking forward to the editor, and that would make me keep coming back every day awaiting a picture :D
WA3 Editor Tools
WOP Research
WA Map Recreation

I was previously known as cooldudepoke.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:45 pm

"There are possibly a few other Wonderland Adventures related projects in the works, and we still have long-term plans to branch into iOS and other platforms, but no details are available at this time. "

Here's a question/request: If you're looking into iOS platforms, what about Linux? Is that covered by "other platforms"?
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:55 pm

Qloof234 wrote:"There are possibly a few other Wonderland Adventures related projects in the works, and we still have long-term plans to branch into iOS and other platforms, but no details are available at this time. "

Here's a question/request: If you're looking into iOS platforms, what about Linux? Is that covered by "other platforms"?
Linux is a tricky one, since support of graphics driver on linux by various manufacturers vary. However if Patrick is porting Wonderland to iOS, it is possible to abstract the graphics rendering bit (which would be using OpenGL*, the technology everyone else uses), making the game portable to every platform including Windows. Such abstraction would require you to code your game in C++ though, since that's the only language all platforms support.#

Blitz3D is using DirectX which is the barrier to multi-platform support, since DirectX is only available on Windows. Recoding Wonderland to use a modern engine would allow it to run on any platform, however the workload is so large you might as well just make a new game.

*: Mobile systems use OpenGL ES, which is technically not OpenGL, but a subset of it focusing on mobility and battery efficient graphics, but the API is the same so porting OpenGL ES code back to OpenGL is relatively minor, compared to porting DirectX code to OpenGL.

#: What I did not tell you is every platform has their set of APIs and they tend to vary a lot. If you are using a 3D engine (which every sane developer should do), this shouldn't be much of an issue.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:12 pm

I'd love to see Wonderland on Xbox Arcade. :D
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:11 am

Qloof234 wrote:Here's a question/request: If you're looking into iOS platforms, what about Linux? Is that covered by "other platforms"?
I think Wine/Crossover supports the game on Mac and Linux 8)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm working on some levels that I'm planning to submit as my level designer "application" (hopefully, submissions will start soon :)) , and I'm planning on posting them here for feedback before I submit them. Is that all right? If not, may I at least have my dad (another Wonderland addict, of course :wink: )"beta test" them?
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Wonderland King wrote:I'm working on some levels that I'm planning to submit as my level designer "application" (hopefully, submissions will start soon :)) , and I'm planning on posting them here for feedback before I submit them. Is that all right? If not, may I at least have my dad (another Wonderland addict, of course :wink: )"beta test" them?
Post them on the Custom Adventures forum. Then everyone can play them. :D
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:44 pm

I will, (when I said "here", I was talking about the forum in general, not this specific topic), but first I just want to confirm that Patrick will let me submit the level if I post it here.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:47 pm

Wonderland King wrote:I will, (when I said "here", I was talking about the forum in general, not this specific topic), but first I just want to confirm that Patrick will let me submit the level if I post it here.
We don't know if Patrick will even ask for "submissions". He may just look over our applications and pick some of them, like he did when he was choosing the game testers for POTZ.

But, if Patrick does ask for adventure submissions, I'm pretty sure he'll accept an adventure already uploaded to the forum.