A compilation of level solutions

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:56 am

This is to thank Mette and every one for the wonderful help you are all giving. Without this page of help, you would never see Mrs Purple Hat again - I think she was doomed to spend all her days in the sewers !!

I copied off the maps, and then made the decision to start over, making sure that I collected all the stars and coins.
It's been a great help.

Now - is this strange or not?? Not sure how it happened, but I have two Indigo/dark blue shards. Can this really happen, and how will I use the 2nd one? Of course, I don't know how to use the first one either, but no doubt I'll find out one day. Just wondered if any one else has managed to pick up two of the same thing.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:16 am

It can happen Ann, and will likely be fixed in the first update. It doesn't make any difference to the game except for taking up an extra space in your bag, so you might need to consider trading yours in for a huge one. :wink:

PS. You must have got on the good side of that Thwart for him to give you two. :lol:
Pauline
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:45 pm

I'm not saying. You don't think I'm going to give away my secrets, do you???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:31 pm

So far the web site contains 21 solutions of how to get the stars :D . Thanks all for helping out :D .

You can write a solution for any star you want, also the ones not received in a level (like the one Erwin made for #83 Sunscreen Guy - didn't you get my e-mail Erwin?). How excactly you do it is up to you. And if you think it's lame to write a solution for a certain star - then pick another one ;) . What you do and if you do anything at all is totally up to you, so only do it if you think it's worthwhile :wink: :) .

Mette
\Mette
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

star 83

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:01 am

Thanks for putting my solution for star 83 in the list!

So you find it necessary to make solutions too for the very first levels, the ones that act like the demo?

Now I'll want to make more solutions.
I'm going to search here on the forum for levels I partly gave solutions for.Like the one for Frozen Doors.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

star 29

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:50 pm

I've looked at this solution. I find it too difficult.
I play this level with only 5 transporters. I pop only 3 times.
I'll sent Mette my version. So Mette decides which one is better.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:16 pm

Re: star 29

For the time being (at least) both solutions are there. I couldn't make up my mind, so I decided to let the users of the site decide which one they want to use :wink: .

Mette
\Mette
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:38 pm

mette wrote:Re: star 29

For the time being (at least) both solutions are there. I couldn't make up my mind, so I decided to let the users of the site decide which one they want to use :wink: .

Mette
Thanks!
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

patch is here

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:42 pm

You know there is a patch for the game.

I'm going to replay the game. And I hope to make solutions for every level there is a solution left.

But do we need to make solutions for the first 5 stars? These levels are the introduction of the game. Mostly the signs say what you have to do. Or you have to talk to the stinker. So I wait for opions.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

star 50 "Melting Pot"

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:43 pm

Someone gave already the whole solution for this level.
I'm going to look it up and send it to Mette.
Of course the credits are for the one who made it!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:48 am

Doing 88 the Green Shard today.
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:09 pm

Erwin042 wrote:I've looked at this solution. I find it too difficult.
:shock: :shock: :shock: I can't get my breath!!! Your solution for this is virtually exactly the same as mine. Just because I numbered all the transporters doesn't mean I used them all.

I am gobsmacked now that your solution is the first one that is seen on the site, as mine is in PDF format. There is nothing wrong with my solution and it didn't need overwriting thank you. If you had a problem with my solution you should have asked who did it and got in touch with me. Infact if you'd taken the time to read this thread you would have seen it was me who did it.

How dare you just ride roughshod over other people's work. If you're going to make an alternative solution for a level then make sure it's different from the one already up there, and have the manners to inform the maker of the previous solution of your intentions first. :x :x
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:54 pm

popo wrote:
Erwin042 wrote:I've looked at this solution. I find it too difficult.
:shock: :shock: :shock: I can't get my breath!!! Your solution for this is virtually exactly the same as mine. Just because I numbered all the transporters doesn't mean I used them all.

I am gobsmacked now that your solution is the first one that is seen on the site, as mine is in PDF format. There is nothing wrong with my solution and it didn't need overwriting thank you. If you had a problem with my solution you should have asked who did it and got in touch with me. Infact if you'd taken the time to read this thread you would have seen it was me who did it.

How dare you just ride roughshod over other people's work. If you're going to make an alternative solution for a level then make sure it's different from the one already up there, and have the manners to inform the maker of the previous solution of your intentions first. :x :x
I've sent you a PM to give my apologies. The next time I look at the solution list, I gonna give here my response. So the maker can react.

I'm very very sorry.

I've sent an email to Mette asking to change the solutions in order. If it isn't possible then Mette may delete mine. I think it's just the same only I just no pictures.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

stars 38, 40, 48 and 50

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:46 pm

I sent solutions for stars 40 "The Labyrinth", 50 "Melting Pot" and 48 "Stinkers on Ice"

Star 50 was originally made by Craig22 as a spoiler. So I'll give him the credits! But I put it on the list.

Star 40 is easy. But you need it too on the list.

But star 48 is a whole other story: "Stinkers on Ice". I'll hope my text is correct and the pictures too. I made pictures from 'a' to 'm'. Then I wrote the text and discovered I forgot some positions/movements to show. So I needed to make new pictures.

I'm now working on star 38 "The Package". I've already given a short solution in a spoiler on this topic. But I think we'll need pictures to clarify some movements. You don't loose all 4 scritters!
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:04 pm

I've just got word (that's good email terminology, isn't it) that Mette is ill with pneumonia,
so she won't be able to work on her web page for a few days.

She's not in the hospital, but she is on penicillin and is feeling very unwell.

Let's hope she's feeling better in a few days.

Image We'll miss you, Mette.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:12 pm

Just completed solutions for 7 Magic gloves and 8 Hop, Skip & Blink.

Erwin, thank you for your apology. I'm sorry too for flying off the handle but I was so angry this morning. I'd spent a lot of time doing the solution and when I looked on the site it seemed to have disappeared and been replaced by yours.

Please, if you see any mistakes, or you know of a better way to do a level, let me know first in case I can just edit my solution. :D
Pauline
slimm tom
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by slimm tom » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:12 pm

Hope you are feeling better quickly Mette. We'll miss you.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:21 pm

ann3120 wrote:I've just got word (that's good email terminology, isn't it) that Mette is ill with pneumonia,
so she won't be able to work on her web page for a few days.

She's not in the hospital, but she is on penicillin and is feeling very unwell.

Let's hope she's feeling better in a few days.

Image We'll miss you, Mette.
OMG!!! :shock: I hope she gets plenty of rest and gets better very soon. :)
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Get well soon, Mette!

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:35 pm

We gonna miss you! Get well soon! We gonna miss you for a couple of weeks then?

I thought I will make a lot of solutions. But now there is a problem.
So I have to read this board first if someone else is working on the same star as me.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:16 pm

Hi Mette,

sorry to hear that - pneumonia is certainly not fun! Get lots of rest, and let the drugs do their thing to clean it up. I hope you feel better soon.

Best,
Patrick
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:27 pm

All my hopes for a speedy recovery Mette, Take care! :(
Keeks
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

stars 1&2, 3 and 15

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:40 pm

I've made the solutions for stars 1,2, 3 and 15.
I haven't send them to Mette yet.
Mette must heal first. Ok the solutions will go in the mailbox.
But I'm making other solutions too.
So I'll wait until I've made more.

But if I've finshed a solution, I'm telling it here!
Still working on "the package", "red chompers, red keys"

But I've started a new game with the new patch.
So I need to reach the Adventures I was making to have a better view.
Meanwhile I look to the Adventures too on how to make a solution for it.

Im not going to make a solution for every adventure I play in that new game! Other people should have a chance too!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:02 am

Erwin, have you done a solution for 51 Blink on the Rocks? I saw in another post you told someone you had, and I asked you to post about it here if you had, but you haven't done so. So if you have made a solution for that level could you say so here please.
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:19 am

I've just sent 17 Lost in the Sewers. I trust no-one else has already done it cos I read through here and it isn't mentioned, and it wasn't ticked off on my list. :wink:
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Re: star 51

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:13 pm

popo wrote:Erwin, have you done a solution for 51 Blink on the Rocks? I saw in another post you told someone you had, and I asked you to post about it here if you had, but you haven't done so. So if you have made a solution for that level could you say so here please.
I wrote: "I'm working on a solution". It's not yet finished. I've made the pictures but I still need to write the textfile.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

my progress!

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:31 pm

I'll give you an overview of solutions I've made:
star 1&2 (are sent)
star 8 (is sent)
star 15 (is sent)
star 18 (I'm working on, still need to search for the clues given by other players at the board! Must be the fist thing to do after this)
star 17 (I made this one too, but Popo sent it)
star 38 (not yet finished!)
star 40 (is sent)
star 48 (is sent)
star 50 (is sent)
star 52 (is sent)
star 83 (is sent)

Remember! This is now the only correct list!

I've started a new game. Because of the new patch. So now I'm playing each level again (for the 3th time). If I like to make a solution for a level, I'll do it. If I find it too difficult or too easy I skip it. Or the solution is already made, I don't have to do that one neither.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:33 pm

popo wrote:I've just sent 17 Lost in the Sewers. I trust no-one else has already done it cos I read through here and it isn't mentioned, and it wasn't ticked off on my list. :wink:
I also made that one! Must be quicker next level! :wink:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Re: star 51

Post by popo » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:01 pm

Erwin042 wrote:
popo wrote:Erwin, have you done a solution for 51 Blink on the Rocks? I saw in another post you told someone you had, and I asked you to post about it here if you had, but you haven't done so. So if you have made a solution for that level could you say so here please.
I wrote: "I'm working on a solution". It's not yet finished. I've made the pictures but I still need to write the textfile.
This is what you said in the other thread....
Erwin042 wrote:Yesterday, I sent the complete solution to Mette. But Mette is ill now (pneumonia) So I give you a picture of the position. There you can count how many blinks you still need.
....so yesterday you'd sent it, today you haven't completed it yet. Do you actually know what you're talking about? :roll:
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:49 pm

Now I've checked my mailbox. So I saw which solutions I sent to Mette.
I didn't sent the solution for "Blink on the Rocks". Making a solution and playing other levels was too difficult. So I made a mistake. Sorry!

I've also sent in a solution for star 8. I've read Popo did this first. So please don't make 2 solutions again! Ignore mine Mette!!

As I've written, I only make a solution on a level that I'm start to play!
So "the package" is still a long way to go. I'm now before "catch a thief"!
Oké, it's weekend. So I have more time. But on Sunday I must do other work than playing WA. Sorry. Maybe star 38 is for Saterday night!
Last edited by Erwin042 on Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

star 51

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:50 pm

I sent Mette my solution for star 51 "Blink on the Rocks" ten minutes ago!