Thwarts for Thwart

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Thwarts for Thwart

Post by Erwin042 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:16 pm

or something like that. That's after the blue shard.
wrote:use the mouse in combination with the keyboard, is the only clue I would give. And use Brr power of course
I'm back to Wondertown to Morklin and Wyps!
Last edited by Erwin042 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txpeach » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:50 pm

I find using the mouse/keyboard combo really slow. First you have to move, then right click the mouse to get the gloves on then find your target and shoot. Not sure what would easier to do but the dang Thwarts shoot so fast it's really hard freezing them.

Peggy
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:59 pm

I agree, the combo mouse/keyboard is sure messing me up on this level. I have tried to beat their fire, freeze them and try to figure out a way to get them to shoot each other. Nothing seems to work. If anyone has any other hints or tips it sure would be appreciated.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:13 pm

Ok here's what I did and finally got it. Highlight to read
In the first area get to the top ice burg for protection. Pop up and freeze the top guy and pop back before his last shot gets you. Then you can run to the button and out the red gate. In the next area same type of thing, get to the last spot before the gate, freeze yourself a spot to get to the button. As soon as he throws pop left and freeze him and then run to the button and back out the gate.

In the last area get between the two ice burgs you can hide between. You need to pop left and then shoot the left guy, pop back so his last shot doesn't get you then run to the star.
Hope this helps.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
beck
Gold Wonderlander

Post by beck » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:36 pm

I'm too slow. Will you come over and do this room for me? :D

Anyway, if I don't do this room, I assume I can't get anywhere else either? And there are more of these Thwart rooms? :cry:
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:53 pm

Nope this seems to be the end of the Thwarts. Not a fan of those beasties myself.

I wish I could come over and help ya out. I have my 13 year old son here. When it came time to race that lil guy with the blue thingy on his head my son took over for me. After me trying about 100 tries he sat down and got it on the first try.

I'm glad I have the goober boys help hehehehe
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:11 pm

Here is what I did.......
Like others I used the keyboard and mouse. The only way I could be quick enough was to place my mouse 1 square away (like in the first area put the arrow one square below the first thwart) from the thwart and than use your keyboard to move up, right-click, left-click. No need to move the mouse if you had it positioned correctly when you move up it should be right on the thwart. Hope that helps someone. :-)
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:19 pm

I used two hands -- one hand to control the mouse to move, to charge & to fire & prepositioned the other hand on the appropriate arrow key to move out of the way. Then I made a mad dash to the exit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:26 pm

I used two hands too Tasha!! Great to see you back posting and playing x :) x
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:08 pm

:D :D :D Is this the level where you get the blue shard? If it is you can actually shoot the thwarts from behind the wall as long as its the thwart straight across from your position. :D :D :D
Keeks
beck
Gold Wonderlander

Post by beck » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:46 am

After 2 days off and on, I finally got through this one! In the last part I ran right and as they fired, ran left and froze the leftmost thwart. Hid for a round, then ran like heck to hit the ice.

Or something like that.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Spoiler for this level regarding thwarts

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:52 pm

I can give you some tips regarding this level

When standing behind the 3 ice pillar, you can shoot at the Thwart from there on.
When you've collected the coins and are behind the second ice pillar, the one closest towards the thwarts, you can shoot also from behind that pillar to the left thwart!
Therfore I don't use the keyboard anymore. I've even passed this level under 5 minutes (can't remember the time) But on earlier tries it was longer than 5 minutes.
elmopalooza
Rainbow Seeker

Post by elmopalooza » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:19 am

You can't get out the green gate! It closes on you.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:43 am

elmopalooza wrote:You can't get out the green gate! It closes on you.
Yep! See that you're thru that green gate before it closed! :wink: