What is the purpose of these three magic chargers

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

What is the purpose of these three magic chargers

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:22 pm

I am playing POTZ again and i noticed that at the beginning of the level "Open the Blast Doors", that there are three magic chargers on a platform, a Pow charger, a Grow charger and a Flash charger. But what is weird is that it is impossible to reach these chargers. Why are they in the game if they are completely inaccessible :stinkyconfused: .
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: What is the purpose of these three magic chargers

Post by billy bob » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:14 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:22 pm
I am playing POTZ again and i noticed that at the beginning of the level "Open the Blast Doors", that there are three magic chargers on a platform, a Pow charger, a Grow charger and a Flash charger. But what is weird is that it is impossible to reach these chargers. Why are they in the game if they are completely inaccessible.
This is how to access the Pow and Grow and Flash chargers in "Open the Blast Doors!":
From the start of the adventure move out of the beginning area and through the first suction tube. Take the suction tube that leads to the Floing charger then move down through the rainbow teleporter. Move up and charge your gloves with Blink. Move down the path where the rainbow teleporter was and to the suction tube there. Blink into the corner of the suction tube, then Blink left as far as possible. Now Blink into the corner of the first suction tube that you passed through. Repeatedly Blink upwards very fast then when you are above water quickly Blink to the floor on the right (this is difficult). Now you will be where the Pow and Grow and Flash chargers are.
From here you can crash the game; charge your gloves with Flash then cast Flash onto the Chomper. Flash the Chomper back onto any space to crash the game with an "Array index out of bounds" message.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:22 pm

But why are they there when you are supposed to beat the level without them.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:45 am

Well, there's a number of possibilities, but I think the most likely is that they're left over from an earlier version of the level.

(Wouldn't it be funny if Shesez did a Boundary Break level on the Wonderland Adventures games? I don't know if there'd be that much to find, but...)
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:07 pm

I reckon it's to make it so that there's one of each type of magic charger in the adventure.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:45 pm

Looking at the beta thread, seems like no one has asked this question so there's no "official" answer in the beta topic.

I, too, think they wanted to keep the "one of each charger" theme.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 pm

rainbowmon wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:45 am
Well, there's a number of possibilities, but I think the most likely is that they're left over from an earlier version of the level.

(Wouldn't it be funny if Shesez did a Boundary Break level on the Wonderland Adventures games? I don't know if there'd be that much to find, but...)

There is some interesting stuff in WA1. Not sure about MOFI or POTZ though.