Clear The Way - MOFI

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Step on it yourself :wink:
Inger
Norway
MaryUK
Gold Wonderlander

Post by MaryUK » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Ok Inger, did your hint and stepped on the bridge myself, but when the green button is pushed nothing happens and the scritter is still sitting on one of the posts :shock:
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Mary, don't you have BLINK? I did this at the end.
Inger
Norway
MaryUK
Gold Wonderlander

Post by MaryUK » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Salin wrote:Mary, don't you have BLINK? I did this at the end.
I did try that after I posted but got stuck going the other way as well, after all my hard work moving that turtle around too :shock: :lol:
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Paidi had a good solution hint, did you read it?
You need to go clockwise, get either turtle or spikey on the coloured button. Then you can follow TP to POWpad. Take the gem and let the fireflower kill eachother. I found that I could shoot at least one barrel from where the TP are. Then make a path between barrels to kill both fireflower and get to the upper opening.
Never mind taking coins in here yet. Get BLINK, and go to the blue button (blink to it) watch the fireflower with your spy-eye. When you see one of them is shooting at the upper right, quickly blink back on button that openes the gate so that the fireshoot will blow up darkbrown barrels. Then you can get more blink and step on the green button, wich will make those 4 fireflowers kill eachother. Go back after coins, and now you can blink to the green button and quickly blink or run away. As soon as those two last fireflowers are dead, the level is over.
Inger
Norway
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:16 am

Apparently I'm the only one still having trouble getting across to the area on the west that has all those barrels. I have the turtle going back and forth across the teleporter buttons, but can't get him out of there to walk back and make a bridge for me. Help!
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:53 am

txmimi, no wonder, that was a hard part.
I made the turtle turn the spikey so he ended in the buttons area, then I led the turtle in the water. Make sure you don't step on those one-step bridges.
Inger
Norway
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:56 pm

Sigh. . . I actually have tried (on a separate save) to do just that, but have no clue how to actually make it happen. They both just go in circles. Guess I'll have to just keep at it.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Here's how I tried to do it
Step on upper, right end of the ice to turn the turtle, so he can interrupt the spike. It didn't always do the trick, if not try to go one step further up.
Inger
Norway
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Great tip! Made it that far! Thanks!
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:11 am

I keep reading people saying they can use the orange power to blow up some of the barrels on the left while standing on the orange glove. I can't hit a single barrel from there--too many obstacles. What is my problem?? Then when I finally get the explosive barrels blown up, the 4 fireflowers in the ice area destroyed, and try to go back to the beginning via the barrel area on the left (using the blink power), there's always a barrel in the way of blinking across the water. Very frustrating!!! Any more hints for me??? :(
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:54 am

No I don't stand on the POWglove when I shoot those barrels, I stand in TP :lol:
As for your return, I don't understand what you mean? I can't BLINK straight across the water either, I have to land on one of the pillars between the shores. No barrels should be in your way, unless I misunderstood you?
Inger
Norway
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:44 pm

It is hard to explain, isn't it. . . lol When I go across the water on the left for the first time, I've left the center barrel unexploded (the one south of the blue gate), because otherwise I run out of pows to get to the right and left to kill the fireflowers and still have one shot left to get through the red gate. So then at the end, when I'm trying to return that way, that pesky center barrel causes me problems blinking back across. Standing to the left or right of it gives an angle such that I haven't been able to blink to one of those pillars. Maybe my problem is in the shooting of the barrels the first time over? But if I blow up the center one, then I run out of pows to finish the section.
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:48 pm

Plus, when I'm standing in the teleporters I can manage to blow up one barrel, but only one, and it's not the one in the center.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:59 am

That's right, you can't reach the one in the center. BUT I used that way to get to the right fireflower.
Inger
Norway
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:26 am

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean?? :?
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:32 pm

You shot the right fireflower, yes? Did you reach him from top right? I reached him from bottom right, and I assume that's where the barrel in question is? If not, then I might have misunderstood you, sorry if that's the case.
I'll make a video if you like?
Inger
Norway