Out of Sight Help Please!

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Out of Sight Help Please!

Post by txpeach » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:06 pm

I know there has to be an easier way to do this. I can get across the colored blocks in the NW, wake up the little stinkers, and get me back across but by the time I open the gates enough to get a stinker across, one of them has fallen asleep. Please have mercy!!!

Peggy
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txpeach » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:29 pm

I'm going to start posting to this board more often. Seems and soon as I post how I am stuck, I figure it out. Maybe it will save any more hair from being pulled out!

Peggy
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:30 am

How did you figure out where the buttons were and which ones to step on when you can't see the gates being opened or closed?
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:29 pm

Gen - you play with the sound ON.
When you hear a button activate, use the Spy Eye to look and see what gates have moved.

I played this using squared paper and made a little map showing which squares activated which gates. You need the Wee Stinkers to help you get out again.

I can't remember the exact sequence, but keep moving over the switches until you just have an orange and a blue gate up. That's the last switch just left of the row of gates. If you step on that and the orange and blue go up, then step of and on again to open them. Then you can go through.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
mpetva
Silver Wonderlander

Post by mpetva » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:18 pm

I, for the life of me, can't figure out how and when to open those gates. I can't see anything to step on while swimming and I don't see or have any colored keys at this point.

Help, please.

Karen
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txpeach » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:31 pm

The switch to open the red gate is one or two down and to the right from the red door. If you have a grid with 3 rows and 8 columns, number them from top left to bottom right starting with 1, then #3 will toggle Orange, Green and Turquoise; #14 will toggle the Red; #16 will toggle Orange & Turquoise; #18 will toggle Orange & Yellow and #22 will toggle Orange & Green. Once you get into the area with the Stinkers, you will notice on the path down, are switches on the downward path. The first (at the top) will toggle Green, #2 will toggle Green & Orange; #3 will toggle Orange; #4 will toggle Yellow & Turquoise and #5 will toggle Turquoise. In the lower left portion of the area with the stinkers is a switch to toggle the Blue gate;

Hope this helps!
Peggy
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:21 pm

If anyone wants a map for this let me know. I'll either PM it or post it here if enough people want it. It shows where all the buttons are.
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:51 pm

popo wrote:If anyone wants a map for this let me know. I'll either PM it or post it here if enough people want it. It shows where all the buttons are.
I have been to the labrynth and used my inner voice to guide me, but it is not speaking to me now. Could use some HELP here.
Please and Thankyou.
jg
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:15 pm

I don't seem to be able to PM anything to anyone. Can you let me have your email?
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:31 pm

popo wrote:I don't seem to be able to PM anything to anyone. Can you let me have your email?
I can't PM attatchments either. Will Pm my mail.
jg
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:18 pm

Ok I got myself over to the lil stinkers, then I got the lil stinkers back over to the upper left area. I can grab the stinkers and put them where I need them on two buttons but can't reach the last button with a stinker.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should get myself back instead of the stinkers first. BUT will I be able to reach the row of buttons on the right?

Hmmmmmmmm

::::running to try it:::::

Yeppers THAT worked. Get yourself back through and then bring the stinkers through.

whew :stinkyroll:
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
blackdog2003

Post by blackdog2003 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 am

OK, I have tried and tried to get back after getting to the stinkers, but no matter what I do I can't find the right places to put the stinkers. I know that the solution is simple, but my simple mind can't figure it out. Please help.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:31 am

WARNING - Complete walkthrough.
Walk up to the red gate and step on the button just below it.
Go through the gate. As you do so you activate the OG switch - orange and green gates open.
Step on and off the OG switch again to close them again.
Press the OGB switch - orange, green and blue gates open.
Press the OYB switch - orange and blue gates close, yellow gate opens.
Now go to the OB switch and the blue and blue gates will open.
All gates should now be open and you can walk through. Be careful not to step on any buttons as you walk around.

As you walk down the path to the right you go over four round buttons, and in doing so the gates will close again.

Press the I (indigo) button and wake up the stinkers.

To get back you need to go through the gates yourself using the stinkers to stand on the buttons at the right for you, as they are round buttons they have to have someone stood on them.

Stand in the space between the buttons and the gates and move one stinker onto the G button and one onto the B button.
Walk onto the open green gate.
Move the bottom stinker off the B button and up onto the Y button.
Walk onto the open yellow gate.
Move the top stinker off the G button and down onto the O button.
Walk through into the other area.

Stand above the OB switch and move the stinkers about to close all gates then move them to the spaces between the buttons and the gates.

Now go through the same sequence you did to get through the gates at first.
Bring one stinker through and stand him out of the way of any switches.
Step on and off the OB button, then go through the sequence again to bring the other stinker through.

Step on the R button if the gate is closed and take both stinkers through.
Get the coins before leading stinkers to exit.
Last edited by popo on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:35 am

Last edited by popo on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pauline
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Thanks Popo, your such a sweetie......I sit here and take notes and try to make maps, I've gone thru a lot of paper. So I really appreciate that you took the extra time to do this for us. :D
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:25 pm

I'm still perplexed. I got in then placed the little ones on their buttons but couldn't get the right combination to get them thru. They fell asleep, said I was taking to long and they were bored. I also get confused at ya'alls colors. I have orange, yellow, light green and light blue buttons. And it's like the purple button to me is pink. It's funny the way we see things differently sometimes.

Anyhoo, I hate to ask but can someone please tell me which buttons to push for sure. Thank you....
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:48 am

Post Deleted.
Last edited by dlcs18 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlcs18
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ommy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:20 am

new screenshot. sorry popo, your map calls the orange gate/button red, and thus is a bit confusing. there is only one red gate and button in this adventure. hope you aren't offended by this correction, but i see so many confused players, and wanted to make it clearer.

i don't know if you want to make changes, but for those wanting to use the hints/maps posted as well as the solution at nutters:

the single gate and it's button is RED
the first of four gates is ORANGE
all of the references to red once past the red gate, should be considered orange (both buttons and gates)

for those with different names for colors

cyan is light blue, the game calls this BLUE
the dark blue gate/button should be INDIGO
and yes, purple items look more magenta or pink, but in the game it's referred to as purple (none in this adventure)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:04 am

I see there are already solutions posted at mette's place. I keep her in my favorites, naturally. Thank you everyone for the hard work, I for one greatly appreciate it.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:26 am

ommy wrote:new screenshot. sorry popo, your map calls the orange gate/button red, and thus is a bit confusing. there is only one red gate and button in this adventure. hope you aren't offended by this correction, but i see so many confused players, and wanted to make it clearer.

i don't know if you want to make changes, but for those wanting to use the hints/maps posted as well as the solution at nutters:

the single gate and it's button is RED
the first of four gates is ORANGE
all of the references to red once past the red gate, should be considered orange (both buttons and gates)

for those with different names for colors

cyan is light blue, the game calls this BLUE
the dark blue gate/button should be INDIGO
and yes, purple items look more magenta or pink, but in the game it's referred to as purple (none in this adventure)
Sorry about that. My screen is quite dark and I have trouble distinguishing between red and orange buttons/gates. I'll try and get it changed later today. It shouldn't make any difference to being able to follow it though as the instructions apply to the map more than to what you see on your screen.

To be honest, I did wonder why there were two red gates in there. :wink: :lol:

Thanks for pointing it out. :D

EDIT
Now udated.....Mette's site should be updated shortly. :D
Pauline
royalpains11
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by royalpains11 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:06 am

I got the stinkers through the gates but how do I get the coins? By the time I get the stinkers through the gates the coin gate is closed. Help!