Diagonal Moves

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Diagonal Moves

Post by wonderland01 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:25 am

Highlight for what I knowI know I need to press all of the switches, I don't know where to go.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Where? Please be more clearly on what adventure/level you are?

Please give your subject the title of the adventure where you're stuck.

Otherwise we can't help you! Oeps haven't played that level yet!
Last edited by Erwin042 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:46 pm

Just work your way around the ice diagonally, you will eventually get to every switch. You may have to go back to some of them as you have to use them to get to others. Have a good look round before you start to see where you're aiming for. :D
Pauline
Honeybee
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Honeybee » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:31 pm

I am really stuck here. I can get 4 barrels in the center section, 1 on the left, and 3 on the right to the left of the star. I am not seeing how to possibly get to any of the other buttons to activate them. The screen says "watch for freezing water"... what does that mean... I don't see anything unusual happening to the water anywhere!!! Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:04 am

That just means be careful not to go sliding into the water. You can go in a straight line around the edge in a certain place, and also straight between the outer and inner diagonal paths in places too, to enable you to get to every button. You may have to go over a button you already pressed to get to another one so be sure to go back over it again to reactivate it.
Pauline
Butters

Post by Butters » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:10 pm

I've followed the hints, but wasn't making much headway beyond getting 4 barrels. Out of desperation, I tried the number pad, which I haven't normally been using, to try and find the additional diagonal moves. That is the key... Success! Thanks to all.
Nona22

diagonal moves WAdven

Post by Nona22 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:58 pm

Hi, Butters,
What do you mean that you used the number pad? I have been trying this one over and over and keep going in the water. Thanks.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:54 pm

I found that placing the curser/circle/target thing just in front of your player (your starting point) instead of placing it further away from you (your ending point) ensures that you are truely going to slide diagonally.

It works for me, and (sorry Patrick) I am no big fan of mouse control.
(But I am trying to use it, as that is how the game is meant to be played.) :D
jg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jacks13
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Jacks13 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:24 pm

I was lost with this level at first. I did the same as Janet, putting the cursor just in front of my character, making sure it was diagonal. You may need to hit a couple of switches two or three times to get all the stumps you need to get across. If you persevere, you will get there. I enjoyed this level, once I had worked it out....... :wink:
elmopalooza
Rainbow Seeker

Post by elmopalooza » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:20 am

I can only make a few moves. I can get maybe two switches but the rest are impossible to get to. I end up in the water.
Jacks13
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Jacks13 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:21 pm

I did spend a while on this level in order to complete it. But trust me, if I can do it then anyone can !! I am totally useless at this game. As I said before, you will need to go over some switches a few times. You get to see what happens and when, once you've done it a few times... :oops: You just have to keep trying. Now I've completed it I don't see how to go back, to be able to let you know how I myself did it. Others may have done it differently. Just stick with it. I think I did all the close diagonal moves first, collecting coins etc. You can also move left to right on the tiles on the outside edges. Good luck....you can do it !!!!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:55 pm

I did a complete walkthrough (slidethrough) for this one on Mette's website, the address is here http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3617

It's very easy, you just have to be careful to go diagonally or you end up in the drink. :D

The walkthrough actually looks a lot more confusing than it is.
Pauline