Rainbow Key nd Purple Shard Help

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Rainbow Key nd Purple Shard Help

Post by Clifford » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:42 pm

Theres a rainbow gate west of the windmill but I cannot find a key. Also I got the puple shard but it's not in my inventory. Please help!

(Note: I can't go to the void anymore)
sewel5
Rainbow Keeper

Post by sewel5 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:54 pm

To get the rainbow key you need to complete all levels in the temple ruins.
Of course you can't go to the void anymore, nobody can. The purple shard doesn't take you to the void.

About the purple shard not being in your inventory, I dunno
I'll get a toontown membership if I can make bread.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:57 pm

Did you use the cheat on the adventure "The Purple Shard"?

As for the rainbow gate, there must be an extra rainbow key somewhere. You could try searching for an unfinished
adventure that would possibly give you one, but I don't remember. I don't think the key's hidden.
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Re: Rainbow Key nd Purple Shard Help

Post by Erwin042 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:06 pm

Clifford wrote:Theres a rainbow gate west of the windmill but I cannot find a key. Also I got the puple shard but it's not in my inventory. Please help!

First about that rainbow gate west of the windmill.
I added a picture supposing this is what you mean.

When this is the area, then you have to look at the solution on Mette's site for stars70&71.
That third rainbow key is located in the Ruins. You need 2 rainbow keys to open 2 rainbow gates.
I don't know exactly anymore where you find those 3 keys.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:13 pm

About the purple shard:
popo wrote: Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:08 pm

You can cheat this level but you won't pick up the shard, and floinging won't give it you either, so you will end up with one shard short. It doesn't stop you from finishing the game though, or completing other levels to get all the stars, just means you don't have all the shards in your bag.
When you have a savegame left from the point before using the cheat, you can continue from there on (rarely the occasion )

Or worst:
Restart the whole game over ! :twisted: :evil: :!:

We're very sorry but these are the 2 possibilities you have!
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Re: Rainbow Key nd Purple Shard Help

Post by Clifford » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:07 am

Erwin042 wrote:
Clifford wrote:Theres a rainbow gate west of the windmill but I cannot find a key. Also I got the puple shard but it's not in my inventory. Please help!

First about that rainbow gate west of the windmill.
I added a picture supposing this is what you mean.

When this is the area, then you have to look at the solution on Mette's site for stars70&71.
That third rainbow key is located in the Ruins. You need 2 rainbow keys to open 2 rainbow gates.
I don't know exactly anymore where you find those 3 keys.
Yes that.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:11 am

...wait a sec...

Could someone please kindly send me a saved data file of a player that has the purple shard?

Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by 321 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Enter ???? and then start going to all adventures and you will have a chance.
Last edited by 321 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sewel5
Rainbow Keeper

Post by sewel5 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:15 pm

Nevermind. He changed it already.
Last edited by sewel5 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:25 am

deleted.
Last edited by mqdar on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by 321 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:03 pm

I edited my post.that means you 2 can edit your posts
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

purple

Post by Clifford » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:50 am

321 wrote:I edited my post.that means you too can edit your posts
Everyone that's been Innoying 3 times, I call them an Idiot and don't answer their questions until they've post a GOOD message 3 times.

Hello! What's that to do about the purple shard?

Listen: I restarted the game and got back up to the purple shard.

It is way to difficult. Even looking at the answer.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Which part of this level is too difficult?
The part where you have to blink thru the fireball of that thwart?
Or another part?

I'm sure there is a custom adventure made where you can practice that blinking thru fireballs. But I can't remember what the name is or who made it. I thought it's one of dlcs18'adventures, but I haven't found it.
sewel5
Rainbow Keeper

Post by sewel5 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:24 am

Many custom adventures use that trick.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:40 am

Erwin042 wrote:Which part of this level is too difficult?
Or another part?

I'm sure there is a custom adventure made where you can practice that blinking thru fireballs. But I can't remember what the name is or who made it. I thought it's one of dlcs18'adventures, but I haven't found it.
Lukily I got a white key from Wonderland Adventures Lvl 2.

Now, I can't do the blink thru Thwarts and the other thwart at bottom. :D

I'm too slow. Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Clifford wrote:
Erwin042 wrote:Which part of this level is too difficult?
Or another part?

Lukily I got a white key from Wonderland Adventures Lvl 2.

Now, I can't do the blink thru Thwarts and the other thwart at bottom. :D

I'm too slow. Image
I asked for that particular custom adventure and we found it.
You can practice blinking thru fireballs in the adventure "Station 19" from Dlcs18.
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

purple shard STAR

Post by janellesnip » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:49 am

Dear all,
I have been done with the game for a few days now, but I too have used cheat on the purple shard adventure. There are too many ways to get killed and too many sequences I have to memorize. I can't do it. So I cheated.
Now I am at the end of the game and have 104 stars. The only levels I cheated on are "Button Me Down" and "The Purple Shard". So my white gate will not open in the market area, and I am never going to reach the end of the game.
Patrick -- if you give a way to cheat, you ought to at least give us the important things out of the level with that -- that is, the star or the shard -- even if you do not give us the coins and the gems.
I do not like this idea of not being able to track your progress UNLESS you interrupt your game to find the floing guy; and then only if you also go to the forum and compare notes with nutters. I do not like the idea of having to repeat large parts of the game or the entire game if something is missing. I do not like the idea of searching through ALL of my saved games in order to find one where I might be able to continue from a certain point rather than to start at the beginning. It would be much more efficient to have one saved game per player, that saved automatically whenever the player finished a level, instead of seven or nine saved games I do not even recognize. And I do not like having to cry for help at least once every four or five levels. I know there is a thread about the difficulty of this game. I am going to visit that next.

Yours,
Janelle

ps what is behind the white gate anyhow?
thecreepykeeper

Rainbow Key nd Purple Shard

Post by thecreepykeeper » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:17 pm

There IS no reason to go back to the void. There is nothing else there. And if you have completed the levels in the temple, you will have an extra after activating the Rainbow Pool
mikamocha_ye

Purple Shard

Post by mikamocha_ye » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 am

You can use flowing/flonging (I forgot exactly what) to get the purple shard.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:42 pm

If you cheated on this level, then even if you Floing to replay the level, you won't be able to get the shard. That's how Floing works, you can't take any items outside the level. You can only do that the first time you play an adventure. That's why you can't get more than one yellow key out of "Frozen Doors", for example. (Though I really would like to know how did Clifford manage to take a white key out of "Wonderland Adventure 2", I thought there was no way to finish the level without using it?)

You can also take all three orange keys out of "The Purple Shard" because you really don't need them. :wink: I don't think they're actually useful at this point in the game, though, even if you were to go back and get the remaining stars...

There's a very easy way to finish "The Purple Shard" without any keys in less than 20 seconds. :wink: The fastest possible is 15, but only barely, I tend to get 16 most of the time. You can get times like 18 seconds without even trying all that hard.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:34 am

The best way to get the purple shard (If skipped the level) is:(I cannot tell you until you're ad the sign in the south in the market)

I am keeping this secret because....I cannot tell you.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:30 am

Yes, you could use that to reactivate the adventure as-if-for-the-first-time (i.e. without Floing) and take the Purple Shard by teleporting yourself at the right coordinates. Then you can teleport yourself out of the adventure if you don't want to have more than 105 stars.

But it's seriously a much better idea to just get the huge inventory bag as fast as you can, then if you have spare items, USE as many of them as you can before going to The Void. So, basically, "get it right the first time". :wink:

When you get to the final level, you can use my solution to finish it in less than 20 seconds without any troubles normally associated with it.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:20 am

As for the X,Y coordinates I could see the master .dat file to see the starting X,Y coordinates and replay that adventure.