Turtle navigation

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Turtle navigation

Post by txmimi » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:26 am

I assume that the goal of the first section of this level is to get the turtle to use the blue teleporter and therefore step on the yellow button? I have tried and tried and tried but cannot seem to do this. Any clues from anyone? I block its exit from the blue gate and divert it to the left, but from there, it just goes repeatedly into the water.
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Post by nancyec » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:07 am

Can you get the turtle out of his slot & walking toward the left? If you can't, here's how you do that:
you have to step on the blue button to let him out then time stepping on the glider arrow thing across the lake so that you're sailing past him when he comes out of his slot & he bumps into you to turn left
If you can get him out of his slot but not onto the blue teleporter, here's how you do that:
you need to have the glider arrow thing at the left of the pond when he comes out of his slot, then when he is in the left corner, position yourself so that he bumps into you then turns & gets on the glider arrow thing.....he will sail himself across the lake then walk into the teleporter
Hope that helps!
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

coin help in turtle navigation

Post by ommy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:08 pm

any hints on how to get the coin in this level? i seem to need all four turtles to get to the star/key

thanks!
- ommy
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:17 pm

This topic already exist, see if you can find some help there :lol:

http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17470
Inger
Norway
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:03 pm

I had no idea the turtle would ride on the transporter! Discovered that quite by happy accident. :-) I wasn't able to get the coin, either, and the link posted didn't refer to this level.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:09 pm

OK, pm on it's way
Inger
Norway
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ommy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:22 pm

I wasn't able to get the coin, either, and the link posted didn't refer to this level.

OK, pm on it's way
hope i get a pm too - ? thanks!
ommy
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:29 pm

Yup!
Inger
Norway
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:56 pm

Sorry you guys who got a pm. If you didn't pick it up, I'll delete them.
I was in a total different level, my mistake.

SPOILER WARNIG

DO NOT HIGHLIGHT AND READ UNTIL YOU'RE SURE YOU'RE STUCK
You need one turtle to get the coin, two turtles to get on Island and one turtle to reach the star.

Coin: Raise all three gates. It will be a good idea to do this one last.

Two turtles: Raise cyan and green gate.

Star: White and cyan gates
Inger
Norway
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

figured my solution

Post by ommy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:57 pm

thanks for the pm Salin, but it seems we are talking about different levels. Anyway i found my own solution to get the coin in MOFI's Turtle Navigation. then slapped my forehead and said DUH.

txmimi - in case you're still stuck:

use white-down, blue and green up to get two turtles for crossing to island. use all three up to get one to cross to the coin, then use blue and white up, green down for final turtle - approach it diagonally to reach the star.
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:22 am

Thanks, ommy, for this tip! I had finished the level without getting the coin, so I went back and redid it! I see what you mean about the DUH factor. I tend to forget about the ability to move diagonally.