One Way Tickets - another way to solve (cheat) it.

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
phoenix-girl

One Way Tickets - another way to solve (cheat) it.

Post by phoenix-girl » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:25 am

There is another way to solve this level - besides doing it the intended way. I am using a new thread because the cheat-solution mentioned in the other thread http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic ... one+ticket no longer works.

If you go to the guy that can "Flo" you back in time, then you can replay Frozen Doors. In the Frozen Doors level, instead of using the yellow key to open the yellow door, get the Chomper to hold the door open, for you, by freezing him.

That way, you will end up with an extra yellow key. For emergencies; like in One Way Ticket.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:16 am

You mean the key doesn't vanish when you're outside of the level?

... if so, then you can replay the level over and over and get multiple yellow keys. That means that an entire set of keys can be rendered useless if you have enough patience.

I need to remember where else are yellow keys required. This could make for some seriously interesting sequence breaking. Haven't played this game in a long time, though I beat almost all the levels...

EDIT: Scratch that, yellow keys aren't all that awesome in other levels (judging by a very quick look over the MS solutions) and the hub doesn't use them either! I'm disappointed, this seemed like an actual big sequence break, but no...

Oh well.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:45 am

OK, I just tested this out in Floing. I couldn't be bothered to see if it works the first time -- getting to "Frozen Doors" from the start of a new game is too much of a bother. In Floing, however, it most definitely doesn't work -- the game takes the key away once you finish. So, if it works at all, it only works once.

You can have one spare yellow key for an adventure and if you skip some other adventures, you can return with three orange keys from "The Purple Shard" and use those.

That means the game allows you to have four extra keys to use in adventures... but it's not all that great of a sequence break because you can't take them IN a Floing-replayed adventure either. It only works the first time you play it.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.