How to cheat on the level "The Purple Shard"

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

How to cheat on the level "The Purple Shard"

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Here's a way to complete the level "The Purple Shard" without actually collecting ANY fire keys:

For the first part of the level, get past the thwarts and step on the red button, closing the gate behind you. Now you're in the magic area with "Pop", "Brr", and "Blink".

With "Brr", make two "ice tablets" (as I like to call them) as a path to the land above the magic area. Refill your "Brr" magic. Stand on the open red gate on the right, and freeze the thwart shooting at you from there. Slide up the route you just created with "Brr", create a route of ice tablets that form a diagnol line to the lower-right corner, create two more ice tablets going back down, and head back to the magic area. This diagnol route is the path you should take instead of the one that closes the red gate forever.

Now that you have the diagnol route prepared, "Brr" two more ice tablets to the platform north of the magic area. Wait for the thwart you froze earlier to unfreeze and then freeze him again. Refill your "Brr" magic, slide to the northern platform, slide down the diagnol platform to the eastern button area, and then create an ice tablet once space south-west of the white gate. Use "Brr" to create the diagnol route again, take the diagnol route, and then use "Brr" to create a path back down to the magic area.

You figure out the rest. And also, you won't have to open the white gate either. And also, I made these instructions hard to follow for an additional challenge.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 am

In fact, we have found a solution to that level that involves almost no danger, and makes the level completable in 0:15-0:16.

It is discussed in this topic: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23307
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:27 am

Your solution is the one I discovered initially, back when I was still using "Brr".

However, there's *ONE* spot from which you can blink past the gates. You can exit the level in 16 seconds that way. 15 is possible, but not easy. Times like 0:18 are achievable without even trying.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.