POTZ - Brr 101

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

POTZ - Brr 101

Post by popo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm stuck trying to get my wee stinker back up the corridor with the fireflower shooting at him. I froze it and let out the scritter to hold the yellow gate open while I went down to the wee stinker, but now when I open the blue gate I can't freeze the flower unless I slide towards it and then it gets me and I die. How can I keep it frozen while I get the wee stinker back up and home? :?

I've already saved the other wee stinker and sent him home. Should I have saved him to help me get the other one out?

I'm getting nowhere fast at the moment. :roll:
Pauline
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:47 pm

You need to be quick.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Yes, you're supposed to get in and then back out before the fireflower re-awakens.

If you're finding this too hard, here's a tip: freeze the flower, then freeze the scritter slightly later than you normally would. Just stand there on the red gate and wait for a second before freezing the scritter. That will allow the scritter to stay frozen long enough to block two fireflower shots instead of one, buying you some extra time.

Mind you, this is supposed to be completely unnecessary, it's not that difficult to just run for it... but if all else fails, this might be a nice little trick to get you through.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:20 am

Not sure how the scritter can block two fireflower shots unless it's because one shot unfreezes it and the second shot kills it, but if it is that I'm still not quick enough to get back before it fires again. Or at least the wee stinker following me isn't. I've even tried freezing the scritter, then waiting until the fireflower unfroze and immediatley freezing it again before setting off to get the stinker, but again I get sizzled on the way back up. The fireflower is just about ready for unfreezing by the time I have the scritter on the button.

Thanks for the tips though, I'll keep trying until I get totally fed up. :)

PS. Am I dreaming or did you used to be able to double click on your stinker, or a place up ahead, to make him run? I've tried in the game and it doesn't work. :?
Pauline
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:31 am

For what it's worth, what I ended up doing was freezing the Scritter, then the Fire Flower, by directing it into position just after the Flower shot. Doing this, I've never had a problem with time.

EDIT: That is to say, I froze the Flower, then got the Scritter on the button - Once the Flower had thawed, I froze the Scritter, then the Flower again.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:01 am

I think I may just not be able to move quick enough. I've been freezing the flower then getting the critter on the button and freezing it, then freezing the flower again (which I can only do by moving up to the yellow gate) but then the critter unfreezes and moves off the button, so I have to start over. Having arthritis makes rapid clicking very hard - right click to activate glove, use glove, right click to deactivate glove, left click to move, etc, etc. Just can't do it fast enough. :cry: May be another cheat code moment coming here.
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Phew, finally done it. :D I reprogrammed my mouse so that the button on the side where my thumb is does the right click because the right button where my middle finger goes is harder to press. Made it much easier to do. Onward and upward. :D
Pauline