The Ultimate WA Editor Hex-Editing Topic! Take A Look!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:39 am

EDIT: Re: Sun Sphere 2 - I think you're right. Going to try something in a little bit and see what happens.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:57 am

ITS 60 pages of DISSCUSION,HEX-EDITING AND OF COURSE, SHARING

Also those models like !Obstacle 51 and up.The blue frame from the rainbow portal can be one of them.
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:05 am

Mm, that might be. I didn't actually look into what the Obstacles are.

Also, confirmed: SunSphere2 is the interior "orb". I thought the inner orb would've been part of the SunSphere 1 model, but changing it to something else (provided it doesn't make the game crash) still loads the orb.

EDIT: Looking into Obstacles at the moment.
!Obstacle51 is the weird tall "cactus" thing that can be seen on Jaava (the really tall one).

!Obstacle55 is the blue, leafed plant that can only be seen in one room on Qwertyx.

!Obstacle59 is the small, jagged rock that appears on Barren.

This still leaves a huge number of the game's scenery objects unaccounted for, though... Going to see what I can dig up on the rest.

EDIT2: Okay, ummm...? I'm looking, and can't seem to find anything for the others...

Going to try something on a level and see what happens in the Editor, this is strange.

EDIT3: Okay, I think I'm onto something!

Using Notepad++'s search files function, Adventure 71 and 124 both have !Obstacle51 in them. What's notable here is that 124 has the tall cacti, while 71 doesn't - it has the tall, claw-esque rocks.

I think these 3 obstacles (or at least, 51 and 59) have multiple models associated with them based on a variable. Interesting!
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:47 am

DP because reasons.

So, with a bit of digging around with XVI32 and MNIK's PowerWop application (which is still awesome btw, cheers), I think I've narrowed things down somewhat.

This is a comparison of the settings on two different instances of an Obstacle51 object (both instances appearing differently in-game). Data0 and Data1 are the only changes other than the scale.

Now, I don't know what values do what yet, but I think it's safe to say that Data0 and Data1 control the model and texture for these obstacles.

I don't recall any props from WA1 or MoFI doing something like this, so this is quite interesting. 8)

Anyways, just a tidbit of knowledge for now. If people want me to make conversion files for the scenery, I'll see what I can do, but I think it'd be better to just wait for the WA3 Editor.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:21 pm

Hub\Adventure Title Doesn't really do anything.
Level Background if not 1 then The Wall Background will not be there.
it will be blank black floors.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Caton wrote:Hub\Adventure Title Doesn't really do anything.
Level Background if not 1 then The Wall Background will not be there.
it will be blank black floors.
Um, this topic is old and outdated. Please don't bump.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:50 pm

I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶e̶x̶-̶e̶d̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶e̶.̶

EDIT: Whoops, I was wrong. Here's the new hex-editing thread, apparently.