Unofficial Wonderland Adventures Editor Guide

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:38 am

Emerald, about the RT dialogue thing.
I think its the effect that gets used on WA and MOFI where the letters slam down on to the screen when you first see the interchange.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon May 20, 2013 4:34 am

I'm confused about something:

How do I make a dialogue where someone says something, stays in the same position, and then if you talk to them again they say something else?

For instance, the dancers in Wondertown in WA1. After you talk to them and tell them if you like their performance, they say something different after that. I'm lost here.

Thanks,
WK.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Mon May 20, 2013 8:13 am

There's a CMD for it, If I recall, it was CMD 22 (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't remember the datas functions, though. Ithink you must check the MS dialogue tutorial.
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon May 20, 2013 9:24 am

No, no, no!

You can just set the Function for the dialog to 1, then the Data to the desired interchange.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:10 am

Thanks, but which data? I tried the first Data option, in which I entered 5, the number of the desired interchange. But it doesn't take me to interchange 5. It takes me to a blank interchange, where the character says nothing, and I have no responses to choose from. What am I doing wrong? (If it helps, the NPC originally starts at dialog 2. After I say a certain thing, I want his default interchange to be dialog 5.)

Thanks,
WK.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:39 am

WK, to fix your problem do these steps:

1. Set the ID of the NPC that you want it to say something else after you finish talking to it to 7 for example (you can change this number)

2. Create a dialogue for the text the desired NPC will say when you first talk to him (say dialogue 23, you can change this number), and another dialogue for what you want the same NPC to say when you talk to him the next time you want to talk to him (say dialogue 24, you can change this number)

3. In the last intercharge of Dialogue 23 (The first dialogue of the NPC), set the CMD to 62, then set data1 to 7 (ID of the NPC) , then set data 2 to 24 (The second dialogue), then set both data3 and data4 to -1 (None).

There is another way to do it via CMD 22, but I'm too lazy to write it right now.
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 am

Yzfm wrote:WK, to fix your problem do these steps:

1. Set the ID of the NPC that you want it to say something else after you finish talking to it to 7 for example (you can change this number)

2. Create a dialogue for the text the desired NPC will say when you first talk to him (say dialogue 23, you can change this number), and another dialogue for what you want the same NPC to say when you talk to him the next time you want to talk to him (say dialogue 24, you can change this number)

3. In the last intercharge of Dialogue 23 (The first dialogue of the NPC), set the CMD to 62, then set data1 to 7 (ID of the NPC) , then set data 2 to 24 (The second dialogue), then set both data3 and data4 to -1 (None).

There is another way to do it via CMD 22, but I'm too lazy to write it right now.
Whoa, you're going waaaaay too advanced here.

Wonderland King, can you tell me in ONE CLEAR SENTENCE what you need doing? I'm sure we can help you, but I think we're all a bit confused at the moment.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! :evil:
Sorry to rage, but there's a MUCH easier way to do this!

Set the FUNC of the interchange to 1, then set the Data (just Data with no numbers) to the desired interchange. This is achieved in the actual dialogue editor, not the general commands.
You don't need any commands to do this. Just simply change the function and the data inside the dialogue editor. This is one of the basic things you can do. Did you take a look at the tutorials?
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:36 am

md wrote:YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! :evil:
Sorry to rage, but there's a MUCH easier way to do this!

Set the FUNC of the interchange to 1, then set the Data (just Data with no numbers) to the desired interchange. This is achieved in the actual dialogue editor, not the general commands.
You don't need any commands to do this. Just simply change the function and the data inside the dialogue editor. This is one of the basic things you can do. Did you take a look at the tutorials?
Agreed, FNC 1 works like a charm and is simple as... I cannot recall simpler thing right now, sorry.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Thanks for all your help. Sorry, I just forgot to post saying I figured it out. But I did get it now, so thanks everyone! :D
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Bumping this just to throw in something I stumbled across recently that might prove helpful (though I imagine there are already people who have worked it out).

There's the set of 3 "Global AskAbout" commands that sort of... stand out, because of how strangely they function.

One straightforward use for these is if you have multiple Store NPCs in an adventure who sell the same items.

For instance, if you've got two stores who both have a Spy-Eye for sale, if you set the AskAbout for the Spy-Eye to "Active: 1" (and enable it via a command, of course), then when the player buys the Spy-Eye, you can just use a Global AskAbout Deactivate command to prevent the option from showing up for the other store as well.

This could also be used if you've got multiple NPCs the player can talk to for advice, with one question that you only want the player asking about once (at which point, again, global deactivate).

I don't know about the practicality of the latter, but I think the former might be what these commands are intended for. Keyword is "think", 'cause I don't know for sure.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Whoa, DP/Bump.

Just found out something potentially useful for Stinker NPCs, I haven't seen this documented anywhere else.

The Exclamation variable specifies a particle effect that will appear above the NPC's head whenever the player gets close enough (I think it's within 3 tiles or so).

This way there doesn't need to be a separate mechanism in the level to make the exclamation particle appear.

(I might be the only one who's ended up having to do that because I'm an idiot and din't know what Exclamation did, but hey, posting this anyways)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:33 am

I'm not sure if this has been answered already,- sorry if it has- but I want to make all of a background a certain type of tile to surround the level so I don't have to surround the whole area myself with about 20 layers of that kind of tile.

Thanks,
WK. :D
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:35 am

Without changing the background texture for the level texture in particular, there's no way other than making the level larger and surrounding it with the wall-type you want, sorry. :(
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:36 am

There's no way to do that in the editor, but what's wrong with changing the background texture?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:58 am

Then it'd use the same background tiles for every level using the same texture. That's really the only downside to it, if you're using non-standard wall variants in the level (e.g. the Classic Wonderland tiles in the MoFI version of abstract).
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Then it'd use the same background tiles for every level using the same texture. That's really the only downside to it, if you're using non-standard wall variants in the level (e.g. the Classic Wonderland tiles in the MoFI version of abstract).
You can just make a custom background texture...
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:32 am

Bumping this back up with a PoTZ related discovery.

As I'm sure some have noticed, the player's starting direction when entering hub areas/starting adventures is variable in PoTZ. After a bit of meddling around with the Editor, I've found out:

Command 7 now uses Data4 for the player's direction, for example...

CMD: 7
Data 1: 39
Data 2: 10
Data 3: 10
Data 4: 180

... if used in the PoTZ hub, will teleport the player to the Star Town fountain area, facing up. Values start from 0 (down), going clockwise (ie. 45 is south-west, 90 is west, 135 is north-west, etc.).

It also allows for non-diagonal angles, so you can have the player looking at only a slight angle or such (provided you want to do that for some reason).
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Bumping this back up with a PoTZ related discovery.

As I'm sure some have noticed, the player's starting direction when entering hub areas/starting adventures is variable in PoTZ. After a bit of meddling around with the Editor, I've found out:

Command 7 now uses Data4 for the player's direction, for example...

CMD: 7
Data 1: 39
Data 2: 10
Data 3: 10
Data 4: 180

... if used in the PoTZ hub, will teleport the player to the Star Town fountain area, facing up. Values start from 0 (down), going clockwise (ie. 45 is south-west, 90 is west, 135 is north-west, etc.).

It also allows for non-diagonal angles, so you can have the player looking at only a slight angle or such (provided you want to do that for some reason).
Double-post, but adding onto this.

Through further investigation, I've also found that LevelExit arrows in PoTZ have two additional parameters - Data4, which controls rotation (same as with the CMD), and Data5. I'm not sure what the latter does, if anything, but it's there.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumanGamer
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by HumanGamer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:58 am

Just some quick info about PotZ hubs.

The starting location is level 1 at 10 X and 28 Y :)
WA3 Editor Tools
WOP Research
WA Map Recreation

I was previously known as cooldudepoke.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:03 am

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:23 am

Is it possible to have a single dialogue or general command button activate 2 or more commands at once? (And the flip glitch isn't going to happen here - sorry.) If it's not possible yet, will it be possible in the POTZ editor?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:46 am

As of right now, it's not directly possible, and I don't expect it to be in the PoTZ Editor either, considering that the dialogue and button structure is the same as the old Editor (I've poked around, so I can attest to this).

If you need one interchange to do multiple things, the best thing to do is have a very fast NPC hidden somewhere in the level with the commands you want to execute as General Command buttons in front of it. Instead of calling a single command, just get the NPC to move and activate all the buttons.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:08 am

Good idea. I had done something like that with a chomper, so the button would open the gate and the chomper could go through, but the gate activation took too long. Thanks! :D
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:31 am

Wonderland King wrote:Good idea. I had done something like that with a chomper, so the button would open the gate and the chomper could go through, but the gate activation took too long. Thanks! :D
How about you change the gate activation speed?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:37 pm

Thanks, yot yot5, but I tried that already. Unfortunately, I needed it to be WAY faster than gates could activate. Anyway, (again, sorry for asking so many questions here) FNC 5 isn't working for me. I have a custom item (with the texture and function of a GlowGem, if that helps) with ID and FNC ID of 15. I have a dialog with FNC 5 and Data 15, but even after I collect the GlowGem, it goes one interchange ahead in the dialog, as if I never collected it. Am I doing something wrong?
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:02 am

Wonderland King wrote:Thanks, yot yot5, but I tried that already. Unfortunately, I needed it to be WAY faster than gates could activate. Anyway, (again, sorry for asking so many questions here) FNC 5 isn't working for me. I have a custom item (with the texture and function of a GlowGem, if that helps) with ID and FNC ID of 15. I have a dialog with FNC 5 and Data 15, but even after I collect the GlowGem, it goes one interchange ahead in the dialog, as if I never collected it. Am I doing something wrong?
It sounds like you're doing everything correctly. Try double-checking everything.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:46 pm

I figured it out. FNC 5 does not accept anything with the function of a lamp, glow gem, spy-eye, or pair of gloves. (But the texture doesn't matter.)
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:43 am

add cmd 12 which adjusts music's bass,middle and treble

data1=not used
data2=bass
data3=middle
data4=treble
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.