How Do You Create A Hub?

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
peterwismath
Bronze Wonderlander

How Do You Create A Hub?

Post by peterwismath » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm Thinking Of Making WA:MORI,So Can You Tell Me How To Make Hubs?
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:41 pm

MAGIC!

Seriously, you should make more standalone adventures before you make a hub. It takes experience.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Also, you can just make regular adventures and later, if you feel like it, convert them into hub adventures. It's also much easier to test the adventures if you don't have to go through a hub world every time.

Converting your adventures involves editing the master.dat file, renaming the adventure folder, and placing it in the \Data\Adventures folder. It's not really that hard to do and if you want help with it, I'd be more than happy to give it. If you want to get fancy and change cutscenes or the opening screen, then it starts to get tricky. I hate to point you to the "HEX editing topic" because it's such a monster to search though, but that's where you will find the best information about Hub adventures.

Anyway, I agree with the others to try out some more individual adventures to start. Not that you wouldn't be able to do a hub, but they take a long time to do, and I'd hate to see someone get bored and lose interest in level making after just making a few adventures :)
needs a 12 step program for overcoming addiction to Minecraft.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2