What Does Command 4 Do?

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
md
Rainbow Master

What Does Command 4 Do?

Post by md » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:30 am

Description:
Sets Object modifier #Data2 to #Data3 for all Objects with ID matching Data1.

What does command #4 do? Does it have something to do with using an item on a certain spot, and a gate opens? :?

Please help me. :D

Thanks a lot! :D
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:44 am

I don't think anyone has actually used CMD 4. No one here knows what it actually does (except MS himself). I've released around 35 adventure and I've never used CMD 4 a single time.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:23 am

Well, then how do you make it that if you use an item at a certain spot, something happens, like a gate opens, or a bridge pops up? :?

For Example (might be a spoiler);
Like on the pyramid in WA where if you use the wierd key (icon 0) near the water, the bridge pops up, or on Wonderland Adventures, arcade game where if you use the blue dot near the water, a bridge pops up, or in MOFI where if you use those ? mark things in the correct spots on the faces, a bridge pops up.
Thanks! :D
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:26 pm

That has nothing to do with CMD 4.

The "weird keys" will activate bridges (and gates?) with the same ID as it's Fn ID if you're standing next to where the bridge will be when you use it. Their Fn is "ID On Local" (or "ID On Local +" if they're reusable).
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:33 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:That has nothing to do with CMD 4.

The "weird keys" will activate bridges (and gates?) with the same ID as it's Fn ID if you're standing next to where the bridge will be when you use it. Their Fn is "ID On Local" (or "ID On Local +" if they're reusable).
Thanks, that really helps. So if you want to activate a rainbow bridge of subcolour 1, you'd make the item's function ID 541. :)

But what about in MOFI (again, might be a spoiler):
With the question mark item to activate Loopy's secrets on the 12 clock faces. There's no bridge near the flooor.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:35 pm

md wrote:

Thanks, that really helps. So if you want to activate a rainbow bridge of subcolour 1, you'd make the item's function ID 541. :)
Yes.
md wrote:But what about in MOFI (again, might be a spoiler):
With the question mark item to activate Loopy's secrets on the 12 clock faces. There's no bridge near the flooor.
I have no idea how that works. It's probably something exclusive to MOFI.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:38 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
md wrote:

Yes.
md wrote:But what about in MOFI (again, might be a spoiler):
I have no idea how that works. It's probably something exclusive to MOFI.
Maybe MS did it in the coding, not in the editor like we have. :?

EDIT: What does Id on Global mean? And what does it mean with a '*' after it?
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Id on Global is the action of the item.
It will Turn on an object with ID=FNID from Custom Item.Global means that it will turn on the object(ID) from current level.Local means that the object will be turned on only if it is near the place where the cmd is used.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:16 pm

jozsefkoma wrote:Id on Global is the action of the item.
It will Turn on an object with ID=FNID from Custom Item.Global means that it will turn on the object(ID) from current level.Local means that the object will be turned on only if it is near the place where the cmd is used.
\Does that have something to do with how it was used im MOFI? :?
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:29 am

I think that don't have nothing to do with the MOFI thing.Because it select a Random number of a face,it must be in programming not in editor.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:29 am

jozsefkoma wrote:I think that don't have nothing to do with the MOFI thing.Because it select a Random number of a face,it must be in programming not in editor.
I agree (like i said in an earlier post, it's probably in the programming, not the editor like we use)! :D