Paradise Quest - The Wonder Shards - Uploading...

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 am

Krishiv738 wrote:Because POTZ doesn't support shard teleportation,POTZ is made up of MoFI wg.exe.And MoFI wg.exe is not made of wa's Wg.exe
Um, no, that's not how it works. At all.

WA1 uses negative numbers internally for Hub areas - This includes the Shard coding. The actual files are still positively numbered.

Having an arrow in level 12 won't do anything, the game ends up looking for -12. This includes in MoFI and PoTZ.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 am

Qloof234 wrote:
Krishiv738 wrote:Because POTZ doesn't support shard teleportation,POTZ is made up of MoFI wg.exe.And MoFI wg.exe is not made of wa's Wg.exe
Um, no, that's not how it works. At all.

WA1 uses negative numbers internally for Hub areas - This includes the Shard coding. The actual files are still positively numbered.

Having an arrow in level 12 won't do anything, the game ends up looking for -12. This includes in MoFI and PoTZ.
So if we make a level 12 and rename it to -12 with the arrow on, it should work, right?
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:09 am

Thanks, it worked :D

But now I've got a new problem... Can someone please tell me how the arcade machine works?

And more... about the data0 and data1 of MOFI's magic shooter wop?
Happy to Help!

Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:03 pm

As for arcade machines,you need to deactivate the adv stars near the arcade,set the id of the adv stars(1 st star ID=4 2nd star ID=5 3rd Star ID=6)
Set the data of the arcade machine to the ID of the 1st star,when adventure completes arcade machine adds +1 to the target ID(ID of the adventure star)
When inserted token,second star activates and so on.

As for magic shooter

First data is for magic,second is for location X and third for location Y

This might be first hub to complete without having bugs,using shard teleportation and maps.
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:37 am

Thanks... yes it will become a hub as you have foreseen what it has to be

But no maps... instead I'm making sign bill boards in every place to tell a place along with its directiob just like demos 1,2 and 3
Happy to Help!

Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:40 am

I got new problems but the game is complete and tested.. for release

1) I'm not sure if MS would allow wg.exe to be a as a part of this game download

2) I don't want to release it without wg.exe as it will ruin the fun and feel of the game

3) I have overworked my laptop. The battery is sometimes not being detected in my laptop. So I have to use my laptop always plugged in
Happy to Help!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:42 am

1) Releasing the game's binary is illegal, plain and simple. I very much doubt Patrick would give you the go-ahead to do that.

2) Unless you've edited the .exe to give locations different names, why is including the .exe important in any way?
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:42 am

Qloof234 wrote:1) Releasing the game's binary is illegal, plain and simple. I very much doubt Patrick would give you the go-ahead to do that.

2) Unless you've edited the .exe to give locations different names, why is including the .exe important in any way?
Good idea. If I edit the location names, I can send wg.exe? That's great... but still the battery problem
Happy to Help!

StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:30 am

What. No. He literally just said releasing the wg.exe is illegal. He was saying that releasing the wg.exe doesn't seem necessary unless you hex-edited it to change the location names.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:38 am

StinkerSquad01 wrote:What. No. He literally just said releasing the wg.exe is illegal. He was saying that releasing the wg.exe doesn't seem necessary unless you hex-edited it to change the location names.
Exactly my thoughts.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:33 am

Anyways, I strained myself a lot for the past 4 weeks (Dec 8 to Jan 3). I've developed a lot of stress and tension due to over-work and I think I've started to suffer from lack of sleep for the last 2-3 days. My mind is really stressed out and filled with fatigue... I need to give myself a break too.

I'll rest for a while and then release after getting a permission from MS himself. Until then, cherrio...
Happy to Help!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:49 am

You haven't answered my question. Why is releasing the wg.exe alongside the game important?

Just include a readme that says "make a copy of PoTZ folder and extract there". Packaging PoTZ's data with it, even if you aren't including the adventures, is illegal. Plain and simple.

Chances are Patrick is going to say no.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:56 am

Blazeknight wrote:Anyways, I strained myself a lot for the past 4 weeks (Dec 8 to Jan 3). I've developed a lot of stress and tension due to over-work and I think I've started to suffer from lack of sleep for the last 2-3 days. My mind is really stressed out and filled with fatigue... I need to give myself a break too.

I'll rest for a while and then release after getting a permission from MS himself. Until then, cherrio...
You need to do some meditation to stay calm.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:19 am

Qloof234 wrote:You haven't answered my question. Why is releasing the wg.exe alongside the game important?

Just include a readme that says "make a copy of PoTZ folder and extract there". Packaging PoTZ's data with it, even if you aren't including the adventures, is illegal. Plain and simple.

Chances are Patrick is going to say no.
For my friends back home who are quite new to WA and got inspired by seeing my progress all this time and for all those people here without potz... they'd like to play PQ... also the only potz elements in this are ghosts, wraiths and flash magic. Nothing else... never minf
d let MS decide
Happy to Help!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:26 am

... Then can't you just tell them they need to own a copy of WA3 beforehand?

That, or wait until the WA3 Editor is released. No legal issues there.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:51 am

Qloof234 wrote:... Then can't you just tell them they need to own a copy of WA3 beforehand?

They prefr waiting anyways
Happy to Help!

Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:02 am

Blazeknight wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:... Then can't you just tell them they need to own a copy of WA3 beforehand?

NO I DON'T
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:27 am

You have to just upload what changes you have made in the game like graphics,adventures.etc.Create a readme saying,to add this stuff to your second copy of the POTZ
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:06 am

Krishiv738 wrote:You have to just upload what changes you have made in the game like graphics,adventures.etc.Create a readme saying,to add this stuff to your second copy of the POTZ
TOTALLY AGREE! :D
Or you could release it for those with POTZ first...
LOL just encourage your friends to buy the game :lol:
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:25 am

Sammy_P wrote:
Blazeknight wrote:

NO I DON'T
stop
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:16 am

I can release it on 13th with the changed wlv names but it'd require me ti rush again which is not good for my health. I've still not played the game completely without cheating. It'll take 2-3 weeks for it to 200% perfect
Happy to Help!

samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:35 pm

Blazeknight wrote:I can release it on 13th with the changed wlv names but it'd require me ti rush again which is not good for my health. I've still not played the game completely without cheating. It'll take 2-3 weeks for it to 200% perfect
Take your time...personal health comes first! Don't fret about it! :P
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:12 am

Yeah... I'd better enjoy doing it in my pace rather than tensely rushing forward for a deadline. Besides, even if I finish it, I'll have some extra decorative and puzzle enhancing stuff to do. Moreover, I haven't played it myself. That comes first before release. Right now I can say that I've finished the game on an empirical basis. The finsh and feel works are still waiting... I'll find a new good luck date to release it to public
Happy to Help!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:27 am

Just a bit of advice: It'd probably be best to avoid setting a public deadline unless you're absolutely certain you can make it. Having personal deadlines (i.e. "I want to get X done by this date,") is another issue.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:55 am

True. I'll release it after playing the hub as a WA fan... :D
Happy to Help!

Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Just to keep you people a bit tensed and worried about a possible postponing I made up a small story of "too much stress"

U know what that means?
It's coming tomorrow at 12:00 PM Indian Standard Time (6:30 am UTC)

So, here's a little history; how my PQ started as it were on Jan 13th 2011.
http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22052
Happy to Help!

samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Blazeknight wrote:Just to keep you people a bit tensed and worried about a possible postponing I made up a small story of "too much stress"

U know what that means?

HEY THAT WAS SO MEAN :evil:
On the bright side, yay! The biggest Wonderland Hub ever created is coming out live! :D
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:34 pm

samuelthx wrote:
Blazeknight wrote:Just to keep you people a bit tensed and worried about a possible postponing I made up a small story of "too much stress"

U know what that means?

On the bright side, yay! The biggest Wonderland Hub ever created is coming out live! :D
Sorry to have been so silly... actually laptop computers are not allowed for my college's first year students. I'm a first year hosteler. At that time, my winter vacation helped me do it as I was in home. Then I thought that when I returned to college, I couldn't use my laptop. But the feel of Wonderland was much stronger than hostel rules. So, I took my laptop to the hostel and I'm using it in vein and so tensed... if the hostel officials spot it, they'll seize it and return it only after the whole first year ends. Since I'm doing quite a tricky stuff, I had time to play the hub myself. So, I will release it tomorrow... So SORRY for worrying you guys...

More facts... its 161 stars total! There are 140 adventures, 20 extra stars in subquests like shops, orb hunters, secrets etc and a final adventure that's quite a secret and it will come after you open a 160 star toll gate
Happy to Help!

samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:35 am

Blazeknight wrote:
samuelthx wrote:

U know what that means?

Sorry to have been so silly... actually laptop computers are not allowed for my college's first year students. I'm a first year hosteler. At that time, my winter vacation helped me do it as I was in home. Then I thought that when I returned to college, I couldn't use my laptop. But the feel of Wonderland was much stronger than hostel rules. So, I took my laptop to the hostel and I'm using it in vein and so tensed... if the hostel officials spot it, they'll seize it and return it only after the whole first year ends. Since I'm doing quite a tricky stuff, I had time to play the hub myself. So, I will release it tomorrow... So SORRY for worrying you guys...

More facts... its 161 stars total! There are 140 adventures, 20 extra stars in subquests like shops, orb hunters, secrets etc and a final adventure that's quite a secret and it will come after you open a 160 star toll gate
Eh, sorry if I spoilt that suspense with my health is more important thing...
TBH I was expecting this after the Sammy_P trick that you pulled.
And 161 stars?! That makes this hub bigger than any other hub, including the official games! :O
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 am

So, everything's ok and setup now! Just 3 and and a half hours to go! By the way, I'm releasing two kinds of packages. The first package will contain everything except the wg.exe; it includes the launcher too. In this method, you'll need to add only wg.exe. The reason is that I've requested MS to let me put the wg.exe. I'm confident that he'll allow me bcos of the way I've written the request letter to him mentioning about all those feelings and joy. The second package will contain only the additional and necessary files of PQ required to replace the POTZ folder. The second method occupies less space and will require people to just copy and overwrite existing files, after deleting all of POTZ's adventures in that copy of WA3 copy.
The first file is called "wapq-full-bk.rar" and the second file is called "wapq-full-plus.rar"

That was the earlier plan but now its only the 2nd file that comes as a download bcos since MS told no, its tedious to upload some 70 MB without a wg.exe

Final updates for you:
Adventures (160)
Hub Rooms (80)
Dialogues (90)
Last edited by Blazeknight on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to Help!