Wonderland Adventures: Hidden Realms - Update Thread

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:34 am

The screenshots are really nice and make me impatient for the game :D

But the bridge is of the "ICE COLOR"... Ice bridges in a volcano? Is that okay with you?
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:43 am

Wood bridges wouldn't make sense, because they'd burn. Moss bridges don't really fit except in a swamp, and I prefer to use rainbow bridges exclusively for "magic" areas.

Metal bridges make more sense to me. I might change the texture to make them less blue at some point, though.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:20 am

Qloof234 wrote:Wood bridges wouldn't make sense, because they'd burn. Moss bridges don't really fit except in a swamp, and I prefer to use rainbow bridges exclusively for "magic" areas.

Metal bridges make more sense to me. I might change the texture to make them less blue at some point, though.
Nice... even at first I thought the bridges were made of wood... They looked like wood although they were supposed to be made of stone. By the way since it's a POTZ hub, you can have 3 different sets of color and gate logics as cvuunpt.wdf and make one of them have a grey metallic bridge
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:35 am

Yeah, I know about PoTZ's multi-gate file thing. I haven't bothered using it personally, because as-is right no there's not really a way to take advantage of it (that I can be bothered with, at least).
tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:43 pm

i rolled eyes because it was hub picture i thought he made advneture picture
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:49 pm

I uh
okay I think that's rude???
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:10 am

No updates in a week, I've been feeling kinda out of it recently. I'm still making progress, albeit slowly. Current focus is still the Volcano's adventures.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:19 pm

It's been a week again, and I'll admit I still don't have much progress to show. On that note, explanation time.

Thanks to... certain circumstances I've been pretty under-the-weather recently. My sleep schedule is way off, and I've had no drive to do any work on this. I've done some superfluous other stuff (messing with assembly, art, whatever), but I think it's safe to say my motivation as a whole has taken a hit here. It doesn't help that I've got school-related worries at the moment as well, which are starting to pile up (due to aforementioned circumstances).

I have no intentions of abandoning this project, even if it doesn't turn out exactly like I envisioned it (I've got the original "design document" on my computer here, there have already been some significant changes between the document and the real thing).

Point being: Is HR cancelled? No, not in any way, shape, or form. Is it on hiatus? Yes.

How long is it going to be on hiatus for? I have no idea. Once I've figured out what's going on with school/my mood/etc., I'll get back to this. For now, though... Yeah.

(I guess I'm making this post partly because I just feel better having aired that out)
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Qloof234 wrote:It's been a week again, and I'll admit I still don't have much progress to show. On that note, explanation time.

Thanks to... certain circumstances I've been pretty under-the-weather recently. My sleep schedule is way off, and I've had no drive to do any work on this. I've done some superfluous other stuff (messing with assembly, art, whatever), but I think it's safe to say my motivation as a whole has taken a hit here. It doesn't help that I've got school-related worries at the moment as well, which are starting to pile up (due to aforementioned circumstances).

I have no intentions of abandoning this project, even if it doesn't turn out exactly like I envisioned it (I've got the original "design document" on my computer here, there have already been some significant changes between the document and the real thing).

Point being: Is HR cancelled? No, not in any way, shape, or form. Is it on hiatus? Yes.

How long is it going to be on hiatus for? I have no idea. Once I've figured out what's going on with school/my mood/etc., I'll get back to this. For now, though... Yeah.

(I guess I'm making this post partly because I just feel better having aired that out)
It's ok. I feel for you. School can be really stressful! :x
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:38 pm

You're not alone, Qloof.

All December, I've been wanting to just make wonderland levels non-stop.

This past week, though, has pretty much terminated my enthusiasm. :cry:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:15 am

Two weeks, I've started to recover a bit. Currently picking things up again, trying to get back into gear.

Some screenshots of stuff that was already done:

Acid Pools adventure.

Volcano adventures.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Yay! Firey conveyors of doom! :D
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:10 pm

I am kinda new to this project but it looks AMAZING! You have my support!
Don't come in contact with contaminants.