Ok, it's about time I stop staying Hidden on here...

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Ok, it's about time I stop staying Hidden on here...

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:11 am

Hello everyone. :)

Yeah, I know I dumped the forums again a day after I said I was coming back.

Well, guess what...my computer crashed the next day! :roll:

After that, I had to go to camp, and then the summer was over and school was starting right after. So, I didn't really feel like getting back into anything.

But today, I felt a little guilty while surfing the web and finding a Wonderland video, just by chance.

I want to be honest with everyone, so I'm going to say that I can't guarantee I'll stay. Although my computer has been fixed, it still is 'bugging out' and it could crash again... :/

But the sad thing is, I've lost all of my levels. In fact, all of my computer's data is gone after the crash. Including all the other things I downloaded for my WAE along with plenty of things that weren't related. :(

I know I haven't made very many good levels through my first year on this site, and I guess this is how my own computer kind of forced me to start fresh.

I'm going to try something new. Instead of talking and posting info about my upcoming adventures, I will simply release them once they are done.

If anyone should want to know about the adventures I make, or offer to help test them, please PM me. At least for now.

Concerning my old story-lines, tennis matches, etc. Dead. Sorry I have to say that, but I need to restart my whole personality here. I've been a goof and a bit of a jerk sometimes on this forum for a while, and I think I should be more serious and much nicer.

One last thing - I will be making a gallery of private adventures that I won't release. I will just work on them when I have nothing else to work on. If anyone ever wants to know or play some, PM me and ask for:

Genre
Length
Adventure Type
IF there are any age group or other restrictions
IF you need any custom things to play it

Or in general, what kind of adventure you're looking for.

I will try to get a series started before the end of the year.

Signed,

Wonderman109
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Ok, it's about time I stop staying Hidden on here...

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:25 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Hello everyone. :)
HELLO.
Wonderman109 wrote:Yeah, I know I dumped the forums again a day after I said I was coming back.

Well, guess what...my computer crashed the next day! :roll:

After that, I had to go to camp, and then the summer was over and school was starting right after. So, I didn't really feel like getting back into anything.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Wonderman109 wrote:But today, I felt a little guilty while surfing the web and finding a Wonderland video, just by chance.

I want to be honest with everyone, so I'm going to say that I can't guarantee I'll stay. Although my computer has been fixed, it still is 'bugging out' and it could crash again... :/
I feel your pain. My computer is the most modern computer I've ever seen that still flashes to a blue screen of death.
Wonderman109 wrote:But the sad thing is, I've lost all of my levels. In fact, all of my computer's data is gone after the crash. Including all the other things I downloaded for my WAE along with plenty of things that weren't related. :(
I could send you my editor files, if you want. I have pretty much all the super-adjustable items, along with a few extra modelswaps.
Wonderman109 wrote:I know I haven't made very many good levels through my first year on this site, and I guess this is how my own computer kind of forced me to start fresh.
I feel your pain, again. I'm planning to restart my storyline after the release of POTZ.
Wonderman109 wrote:I'm going to try something new. Instead of talking and posting info about my upcoming adventures, I will simply release them once they are done.
I guess that's allowed... Just don't spend hours a day making 5-hour long adventures. I know I've gone through a period of releasing REALLY long adventures (such as Maze, Metalwork, The Last Mistake, and Amnesia) but I've come to realize they just take too long. When I restart my storyline, my adventures will likely shrink to about 1MB per adventure.
Wonderman109 wrote:If anyone should want to know about the adventures I make, or offer to help test them, please PM me. At least for now.
I'd happily help you test them.
Wonderman109 wrote:Concerning my old story-lines, tennis matches, etc. Dead. Sorry I have to say that, but I need to restart my whole personality here. I've been a goof and a bit of a jerk sometimes on this forum for a while, and I think I should be more serious and much nicer.
You think you're being a jerk? Just click on this topic!

Trust me: You are one of the most jerk-less people on the forums. If I had to vote for a new player moderator, you would my #1 choice.
Wonderman109 wrote:One last thing - I will be making a gallery of private adventures that I won't release. I will just work on them when I have nothing else to work on. If anyone ever wants to know or play some, PM me and ask for:

Genre
Length
Adventure Type

Signed,

Wonderman109
You know who you remind me of? ME. You sound exactly like me after the whole "Snowstorm Incident".

...And I don't really know what else to say. Just try and keep things realistic, OK?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Ok, it's about time I stop staying Hidden on here...

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:09 pm

yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:But the sad thing is, I've lost all of my levels. In fact, all of my computer's data is gone after the crash. Including all the other things I downloaded for my WAE along with plenty of things that weren't related. :(
I could send you my editor files, if you want. I have pretty much all the super-adjustable items, along with a few extra modelswaps.
That's okay, I've found most of the modelswap files now. Just need to get those darn custom object textures! :evil:
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:I know I haven't made very many good levels through my first year on this site, and I guess this is how my own computer kind of forced me to start fresh.
I feel your pain, again. I'm planning to restart my storyline after the release of POTZ.
Well, no offense to Patrick and everyone else at Midnight Synergy, but I'm not going to wait around for WA3.

(If you guessed, I'm kind of comparing MS to Valve right now...)
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:I'm going to try something new. Instead of talking and posting info about my upcoming adventures, I will simply release them once they are done.
I guess that's allowed... Just don't spend hours a day making 5-hour long adventures. I know I've gone through a period of releasing REALLY long adventures (such as Maze, Metalwork, The Last Mistake, and Amnesia) but I've come to realize they just take too long. When I restart my storyline, my adventures will likely shrink to about 1MB per adventure.
Well, that's your style. I still have to see how my first adventure is gonna work out.
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:If anyone should want to know about the adventures I make, or offer to help test them, please PM me. At least for now.
I'd happily help you test them.
Then I'll PM you if I think I need feedback.
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:Concerning my old story-lines, tennis matches, etc. Dead. Sorry I have to say that, but I need to restart my whole personality here. I've been a goof and a bit of a jerk sometimes on this forum for a while, and I think I should be more serious and much nicer.
You think you're being a jerk? Just click on this topic!

Trust me: You are one of the most jerk-less people on the forums. If I had to vote for a new player moderator, you would my #1 choice.
That whole bonanza was MY fault originally. (AND NO ONE HAS BETTER TRY TO ARGUE AGAINST ME AND START IT ALL OVER AGAIN!) I should have been more creative with my adventure because it did (sort of) rip off Gem Chompers II. Again, sort of. I just didn't try hard enough at being original with the scary part, and I know that. I am really lazy sometimes.

Generally, I have ripped off/insulted MNIK a lot in the past. I know I shouldn't have, but sometimes he's a little too "I'm good enough to be sarcastic and egotistic all the time" and I just react like that because his behavior makes me feel jealous. No offense to MNIK or yotyot5 or anyone else who was involved in that, but I feel I should say the truth about my actions and adventures.
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:One last thing - I will be making a gallery of private adventures that I won't release. I will just work on them when I have nothing else to work on. If anyone ever wants to know or play some, PM me and ask for:

Genre
Length
Adventure Type

Signed,

Wonderman109
You know who you remind me of? ME. You sound exactly like me after the whole "Snowstorm Incident".

...And I don't really know what else to say. Just try and keep things realistic, OK?
No, because you wanted to wait for PoTZ like a lot of other people here are doing right now. I, on the other hand, am TRYING to look at the bright side of doing this...

(And kind of failing! :lol: )
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:01 am

No, not another Wall of Text Generator! :P

Anyway, nice to have you back! :D

It's a real shame when your computer crashes and you lose all of your data.
Make sure you backup your important files onto an external hard drive next time. :wink:
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:13 am

md wrote:No, not another Wall of Text Generator! :P
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (and so on...)
md wrote:Anyway, nice to have you back! :D

It's a real shame when your computer crashes and you lose all of your data.
Make sure you backup your important files onto an external hard drive next time. :wink:
I forgots to do that. :P