[RELEASE] WA3 Editor Tools Conversion Files (UPDATE DEC. 02)

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:13 am

Yeah, I've worked out a few other sounds since uploading it. Haven't gotten around to uploading the newest version yet.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:32 am

It looks like game took some models as 1 model with some adjusters.
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:38 am

Yeah. I don't have exact values on them, but !Obstacle51 and !Obstacle59 both have multiple models for them.

I'm not certain on which is which, but Data0 and Data1 control the model and texture for those obstacles.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:11 am

Can you create a rainbow portal?
I have posted the logic of it on previous page last post,also if you don't get the blue frame working,it's okay.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:25 am

Like I've said before, there's no real point. We can just use a regular level-exit arrow while waiting for the WA3 Editor to arrive.

Yes, I know there's the whole springing thing with the rainbow portal, but still - the portal itself isn't a true "gameplay" element; it's just a fancy version of the levelexit arrow.

There's also the fact that it's not like the suction tubes, where it's one model placed several times to make a long segment - it's one single model, meaning figuring out placement and such would be a nightmare.

If someone else wants to go for it, then by all means, do so. I'm not going to do it myself, though - I've got more important stuff to be doing, both on the computer and in real life.

(not supposed to come across as hostile, btw, just being upfront about my thoughts)
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:36 am

Qloof234 wrote:Like I've said before, there's no real point. We can just use a regular level-exit arrow while waiting for the WA3 Editor to arrive.

Yes, I know there's the whole springing thing with the rainbow portal, but still - the portal itself isn't a true "gameplay" element; it's just a fancy version of the levelexit arrow.

There's also the fact that it's not like the suction tubes, where it's one model placed several times to make a long segment - it's one single model, meaning figuring out placement and such would be a nightmare.

If someone else wants to go for it, then by all means, do so. I'm not going to do it myself, though - I've got more important stuff to be doing, both on the computer and in real life.

(not supposed to come across as hostile, btw, just being upfront about my thoughts)
We can create it by making suction tube logic with !portal warp model and place a level exit on the end.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Krish[iv][738], stop with the makeshift wops.

(I suggest reading that with the "iv" added in, because that way it has a good rhythmic flow which causes it to rhyme.)
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:44 pm

I don't know...

I can't figure wopodoodles out anyhow, let alone making them,
so having big red bubbles that don't do any thing is very important for me. :D

Though, I do omit to having POTZ stuff too difficult to figure out just to wait until the POTZ editor actually does come out.
Unless, of course, you enjoy the challenge. :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Like I've said before, there's no real point. We can just use a regular level-exit arrow while waiting for the WA3 Editor to arrive.

Would you please re-consider your choice on making a rainbow portal wop or not? I really really really really.... really need it for my hub... I've made the story in such a way that you can jump from places to places through the portal. Just the model alone. It's like the model wop only, not its functions and data. So, can you please do it? Just the model alone should work in the player. It's that kind of wop... :)
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 pm

As I said, I've got more important things I need to be doing at the moment. I have homework to catch up on (like, a lot), I have HR to work on, it's close to the holidays so I have to help clean up around the house and such...

This whole .wop set was only intended as an intermediate step anyways. If the WA3 Editor comes out and old Editor levels/adventures don't work with it, then we'll see. At this point, I have too much else I need to get done.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:34 am

Krishiv wrote:also this

that's the rainbow portal without frame

model:!Portal Warp
Can you tell me how did you get it to work? Just the rainbow tube... or can you please send me that wlv file in which you made this? I can right click and get it my wlvs... So, please? :D
Happy to Help!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:06 am

You'll have to set up the converter data to model-swap, though. No-one other than cbloopy has been able to make the Editor load other models.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:06 am

Qloof234 wrote:You'll have to set up the converter data to model-swap, though. No-one other than cbloopy has been able to make the Editor load other models.
Yes,there I tried to find out the difference between original editor and hacked editor,cbloopy changed some hex and then added so much things.Its almost impossible for us.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:33 am

wait... are you actually saying that cbloopy made that picture?
Happy to Help!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:45 am

No, the point is that you're going to have to set up the Editor Tools conversion data .txt file for a rainbow gate model-swap yourself, because none of us know how to make the Editor support PoTZ models like what cbloopy did for MoFI.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 am

Qloof234 wrote:No, the point is that you're going to have to set up the Editor Tools conversion data .txt file for a rainbow gate model-swap yourself, because none of us know how to make the Editor support PoTZ models like what cbloopy did for MoFI.
Yeah tons of hex is added in the editor
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:09 am

He didn't hex-edit it to load the models, actually - He decompiled the .exe and added new code to load the MoFI models.

No, I don't know the details, just that that was the general process.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Qloof234 wrote:He didn't hex-edit it to load the models, actually - He decompiled the .exe and added new code to load the MoFI models.

No, I don't know the details, just that that was the general process.
Well then, how'd you get some potz wops to work?
Happy to Help!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:13 pm

... Because nothing I did modified the Editor .exe file in any way, shape, or form.

Just so we're on the same page here, I'm referring to the hacked Editor that loads MoFI scenery properly.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Yeah, the MoFI editor was hex edited to display the models workingly, but POTZ .wops use placeholder models in the normal editor, which get swapped out for the real ones during the conversion.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:04 am

StinkerSquad01 wrote:Yeah, the MoFI editor was hex edited to display the models workingly, but POTZ .wops use placeholder models in the normal editor, which get swapped out for the real ones during the conversion.
Can someone tell me how to do that? Does it work by making a new line in converter data file; its like rainbow portal model and for eg, say we use a teleporter for the wop? So if we put the parameters for these 2 in the txt file, the editor wop will look like a teleport and the potz wg will show the real one on conversion... Right?
Happy to Help!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:24 am

Yeah, you'll need to edit the .wop file as well so the converter picks up on it.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:23 am

I forgot to post one more discovery: for Scritters, Data0 is their colour. Availble ones are from 0 to 6. Typical, indigo Scritters have Data0 set to 5.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:01 am

Pawelec wrote:I forgot to post one more discovery: for Scritters, Data0 is their colour. Availble ones are from 0 to 6. Typical, indigo Scritters have Data0 set to 5.
I knew that but I haven't posted it yet,also you saved my post and Wysp too has Data0 for skin
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:08 am

Bumping this back up with just a discovery this time - Conveyors do indeed work over lava.

Use that information as you will.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:15 pm

Yay! :D
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Re:

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:01 pm

Krishiv738 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:24 am
dig 222 wrote:
Krishiv738 wrote:I found something on zap-bots!

ZAP-BOT settings

Data1=turn direction(default 0)
Data2=speed(default 1,0 never moves)
Data3=firing range(default 7,-1 never fires,0 fires after player touches the zap-bot)
Data4=follow path?(0 for no,1 for yes)

Data1 and data4 could be interchanged because I guessed them.
Speed - 999
Firing range - 999
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The adventure would be impossible!
Assuming the Zap-Bot can even see you while moving at those speeds.