[RELEASE] WA3 Editor Tools Conversion Files (UPDATE DEC. 02)

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:47 pm

epicdude15 wrote:Models aren't swapping, they are staying as the ones in the game, it is odd, I did replace the file.
Hmm... I'm not really sure what's going on. Just to be safe, here's a quick run-through of how I've been using the Converter Tools.

After making the adventure using the PoTZ Elements, I open the Editor Tools program and (generally) go to Convert Entire Adventure. For the source folder, I'll go to the Editor's "User Data/Adventures/Editing/Current" and find the source folder there (replace User Data with GameData if you're using the MoFI Editor like I am). For the destination, that'd be "GameData/Custom/Adventures" in the PoTZ Player directory.

If everything's set up properly, that should work fine. If that's what you're doing and it's not working, do you think you could post a screenshot/zip file of your Editor/Conversion setup?
LexieTheFox wrote:
epicdude15 wrote:Models aren't swapping, they are staying as the ones in the game, it is odd, I did replace the file.
To add on, this also happened to be when, surprisingly. Using a MOFI Wop, I tried replacing my zap bots with UFOs (Retro UFO to be precise) and they came out as flying brown scritters that span. Either it's a problem with the MOFI wop itself, or a problem with the conversion data for PoTZ (Perhaps that explains it, but I never looked at that file.)
So wait, I'm not sure I follow. Did you try swapping out the models in a .wop file, or using a MoFI wop alongside one of the PoTZ ones?

I'm not quite sure what would be going on in the latter's case (maybe an overlap in converter model settings, but I've done that before with no problems). If it's the former, you need to change the model data in the Converter Data file as well, or it won't pick up on the model-swap.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:55 pm

What's happening is I used a MOFI Wop for a PoTZ level. I have a picture of this too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Hmm... I'm not entirely sure, actually. The Scritter being reddish-brown is because of PoTZ introducing different-coloured Scritters - Red is the new default, instead of dark blue.

I... can't think of any reason it should be failing like that... Have you tried converting the level again? Oddly enough, I've found that to give me different results sometimes if the conversion doesn't work properly the first time around.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Hmm... I'm not entirely sure, actually. The Scritter being reddish-brown is because of PoTZ introducing different-coloured Scritters - Red is the new default, instead of dark blue.

I... can't think of any reason it should be failing like that... Have you tried converting the level again? Oddly enough, I've found that to give me different results sometimes if the conversion doesn't work properly the first time around.
Not yet.. Let me try again now. Hope it works :D
EDIT: Just now, I did indeed get a different result.
It's saying there are no mofi elements or such AT ALL in the level I tried to convert.
..Um.. Did I remove them or something? Or is this one big fiasco that I May be causing by mis understanding something? :(
Rawr.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:14 pm

LexieTheFox wrote:Just now, I did indeed get a different result.
It's saying there are no mofi elements or such AT ALL in the level I tried to convert.
..Um.. Did I remove them or something? Or is this one big fiasco that I May be causing by mis understanding something? :(
I... don't know why it'd be doing that, unless you're trying to convert the PoTZ version of the level instead of the Editor version...

If nothing else works, do you think you could upload the level for me to take a look at?
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
LexieTheFox wrote:Just now, I did indeed get a different result.
I... don't know why it'd be doing that, unless you're trying to convert the PoTZ version of the level instead of the Editor version...

If nothing else works, do you think you could upload the level for me to take a look at?
I can PM a zip file of the editor version to you, yes.
I'm mostly working with the editor version as to work with the new folder system.
Rawr.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Taking a cursory glance, I think I've found the problem. The Z-Bots/UFO's are tagged as "!Retrozbot", which is incorrect - The proper tag should be ":1:!Retrozbot", the :1: marks the "conversion" tag. This is also why the Conversion Tools aren't picking up on it.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Taking a cursory glance, I think I've found the problem. The Z-Bots/UFO's are tagged as "!Retrozbot", which is incorrect - The proper tag should be ":1:!Retrozbot", the :1: marks the "conversion" tag. This is also why the Conversion Tools aren't picking up on it.
Oh. So, is this something I can change my self? (Such as adding a line to the conversion data that picks it up?)
Rawr.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:46 pm

What you'd need to do is edit the .wop file directly. I'm not sure where this problem came from, but for what it's worth, I've attached the set of MoFI .wop conversion files I have on my computer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Qloof234 wrote:What you'd need to do is edit the .wop file directly. I'm not sure where this problem came from, but for what it's worth, I've attached the set of MoFI .wop conversion files I have on my computer.
Thank you, Qloof.
Rawr.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:55 am

The Z-bot motherships don't work!I tried on a scritter,moo-bot,zap-bot but they don't spawn!The spawnpoints are not at blocked tiles.The mothership itself goes to spawnpoint and nothing happens and goes to next spawnpoint,Am I missing something?
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:58 am

Just to double-check - Data2/3 are the X/Y positions of the original object you want to copy, while the following 6 are of the 3 positions you want to copy to?

Data0 isn't part of the X/Y setup. I suspect it's the Mothership's speed, but I'm not sure, because if it is, it increments very slowly.

EDIT: Okay, I can tell you this: Data0 is not speed, I was mistaken.

It appears to actually be how many times the Mothership will loop around duplicating objects - If it's set to 0, it never will.

EDIT 2: Okay, scratch that... I'm not sure what Data0 is actually doing. Setting it to 1 doesn't seem to limit how many times it circles around...
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:18 am

DP.

I think I've found out what Data0 does for Motherships - It's not speed, nor is it loop amounts, both of those seem fixed.

What it does seem to do, though - determine the "pause" between a Mothership beaming down an object and moving on.

Now, this next bit is just my guesswork - It seems to count in frames, or some other small measure. The smaller the value is, the faster the Mothership will move on.

For some reason, if it's 0, the Mothership never clones objects at all. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but regardless - When using Motherships, make sure the value for Data0 is 1 or higher. I don't know what negative values would do, feel free to experiment.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:19 am

I found a mothership glitch:try spawning your player(make sure that your player does not move or nothing will spawn).I tried it,it's super buggy,if player spawns so many times,the more buggier will be and you will end up memory access violation.
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:49 am

Same thing happens if you use the duplicate command.

Basically, don't do that. :lol:
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:00 am

Qloof234 wrote:Same thing happens if you use the duplicate command.

Basically, don't do that. :lol:
What is the list of new commands for PoTZ, if anyone knows?
I've seen some REALLY interesting things happen in PoTZ that I, for one. Quite frankly can't wait for and want to use in Operation Mecha.
These include:
When Z-Bot Prime first appears, one can take note that he "grows" out of the ground. Perhaps by activation type and the activation command? Not sure.
The command to alter the music. If you've noticed theres obviously a new command that can alter the pitch and more of the music! (Or perhaps even change it? o.o )
The command that makes the alarm effect. I'd especially like to know what this one is!
EDIT: I think I may be asking this in the wrong place, though. Should I make a new topic?
Rawr.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:05 am

Are you guys talking about a potz hub using mofi editor and conversion tools?
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 am

Blazeknight wrote:Are you guys talking about a potz hub using mofi editor and conversion tools?
I was asking about commands, but it's probably really possible.
The PoTZ hub does not seem to have any special adjustments. It's just like any other WA Hub, so yes it's quite possible to do. (As a matter afact I've had ideas to make Operation Mecha a hub myself, but.. We know how hard that goes..) All you need is some conversion tools, a bit of creativity. A lot of devotion, and you got yourself a hub. Of any of the three WA Games! WA, MOFI, or PoTZ!
Rawr.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:07 am

RE: Commands: Actually, this is as good a place as any.

There are definitely new commands, but I'm not sure on all of them. Copy-pasting some reference notes I made during testing as a matter of interest:

Command 41 and 42 are the duplicate commands. 41 has no visual effect, while 42 has the Mothership effect (as seen in Berzerk L2).

Data1: X position of original object
Data2: Y position of original object
Data3: X destination of copy
Data4: Y destination of copy

Command 13 controls the weather, which includes the Alarm effect seen in Berzerk L2 and some other Planet Z-Bot levels.

Data1 is the only field used, as follows:

0 - Clear
1 - Light Snow
2 - Heavier Snow
3 - Blizzard (R-L)
4 - Blizzard (L-R)
5 - Rain
6 - Void/Coloured Lighting
7 - Thunderstorm
8 - Alarm (Z-Bot Planet Levels, red flash + noise)
9 - Upwards Embers? (Floating yellow particles)
10 - Raining Embers (Same as above, but downwards)
11 - Upwards "Rings" (Floating "Glove-Charge ring" particles)
12 - Raining "Rings" (Same as above, but downwards)
13 - "Fog" (White smoke particles emitting from floor, like Forever Forest)
14 - Green Fog (Same as above, but green)
15 - Canada (Raining Maple Leaves)
16 - "Ember" Blizzard? (L-R, like Escape! effects)
17 - Flash Rift Effects 1
18 - N/A? I seem to recall this being another Flash Rift Effects variant, but...

Anything above 19 has no apparent effect.

As for the music command, I'm not actually sure what that one is - Going to look into that. Same for Z-Bot Prime - For that matter, I need to look into making a .wop for the Master-Class Z-Bots.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 am

Qloof234 wrote:RE: Commands: Actually, this is as good a place as any.

There are definitely new commands, but I'm not sure on all of them. Copy-pasting some reference notes I made during testing as a matter of interest:

Command 41 and 42 are the duplicate commands. 41 has no visual effect, while 42 has the Mothership effect (as seen in Berzerk L2).

Data1: X position of original object
Data2: Y position of original object
Data3: X destination of copy
Data4: Y destination of copy

Command 13 controls the weather, which includes the Alarm effect seen in Berzerk L2 and some other Planet Z-Bot levels.

Data1 is the only field used, as follows:

0 - Clear
1 - Light Snow
2 - Heavier Snow
3 - Blizzard (R-L)
4 - Blizzard (L-R)
5 - Rain
6 - Void/Coloured Lighting
7 - Thunderstorm
8 - Alarm (Z-Bot Planet Levels, red flash + noise)
9 - Upwards Embers? (Floating yellow particles)
10 - Raining Embers (Same as above, but downwards)
11 - Upwards "Rings" (Floating "Glove-Charge ring" particles)
12 - Raining "Rings" (Same as above, but downwards)
13 - "Fog" (White smoke particles emitting from floor, like Forever Forest)
14 - Green Fog (Same as above, but green)
15 - Canada (Raining Maple Leaves)
16 - "Ember" Blizzard? (L-R, like Escape! effects)
17 - Flash Rift Effects 1
18 - N/A? I seem to recall this being another Flash Rift Effects variant, but...

Anything above 19 has no apparent effect.

As for the music command, I'm not actually sure what that one is - Going to look into that. Same for Z-Bot Prime - For that matter, I need to look into making a .wop for the Master-Class Z-Bots.
Thanks, Qloof!
You're pretty awesome :)
Rawr.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 am

LexieTheFox wrote:
Blazeknight wrote:Are you guys talking about a potz hub using mofi editor and conversion tools?
I was asking about commands, but it's probably really possible.
The PoTZ hub does not seem to have any special adjustments. It's just like any other WA Hub, so yes it's quite possible to do. (As a matter afact I've had ideas to make Operation Mecha a hub myself, but.. We know how hard that goes..) All you need is some conversion tools, a bit of creativity. A lot of devotion, and you got yourself a hub. Of any of the three WA Games! WA, MOFI, or PoTZ!
So can a regular wlv be accepted in Potz just by replacing it in the adventures folder?
Happy to Help!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:13 am

Yup, it can.

Same rules as for MoFI apply, though; if you copy an adventure with invalid Hub information over, if you win or abort the adventure, the game will crash.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:15 am

Ya know what?
I've had enough talk of hubs, (With huge inspiration from your hidden realms hub, Qloof. From the talk of hubs here, and the witches hour hub from Epicdude.)
I'm going to make Operation Mecha a PoTZ Hub!
I already have 5 levels. I can just make them the beginning adventure.
Rawr.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:21 am

Amazing... I have a little some queries...
1) Qloof you just made wops of potz to come on the editor in the same way they appear in thegame. In the same way can you make Mofi well wops like flip bridges, retro, crab wops?
2) can we move the discussion to The Ultimate Wa Editor Hex Editing Topic"? They fit well in there...
Happy to Help!

LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:25 am

Blazeknight wrote:Amazing... I have a little some queries...
1) Qloof you just made wops of potz to come on the editor in the same way they appear in thegame. In the same way can you make Mofi well wops like flip bridges, retro, crab wops?
2) can we move the discussion to The Ultimate Wa Editor Hex Editing Topic"? They fit well in there...
I may not be Qloof, but I can awnser your first question.
There are already mofi wops of all you just asked :D
Go to the MOFI Wops download Qloof gave me a few posts up. They're all in there.
Rawr.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:29 am

Sorry I didn't notice that... now I got em
Happy to Help!

LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:48 am

Also, my PoTZ hub is all ready to go with it's production. But I'm having a similar bug as Epicdude is having, sort of. I have the master.dat file set on my "And So It Begins..." adventure (The player is warped into it the moment they press start new adventure) to when it wins, go to 200.wlv 5,5.
(Win means lose for me. Mine are switched as well.) But when it does, it MAVs as if the level is non existant. I'm going to see if perhaps the master.dat has something wrong with it that I cannot read. But as far as I know it's perfectly fine! Any help?
EDIT: And nope. It has everything where I left it. :?
Rawr.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:52 am

Does it load the hub level fine if you don't start the adventure immediately? :?
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:54 am

Qloof234 wrote:Does it load the hub level fine if you don't start the adventure immediately? :?
I'll see about that now. I was actually going to see if having some sort of beginning instead of a dead drop into the adventure would work better. As it does have the side effect of having the sewer music and a dark light as it does say "It is very dark" on the adventure title screen.
EDIT: I apparently didn't see that I had sewer as it's music. My bad.
I'll post back on EDIT2 with my results.
EDIT1.5: Do you happen to have the retro wops? As in, like. The MOFI scenery objects and such? I have a distinct LACK of them. Sorry if I seem a bit needy today. It's just I haven't actually been here for a while and not all my bearings are where they should be.
Rawr.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:00 am

Yup, here's the MoFI scenery.