Glitch - Accessing WA1 from WA Editor v0.80

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Glitch - Accessing WA1 from WA Editor v0.80

Post by nasko222 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:32 pm

Yesterday I was tinkering with the earliest WA Editor, and I accidently found that if you press Escape 3 times instead of clicking the menus, It will MAGICALLY TELEPORT YOU to the WA1 Main menu. From there you have access to creating a profile (But it resets to the loof dude with the cool hat after reloading), Loading a save (I will talk about it later) And Starting a new game

So what does starting a new game does. It looks for 9.wlv in Data/Adventures/Hub and Spawns you in x 13 and y 7 (The wa1 spawn point)

I tried copying the WA1 hub but the game crashed because the WA Format was changed in 0.80 the the WA2 format (how IRONICALLY XDD)

So I just tried making small custom hub and here's what happened:

As you can see from the golden stars are smaller, I am in the hub, and there are two adventure stars to the left or the right. But touching an adventure star will load the last level that you chose from the Level Player

Aborting the adventure closes the game, just like its normal for WA 080

Loading a save:

Actually the WA1 save menu exists in WA 080, but the game skips it and saves on save slot 0 (SESSION 0 VIBES POG)
While the save menu reads saves between 1 and 7 , as you know from playing WA1

Renaming a save folder, actually makes it appear in that menu, and the difference is that instead of date it shows the name of the adventure.

That's pretty much it. I think- I think i will use this for the WA1 in 4 hours contest. Just because WA 080 have the WA1 hardcoded features such as:

- Adventure with ID of 70 (The Blue Shard) has all monsters not make sound (because of the mechanism)
- Adventures 201-203 (Wakka Wakka) has the gems not add score and say WAKKA!
- Adventures 211-213 (Blast em) Has the spellball durability of 64 instead of 32 (The blocks the spellball can fly before despawning)
- Hub levels 94, 95, 96 not having functionality on the shards (The void in WA1)

And a lot more i am forgetting

That's it for this. I sometimes wonder why the game breaks in my hands :D
Last edited by nasko222 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Glitch - Accessing WA1 from WA Editor v0.80

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:57 pm

Wow, this is buggy as heck. No wonder the editor was updated quickly lol.