MOFI Collab

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

MOFI Collab

Post by nasko222 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:04 pm

I got an idea for an interesting collab, now after we have the MOFI Alpha and editors.

Everyone who wants with the latest MOFI Beta Editor build (If you're not in the archive, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, JOIN AND DOWNLOAD GOOD STUFF) make one level for each of the following stages:

- Jungle
- Waterfall Cliffs (You can use red caves) (Optional)
- Temple
- Volcano
- Acid Swamp
- Retro
- Sundog
- Sundog Temple (Optional)

(So total of 6-8 levels whether you choose the optionals or not)

You shall put an item behind the star according to the level stage (Jungle = stone key, Volcano = fire key, so on)

Update: If possible make the levels friendly themed, use stuff that are used the way MOFI for interesting effect. For example prior to sundog, no level had floing magic because it was taught later.

I will make the hub and all dialogue for JUST ONE HOUR, and then put all levels. Each designer will have 1 unused level for the final secret room (By my choice :D, or if you want to make extra level or archive an earlier version of the level you made (I would really like to put earlier version of a level in, its really aestetic oooouuu)

And yes while we can make it in OpenWA, i'd like it to be more primitive though i dont think a lot of people will be interested

Update 2: You can use the open source version of the MOFI editor I made - https://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 30#p370130
Last edited by nasko222 on Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: MOFI Collab

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:10 pm

I'm interested, but can you explain a bit more, please? What is the exact final product you want to make here?

If possible, I'd like to do waterfall cliffs but I'm open for anything listed.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:12 pm

I edited it. Now it clearly says ONE OF EACH STAGES , not PICK ONE
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:19 pm

Can we do beach / kaboom levels.
What about wonderfalls
probably something else im missing too
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:21 pm

The story prior to the jungle was made by Patrick as far as I heard. So i will make that in the 1 hour i mentioned
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:27 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:21 pm
The story prior to the jungle was made by Patrick as far as I heard. So i will make that in the 1 hour i mentioned
Alright, fair enough.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:06 am

on January 3rd I got 8 entries
on January 4th I got 4 entries
on January 6th I got 3 entries
on January 22nd I got 9 entries

That's all total of 4 people, some of them are working on more entries (I think it's really decent for a collab that I am making :D)

BTW: You can use MNIKEditor or OpenWA editor if you want, I will convert the levels to .wa2
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:55 pm

on January 31st I received 5 entries
on February 1st I received 1 entry
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:42 pm

How's this been going?
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:46 am

I had huge ideas for this one but, uh, sorry guys. I'm far too busy to complete it and I might as well forget about it as of right now.

I got quite a lot of levels, so I'm sharing them individually. I scrambled them (month ago). This package contains also early versions of levels and unused ones, basically everything that was ever sent to me.

You can play them in WA Editor v2.00 MOD (Recommended): viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28379
You can possibly play them in OpenWA but if anything's buggy, woops.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:54 am

Oh also I lost track which version is the first, which version is the last. Sorry about that, Feel free to sort it if you want :TE_Shrug:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:04 pm

Edit: Correction, I was using Better Editor which is why these mav'd :lol: These work fine in OpenWA too, but you won't be able to load Fired Up for some reason.

If you do load them up in OpenWA, you can use the user search. There are about 6 different MOFI users if you use OpenWA; it seems the first one contains the two default custom levels and one Mette level from MOFI that shouldn't belong there, the second, fourth and fifth ones all contain those from specific users (though the fifth might have two combined? Unsure... has a lot of tests. Also mine are all in the 4th one), the sixth has seemingly all versions (including way MORE tests), and the third has what I assume are updated versions of most (though not all) of the adventures. It's a mess, for sure. :lol:

Uh. So I'm definitely going to upload video solutions to mine, aaaand hopefully a bunch more of these maybe? We'll see; I've got a pretty full upload schedule as it is, so it might take some time :oops: I will say that this is probably not a pack you'd want to play if you're looking for the finest of the finest (or even the most balanced difficulty; looking at my own). But it still has a few interesting little adventures in it, and definitely smells a bit like MOFI.
Last edited by Jutomi on Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:11 pm

MAVs???? I played like 20 levels from these and it didn't MAV once, also its not a "Better Editor" thats just a WA MOFI Editor, Did you install it all properly? Also Fired Up works fine, in all of its versions.

Edit: so its not the editor thats faulty, it was just misunderstanding, well i still advice you all to use the WA MOFI Editor 2.00 MOD - viewtopic.php?f=42&p=370130 and not OpenWA for authenticity. Thanks!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Guide to the MOFI Pack

Post by Jutomi » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:15 am

Alright. So... to further help anyone who might be a little confused by... everything. I do not know who made what in the pack, beyond my own adventures, but I can help with some findings I've made. I'll update this as I find more things or as folks correct me on anything I might have missed or mistaken.

> Aside from many test adventures, a couple of default adventures (Five Coins and Ten Gems and A Test Adventure),one from MOFI itself (Round and Round), and a different adventure I believe Nasko had uploaded elsewhere but found its way in here (Bugs in the MOFI Editor 2008); there seem to be 31 "normal-ish" adventures total. Of these, 3 (Forest, Lotus Cave, Frost Deception) make 0 sense and also feel somewhat like "tests" that don't really fit in the hub layout. Ice Flower Cave is also a bad remake of an official MOFI version, so it might be better to consider there to be 27 distinct proper "final product" adventures.

> The adventures (which I assume are made by the same person; they're all in the second MOFI listing in OpenWA) of Jungle Terrors, The Diamond Temple, Fired Up, Scritter Scatter, Retroactive Puzzle Solving, and Sundo(n)g Unit almost all have several versions, many of which are flat-out busted. The latest versions should appear in the "final list" (the last listed MOFI if you load these in OpenWA), where often multiple versions of the same adventure are stacked upon each other. The top versions of those are the ones you want to play. Note: For many other adventures (presumably ones from Nasko and potentially someone else), these are actually NOT the final versions, and you may want to look in a prior MOFI list / higher up in the adventures list to find the proper versions.

> There are 4 jungle adventures; Shelling Out has two very distinct versions, with the two that show up in the final list being very different from the proper final version. Nature Network and Smelly Water remain mostly the same between versions, although I do believe I had to update mine at some point - either way it'll be difficult lol. Jungle Terrors is the most dumbfounding of all of them, having many versions scattered throughout the various folders, but much like the others I mentioned earlier, the topmost listing of the bunch grouped together is the final (and frankly most hectic) version. This version is also by far the longest, most difficult, and frankly most prone to accidental soft-locking and otherwise irritating shenaniganry by the monsters. Good luck on it.

> The 2 Cave Adventures: The Other Side is what I believe to be the final product of two previously separate adventures: Canyon of Broken Dreams (but with better lighting), and Red Cave. Red Cave was changed significantly (for the better imo), so even though the layout is completely the same, you may think of this as almost being an additional adventure (of sorts) which I did not count in the main "30". (There are actually two versions with very different codes.) The only other cave/mountain adventure is my own Flower Cavern (not to be confused with Ice Flower Cave). Both are possible - and are both very cheesible! (How: You do not need the spikeball to press the brown button. In the first version, you can just ride the transporter to the gems/star right away.)

> The 3 Temple Adventures: Spikeys in the Hall and Creeping in the Hall are the same adventure, but ultimately play somewhat differently; the latter has crabs, for instance. I believe Spikeys in the Hall is meant to be the final version, given the older versions of Creeping in the Hall are far more barren. I assume these are both possible to win. Traps! and The Diamond Temple are the other two and do not change much between versions, and both are possible. (I really found TDT very cute and enjoyable.) Traps! is possible but very fiendish; my bad.

> The 3 Volcanic Adventures: There is the one from that user with the many busted entries - Fired Up. So. I found the gems in this. They are in a truly awful place, obtained in a truly awful way, but you might be able to find them without looking in the editor like I did. The old versions are also a bit bizarre. And if I'll be honest, this adventure sucked. I don't say that often. And I get the point of it. But it sucked xD Endurance Test does not change at all between versions. The Lava Delta is the same adventure as Volcanic Activity, although the latter is an earlier version. It does not have the chomper; the gates at the end are surrounded in lava (still possible though); and the second room is completely different, being a diagonal spike ball maze of horror rather than a fireflower cannonball run.

> The 3 acid pools adventures: Poisoned Crabs was my bad... sorry xD (very toxic). Scritter Scatter... god this is huge it took me 23 minutes to make it through the final version, but hey it at least was winnable. (Although, just barely; I believe the idea was to spring to the bottom, use the crab to get the button, and use turtles to bridge to the left. However, you cannot spring down, so instead you have to quite precariously make a bridge down using the dragon turtles and scritters as blockers [using the spring to shoot two right-moving turtles left, put a scritter on the second turtle, and then walk 1-by-1 5 different turtles so they bounce off the scritter to make a bridge down; fortunately springing left on the orange spring works fine.) Swamped, similarly, has two versions. My mistake; both are indeed possible. Just have to be clever if you don't want to get stuck at the end. ;)

> The 4 Retro levels: Z-Bots and Lasers is mine (actually from another adventure I uploaded some time ago lol). Retrocity and Mayhem Bundle are the same adventure, more-or-less. Haven't tried to win the large Retroactive Puzzle Solving one, but it too has some kinda different versions and idk which is winnable yet; will update if I get to it (hopefully). And Time of the Rainbow is such a meme; scary to walk through. (incidentally you can walk through the rainbow teleporter because yeah teleporters convert tile logic.)

> The 3 Sundog mainland levels (besides Ice Flower Cave, I'm not counting that one): Frozen Fissure and Freezing Temperatures Plateau seem mostly fine, however I recall having to update Frozen Fissure; I believe you are safe to play this as long as the orange button is behind the red gate, although the other version is possible just a bit more cheeseable. Arctic Navigation has two kinda different versions but I strongly believe you want to play the one where you start in the middle.

> The 3 Sundog Stronghold levels: All of these are freakin' terrifyin'. The Iron Fortress is stinkin' near impossible but since I made it I can verify I've solved and recorded it xD Chilling Room... I'm very scared to touch, will comment on this when I have. Sundo(n)g Unit has had quite some revisions... becoming more elaborate each time. The last version IS very much possible - just tricky ;)

> Bridge Intervention, along with anything with "test" in the name... are test levels. xD (the exception maybe being A Test Adventure, but that's Patrick's lol). Mystery Tunnel is solveable, but weird... xD And Mushroom Garden is supposed to have a fixed version where the star-shroom is moved one tile to the right (maybe not appearing so, but the particles should move right and it should be collectable then...), but I've played through both versions and neither of them seem to have fixed the starshroom. Fitting that this one is the one of mine that's impossible. Alas.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Jutomi on Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.

nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:41 pm

thats HUGE megaguide jutomi :D
sorry for the mess haha haha
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:16 am

AHAH! Figured out how to do that sundog unit purple gate; you have to pop all of the green buttons to open all the doors.

Very tricky... but yes, I should have realized. My bad; this version is 100% legit solveable. :)

nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:34 am

i didnt expect you to be that dedicated to that collab, thank you ig :)

also i wanted to make wsw collab when (if) we get the wsw beta/editor
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:52 am

I also realized that Swamped is 100% fine in both versions. I was watching someone else play it and didn't realize they picked up a gold coin too soon, so that's achievable.

That means that, aside from my joke final level, every adventure... er, is most likely to be winnable. I'm still not sure about four of them... :lol:

Still, just goes to show I should probably put a bit more effort in before "declaring" them as unobtainable. :oops:

Edit: That said, I still have zero clue how one is supposed to 100% Fired Up... if anyone knows :?
(And I stand by my opinion that it is a really unpleasant adventure :lol:)

nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:06 am

watch someone else play?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:23 pm

Yeah, Joseppy streamed it to me lol. Was good fun.

I'd stream it but as you know I prefer to make permanent video records. :')

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:03 pm

On that note, I made video records :lol: ("permanent" in the sense that as long as youtube's able to host them and doesn't take me off their platform for some reason, of course.)

Here's the link to the full playlist: >>> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... fRb81WmtyU <<<

But for individual adventures, I played what I assume were the latest versions of the following adventures:

The Jungle:
- Jungle Terrors:
+ - Part 1
+ - Part 2
- Shelling Out:
+ - Final Version
+ - Early Version
- Nature Network
- Smelly Water

Caves/Cliffs:
- The Other Side
+ - Red Cave (Code 1)
+ - Red Cave (Code 2)
- Flower Cavern

The Temple:
- The Diamond Temple
- Traps!
- Spikeys in the Halls

The Volcano:
- Fired Up
- The Lava Delta
+ - Volcanic Activity
- Endurance Test

Acid Pools:
- Scritter Scatter
- Poisoned Crabs
- Swamped

Retro:
- Time of the Rainbow (with a bonus video xD)
- Retroactive Puzzle Solving
- Mayhem Bundle
- Z-Bots and Lasers

Sundog Island:
- Freezing Temperatures Plateau
- Frozen Fissure
- Arctic Navigation
- Ice Flower Cave

Sundog Fortress:
- Iron Fortress
- Sundog Unit:
+ - Part 1
+ - Part 2
+ - Part 3
- Chilling Storage:
+ - Part 1
+ - Part 2

Bonus (Intentional or Not):
- Lotus Cave
- Forest
- Frost Deception
- Mystery Tunnel
- Mushroom Garden

Note that I didn't play EVERY adventure. Mostly that was on account of there being many duplicates, some identical but many just being previous versions. I only recorded a few early cuts that were distinctly different. I also recorded a couple of oddball bonus adventures, but largely ignored the massive test adventures and most adventures that really didn't belong in the MOFI collab at all.

Overall, I'd still rate this as being below average, especially for today's standards (and yes, I'm including myself in there), but at the same time I'm genuinely impressed that all the core adventures were indeed final products. While there were certainly some misses (imo, mind you), there were some quite pretty and enjoyable adventures in the pack. It's a bit sad to see it wasn't uploaded in a hub format, buut I understand. Overall it was nice to dabble in and play old MOFI-style adventures, even if a couple were a little overwhelming at first or fidgety by the end :P