Adventure 15: The Results of Psycho Editing

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Adventure 15: The Results of Psycho Editing

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:42 pm

The Void Vault and Chaos Storms Trilogy

Abstraction

The Results of Psycho Editing

Welcome to Whaiobrrsh (unreleased)

MWAHAHA!!! I'VE MADE THE EVILEST LEVEL OF ALL TIME!!! YOU WILL NOW SUFFER! EVERYONE WILL SUFFER FROM THE EPIC PSYCHO-NESS! MWAHAHA!!! I AM SO EVIL AND PSYCHOTIC, I CAN'T THINK NORMALLY! MWAHAHA!!!

Ignore that stuff directly above this sentence... :roll:

So, After almost 10 levels, Part 2 of my first trilogy is released, which means I can start on Part 3 and that everyone who was waiting for this level desperately will now be filled with PSYCHO EDITING AWESOMENESS. :twisted:

No custom stuff used, so just download and enjoy! :)

EDIT: BTW, this is my first adventure using CMD 51/52. Did you notice?...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Woo! It's here! :D Anyways I'm stuck on the entire chomper / dragonturtle / scritter sections. Any tips ?
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:59 pm

llarson wrote:Woo! It's here! :D Anyways I'm stuck on the entire chomper / dragonturtle / scritter sections. Any tips ?
Is this the part with a tall stinker, lots of bridges, and coin plates?

If so, here's the recommended solution:
Spoiler for Area 4 wrote:
1. Save game. Destroy the tall barrels. Collect the coin jars.
2. Open the bottom tall tollgate.
3. Press a red button.
4. Go to the Pow charger. Kill each fast chomper, one by one.
5. Read the billboard.
6. Direct the turtles in the water and collect the gold plates.
7. Avoid touching the tall tollgates. Open the south tollgate and then the tollgates for the red timer, blue timer, and green timer. Save your game.
8. Pop the timers. Go to and through the mushroom gates and grey gates. Save your game.
9. Press the diamond button for the stone and moss gates, then open the closed ones with the keys. Press the button and guide the fast scritters to close each fire gate set. Don't let any run into the left room with the signs and metal gates or they'll explode.
10. Find the white button in the bridge maze and go to the button north of the slanting white gates. You can talk to the crazy stinker but he won't help you, besides amusing you.
11. Press the square buttons that make a Windows icon. Collect the anchor key.
12. Go to the tall, thin, metal gates. Open the top one and go to the next area.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:05 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
llarson wrote:Woo! It's here! :D Anyways I'm stuck on the entire chomper / dragonturtle / scritter sections. Any tips ?
Is this the part with a tall stinker, lots of bridges, and coin plates?

If so, here's the recommended solution:
Spoiler for Area 4 wrote:
1. Save game. Destroy the tall barrels. Collect the coin jars.
2. Open the bottom tall tollgate.
3. Press a red button.
4. Go to the Pow charger. Kill each fast chomper, one by one.
5. Read the billboard.
6. Direct the turtles in the water and collect the gold plates.
7. Avoid touching the tall tollgates. Open the south tollgate and then the tollgates for the red timer, blue timer, and green timer. Save your game.
8. Pop the timers. Go to and through the mushroom gates and grey gates. Save your game.
9. Press the diamond button for the stone and moss gates, then open the closed ones with the keys. Press the button and guide the fast scritters to close each fire gate set. Don't let any run into the left room with the signs and metal gates or they'll explode.
10. Find the white button in the bridge maze and go to the button north of the slanting white gates. You can talk to the crazy stinker but he won't help you, besides amusing you.
11. Press the square buttons that make a Windows icon. Collect the anchor key.
12. Go to the tall, thin, metal gates. Open the top one and go to the next area.
Yes. And thank you! :D
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:15 am

Requesting gradings on whether I made this crazy enough or not...
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:12 pm

This is possibly the most annoying level I've ever played. Those spikeyballs were not even fun or very hard, just boring and tedious :cry: . I'm sorry if I'm sounding mean, but I just gave up with this adventure (I know you warned me that this adventure sucked, but I thought it was all a joke).

Wonderman, I know you HAVE the brainpower to make epic adventures (that smotherpuzzle looked amazing!), so try to use it! Don't release adventures just for the sake of releasing adventures!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 pm

yot yot5 wrote: This is possibly the most annoying level I've ever played. Those spikeyballs were not even fun or very hard, just boring and tedious :cry: . I'm sorry if I'm sounding mean, but I just gave up with this adventure.
Assuming you mean the third wlv, I'm genuinely surprised. I thought that wlv was the best one by far. I put hours of work into experimenting with working and non-working spikeyball patterns.

It's understandable, and more importantly, true that the first few parts of it are repetitive and tricky, but there is a strategy to each of them that always works. You need fast fingering and minimum two save slots. Keep looking and you should find it.

If you really can't complete wlv 3, I'll make an alternate version that skips over the hard and boring parts.
yot yot5 wrote: (I know you warned me that this adventure sucked, but I thought it was all a joke).
Wait, you thought I was joking? No, this level is supposed to figuratively suck and look strange, but it's the logic and the moving strategies that hold the fun.

Also, I didn't put in much storyline into this part. That does make it a little boring sometimes, but storyline was not the point of this adventure; the point was to be able to think straight in a simply NOT-straight environment.
yot yot5 wrote: Wonderman, I know you HAVE the brainpower to make epic adventures (that smotherpuzzle looked amazing!), so try to use it! Don't release adventures just for the sake of releasing adventures!

I don't release adventures for the sake of releasing them. That would be wasting my time. I did put effort into this; it's just not evident most of the time.

The smotherpuzzle was supposed to be one of the best parts of the adventure, but it was so glitchy that I gave up on it. Llarson offered to take it and work at it for his own level. I don''t know if he'll figure out what went wrong...

I will work harder on my adventures, but you have to be patient. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of more advanced things in the editor like hex-editing wops, avoiding the Command 22 glitch, and making AskAbouts.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:Assuming you mean the third wlv, I'm genuinely surprised. I thought that wlv was the best one by far. I put hours of work into experimenting with working and non-working spikeyball patterns.
I did complete that spikeyball area, but I didn't ENJOY doing it. The patterns may be clever and hard, but they were so repeative. There's only so far you can go with spikeyball-dodging.
Wonderman109 wrote:Wait, you thought I was joking? No, this level is supposed to figuratively suck and look strange, but it's the logic and the moving strategies that hold the fun.
There wasn't much logic or moving strategy, as far as I could see (or maybe I just haven't reached far enough in the adventure). It was mostly action. I love action, don't get me wrong, but it's much better when it's within a larger puzzle. Annoying action sections which need to re-load a saved game slot 10s of times simply don't give much entertainment. This was why I removed the spikeyball part from The Iceberg, it was simply too annoying.
Wonderman109 wrote:I will work harder on my adventures, but you have to be patient. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of more advanced things in the editor like hex-editing wops, avoiding the Command 22 glitch, and making AskAbouts.
Take your time. Quality over quantity.

I know what you're going through. When I first made adventures, I didn't get any reviews or plays. People just thought I was a regular new-guy. When MNIK played my adventures for the first time and gave me a load of rave reviews, suddenly I was part of the Hexagon! I try to play your adventures, I really do, but there's just not much to enjoy in them.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Alright. I'll give an adventure a go. It's been a while since I used the WA editor
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Erm. How to you play the adventure? I put it in the download inbox but I don' see it in-game. Did I forget something?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:35 pm

yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:Assuming you mean the third wlv, I'm genuinely surprised. I thought that wlv was the best one by far. I put hours of work into experimenting with working and non-working spikeyball patterns.
I did complete that spikeyball area, but I didn't ENJOY doing it. The patterns may be clever and hard, but they were so repetitive. There's only so far you can go with spikeyball-dodging.
OK, I'll stop with that.
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:Wait, you thought I was joking? No, this level is supposed to figuratively suck and look strange, but it's the logic and the moving strategies that hold the fun.
There wasn't much logic or moving strategy, as far as I could see (or maybe I just haven't reached far enough in the adventure). It was mostly action. I love action, don't get me wrong, but it's much better when it's within a larger puzzle. Annoying action sections which need to re-load a saved game slot 10s of times simply don't give much entertainment. This was why I removed the spikeyball part from The Iceberg, it was simply too annoying.
Yes I know, but it can be hard to entirely steer away from annoying action. Take for instance TheThaumaturge's 'Evil Brr lake puzzles.' They always require annoying action, and they are addictive both for him and most players. I will try to avoid this from now on, but no 100% guarantees.
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:I will work harder on my adventures, but you have to be patient. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of more advanced things in the editor like hex-editing wops, avoiding the Command 22 glitch, and making AskAbouts.
Take your time. Quality over quantity.
Uh-huh... :mrgreen: *tries to understand this complicated moral*
yot yot5 wrote: I know what you're going through. When I first made adventures, I didn't get any reviews or plays. People just thought I was a regular new-guy.
Was that with your RTW puzzles?
yot yot5 wrote: When MNIK played my adventures for the first time and gave me a load of rave reviews, suddenly I was part of the Hexagon!
That doesn't surprise me. >:3
yot yot5 wrote: I try to play your adventures, I really do, but there's just not much to enjoy in them.
*sigh* OK, I'll spend more time focusing on the puzzles, you're right. I pay too much attention to everything else.
Technos72 wrote:Erm. How to you play the adventure? I put it in the download inbox but I don' see it in-game. Did I forget something?
Huh? :shock: It should work. Are you sure it's in your Inbox and not your Outbox?

FAST EDIT: Nobody (as in the user who posted below) is referring to Technos72's problem.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Not trying to insult you, but are you using Wonderland Adventures, Editor, or Player to play it? Use Player.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am

I did put it in Inbox and I am using Player.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:44 am

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:OK, I'll stop with that.
It depends. If you start using invisible monsters, strange areas, or light-ajusting thingys, spikeyballs can be great fun! But plain, hardcore spikeballs are just a bit boring.
Wonderman109 wrote:Yes I know, but it can be hard to entirely steer away from annoying action. Take for instance TheThaumaturge's 'Evil Brr lake puzzles.' They always require annoying action, and they are addictive both for him and most players. I will try to avoid this from now on, but no 100% guarantees.
Bridge chains, brr lakes, and many of my button/gate puzzles are getting old. They can be useful (I still use bridge chains to create one-way paths somtimes), but they're just not entertaining anymore.
Wonderman109 wrote:Uh-huh... :mrgreen: *tries to understand this complicated moral*
:lol:
Wonderman109 wrote:Was that with your RTW puzzles?
No. I found it much harder to join the WA community than the RTW community, mainly because every WA adventure takes so much work to download and play.
Wonderman109 wrote:*sigh* OK, I'll spend more time focusing on the puzzles, you're right. I pay too much attention to everything else.
The main tool is: MAKE THE ADVENTURE FUN!!!
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Emerald141 wrote:Did you take the .wa2 out of the zip folder.
Oh flip. Yes It's working fine now.

Before I mess around with this adventure, I'll get my hands on Abstraction first
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:30 pm

yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:OK, I'll stop with that.
It depends. If you start using invisible monsters, strange areas, or light-ajusting thingys, spikeyballs can be great fun! But plain, hardcore spikeballs are just a bit boring.
Thanks for the ideas! :twisted:
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:Yes I know, but it can be hard to entirely steer away from annoying action. Take for instance TheThaumaturge's 'Evil Brr lake puzzles.' They always require annoying action, and they are addictive both for him and most players. I will try to avoid this from now on, but no 100% guarantees.
Bridge chains, brr lakes, and many of my button/gate puzzles are getting old. They can be useful (I still use bridge chains to create one-way paths sometimes), but they're just not entertaining anymore.
I am thinking of some new lake puzzles involving mixing a spring/bridge puzzle with a clever Brr and Blink puzzle. Mixing things up is fun! :D
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:Uh-huh... :mrgreen: *tries to understand this complicated moral*
:lol:
:wink:
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:Was that with your RTW puzzles?
No. I found it much harder to join the WA community than the RTW community, mainly because every WA adventure takes so much work to download and play.
And to make, of course...
yot yot5 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:*sigh* OK, I'll spend more time focusing on the puzzles, you're right. I pay too much attention to everything else.
The main tool is: MAKE THE ADVENTURE FUN!!!
*adds tool to collection*
Technos72 wrote: Before I mess around with this adventure, I'll get my hands on Abstraction first
Abstraction is also a messy level, be careful.

Whaiobrrsh, so far, promises to be a little more decent and has some interesting challenges. :)