New Adventure - Bridges in the Forest

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
md
Rainbow Master

New Adventure - Bridges in the Forest

Post by md » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:24 am

Hi, this adventure is called "Bridges in the Forest". You have to use POP magic and go through some logical challenges involving bridges to make your way to the gold star.

Enjoy, and please post feedback.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0uhkvi589fwbv90

Screenshots:
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:36 am

Feedback, huh? Sure.

md, I really really enjoyed the adventures of you I've played so far. You create really cool puzzles that require some thought but aren't too cruel. However, there's one think I don't like about them: Too many of them are in some way based on hidden information, especially on missing a spy-eye.

This one is the worst, I think. I do believe it is a wonderful puzzle (I enjoyed it as far as I came), but without a spy-eye and without having a clue what the buttons really do, it is hard to come up with a plan. I might edit this for myself and add a spy-eye so I can come up with a solution, but for now, I just don't feel like I have a chance.

As I said, I think you're great at puzzle design, I just don't want you to make the same mistake I did when I was younger (that sounds funny; I don't even know if I'm older than you): Don't try to make adventures more difficult artificially by moves like that. Challenging adventures are great fun, but the challenge should consist in figuring out a puzzle, not in drawing a map on paper in order to work it out.

I hope that didn't sound harsh. You are a great designer and should keep up with your good work!
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Lucky-Luc wrote:Feedback, huh? Sure.

md, I really really enjoyed the adventures of you I've played so far. You create really cool puzzles that require some thought but aren't too cruel. However, there's one think I don't like about them: Too many of them are in some way based on hidden information, especially on missing a spy-eye.

This one is the worst, I think. I do believe it is a wonderful puzzle (I enjoyed it as far as I came), but without a spy-eye and without having a clue what the buttons really do, it is hard to come up with a plan. I might edit this for myself and add a spy-eye so I can come up with a solution, but for now, I just don't feel like I have a chance.

As I said, I think you're great at puzzle design, I just don't want you to make the same mistake I did when I was younger (that sounds funny; I don't even know if I'm older than you): Don't try to make adventures more difficult artificially by moves like that. Challenging adventures are great fun, but the challenge should consist in figuring out a puzzle, not in drawing a map on paper in order to work it out.

I hope that didn't sound harsh. You are a great designer and should keep up with your good work!
Thanks for the feedback, I do tend to make adventures challenging, and yes, a Spy Eye would probably help with this adventure.

I understand what you mean. Next time, I will consider including a Spy Eye if needed, but some of my other adventures do not really need it.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.