Spikeyballs and Gems

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Spikeyballs and Gems

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Just a small, 1 level adventure I made. As you can tell by the title, it involves Spikeyballs and Gems(and Brr magic) Also, can you collect the coin?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:46 am

A much better improvement over your last adventure. This one had a theme rather than random stuff.

Just a couple of things...
1. It can be a bit tricky to get past that second spikeyball. In the future, I recommend providing more space.

2. This is very important. Don't use glitches to your advantage, like how you had to use the Brr-Wall trick to get the gems if you wanted the coin. If you do that (especially with more complex levels), people won't know how to figure it out since it requires a bug to complete that was not meant to be implemented into the game.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:58 pm

md wrote:A much better improvement over your last adventure. This one had a theme rather than random stuff.

1. It can be a bit tricky to get past that second spikeyball. In the future, I recommend providing more space.
Sorry if it's a little bit difficult. I was going to make the Spikeyball slow, but then I made it a little faster.
2. This is very important. Don't use glitches to your advantage, like how you had to use the Brr-Wall trick to get the gems if you wanted the coin. If you do that (especially with more complex levels), people won't know how to figure it out since it requires a bug to complete that was not meant to be implemented into the game.
Actually, that is not the intended solution. You have to get past the Spikeyball behind the gate without freezing it. It's possible, but too hard for the average player.

My comments in Italics.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Super Nuclear Power wrote:
md wrote:A much better improvement over your last adventure. This one had a theme rather than random stuff.

Sorry if it's a little bit difficult. I was going to make the Spikeyball slow, but then I made it a little faster.
Actually, that is not the intended solution. You have to get past the Spikeyball behind the gate without freezing it. It's possible, but too hard for the average player.

My comments in Italics.
Oh, then let me rephrase my comment. Make sure there aren't any places where players can use bugs to easily skip the area.

Overall, a good adventure, with some nice challenges.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:54 pm

OK, thank you for your review! :)
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:46 am

Finished with 1 brr left over.
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:57 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Finished with 1 brr left over.
Did you use the "Shoot Through Walls" glitch? :?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:14 pm

No:

1 brr for coin.
5 brrs for lower spikey.
1 brr for upper spikey.
1 brr for last two gems.
You can slide diagonally on the second water tile for the last gems, then quickly move to the left. It's a glitch called fast sliding used in many levels, despite being a glitch.
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:No:

1 brr for coin.
5 brrs for lower spikey.
1 brr for upper spikey.
1 brr for last two gems.
You can slide diagonally on the second water tile for the last gems, then quickly move to the left. It's a glitch called fast sliding used in many levels, despite being a glitch.
Interesting.