Adventure #5: Return to the Real World!

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Adventure #5: Return to the Real World!

Post by Fluffshery » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:24 am

The Return Quintet
Return of the Void
Return of Fluffshery
Return to the Rainbow Pool
Return of WHAT! Leader
Return to the Real World

Okee dokee! In this adventure, there are only two puzzles. :( However, it is an adventure key to the storyline. I feel like the two puzzles, while not super challenging, are well designed. I also believe that this adventure is my best as far as dialogue and scenery design.

As far as custom stuff, I used a lot in this. I'm sorry, I don't know who made what, I just know what I have. Credits to whoever made each thing. You need my house texture and the most recent version of my icon set(which just now came out).

Please review and feel free to post questions or advice. :)

Final note: I used a hex-editor to modify the wlv name for each wlv. What this means and why you care is because if you go to load a save in this adventure, but you notice it's called "Wondertown" or something instead of "Return to the Real World," that is the this adventure. Just so you know. If anyone is confused, I can explain better later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Albert Einstein wrote:Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
My Level List
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:14 am

This was a good adventure! It was short and didn't have many puzzles, but the puzzles were enjoyable to solve and not too annoying. The scenery is gorgeous (probably only beaten by TheThaumaturge!), and the "travelling" parts of the adventure didn't feel too boring because of it.

The storyline is also very good. I've always loved the "Dream" storyline ideas, and yours is very clever. I would love to feel a slightly more spooky atmosphere, though. The idea of a prophetic dream prophesying your death could get seriously nerve-wracking.

Last of all, I'm going to give a tip: You should probably try not to use too many custom textures in your later adventures. On something as big as MZRH2, it's not a big problem, but if you're just a new adventure designer wanting to make a name of yourself... it can get tricky. Generally, people are less likely to play an adventure if it has FIVE different files to download.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:17 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll try to use fewer custom stuff in the future. What would you recommend doing to make it creepy? I've never made a creepy adventure.
Albert Einstein wrote:Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
My Level List
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Fluffshery wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll try to use fewer custom stuff in the future. What would you recommend doing to make it creepy? I've never made a creepy adventure.
I don't know. Maybe you could wake up from a dream and find yourself in a completely destroyed version of Wondertown. Maybe you could have a dream that seems really far-fetched, but then realize that it's the reality. Maybe you could use the "Double dream" idea (a dream within a dream). Use your imagination!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:01 am

yot yot5 wrote:
Fluffshery wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll try to use fewer custom stuff in the future. What would you recommend doing to make it creepy? I've never made a creepy adventure.
I don't know. Maybe you could wake up from a dream and find yourself in a completely destroyed version of Wondertown. Maybe you could have a dream that seems really far-fetched, but then realize that it's the reality. Maybe you could use the "Double dream" idea (a dream within a dream). Use your imagination!
I could give you (talking to Fluffshery) wlvs with some of my ideas for spooky scenes that never came out of the drawing board.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:04 am

Yes, please. I would love to see some examples, thanks.
My Level List
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:59 am

Good scenery, simple puzzles and all that...:D

You want to make a creepy adventure?
Here's some tips:
1. Use no music or music no. 6
2. Try a little darkness in the lighting
3. Chomper and spikeys add to the spookiness
4. Use auto-machines like a turtle (hidden) rotating a transporter and something like MOFI's Volcanic system
5. Take more time to think
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks for the tips! :D I just have one question; when you said "take more time to think," did you mean I, as the adventure designer, should take more time thinking about what I'm going to design, or that the player should have more thinking time in the adventure?
My Level List
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:39 am

Fluffshery wrote:Thanks for the tips! :D I just have one question; when you said "take more time to think," did you mean I, as the adventure designer, should take more time thinking about what I'm going to design, or that the player should have more thinking time in the adventure?
Both
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com