New Adventure - Aquatic Trouble

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
md
Rainbow Master

New Adventure - Aquatic Trouble

Post by md » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:44 am

Hi, thought I might make another adventure to pass the time a bit.
This one I just called "Aquatic Trouble". You need to use turtles and springs to help make your way across the water and to the Gold Star.

This one shouldn't be too difficult, but it will require some knowledge of the engine.
Next time I will work on something a little bit more difficult.

Enjoy and please post feedback! :D

Screenshot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:47 pm

This is another really neat puzzle! I needed a few tries to figure it out, but it really is a lot easier than your last one (I was almost surprised to find the route I imagined acutally worked out ;) ). It's cleverly constructed and very enjoyable, especially the scritter puzzle. Definitely recommendable! :D

One question though: What knowledge about the engine do you mean?
The only thing I can imagine is that turtles (and other critters) keep their direction while being sprung.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:12 pm

Lucky-Luc wrote:This is another really neat puzzle! I needed a few tries to figure it out, but it really is a lot easier than your last one (I was almost surprised to find the route I imagined acutally worked out ;) ). It's cleverly constructed and very enjoyable, especially the scritter puzzle. Definitely recommendable! :D

One question though: What knowledge about the engine do you mean?
The only thing I can imagine is that turtles (and other critters) keep their direction while being sprung.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed it. :D

And yes, that is what I meant by engine knowledge. You could also include...
The way that turtles behave when in water; they will swim all the way to the end, and will be pushed back up by bridges.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:32 am

EDIT: NVM
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:09 am

DP NVM I figured out what I was missing. :lol:
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:23 pm

BUMP

I decided to revisit this puzzle after a long while...and I managed to complete this!

Really good puzzle--a few months ago I wasn't even able to solve this! I realise it's one of your easier ones though. No misdirections too--Phew! :D If there had been any, this would have been a killer.

Also, thanks for the Spy-Eye! It would have been really great if you had included it in your other adventures, such as Blink Cavern and Scritters on Ice (especially!). :evil: :P

A quick question:
knowledge of engine wrote:Does it include the fact that Transporters do not move if you walk into one that already has something on it?
Hope to see more of you and your adventures (especially when WA3E comes out)! :)
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:48 am

samuelthx wrote:BUMP

I decided to revisit this puzzle after a long while...and I managed to complete this!

Really good puzzle--a few months ago I wasn't even able to solve this! I realise it's one of your easier ones though. No misdirections too--Phew! :D If there had been any, this would have been a killer.

Also, thanks for the Spy-Eye! It would have been really great if you had included it in your other adventures, such as Blink Cavern and Scritters on Ice (especially!). :evil: :P

A quick question:
knowledge of engine wrote:Does it include the fact that Transporters do not move if you walk into one that already has something on it?
Hope to see more of you and your adventures (especially when WA3E comes out)! :)
Whoo... it sure has been a while. Sort of lost interest in WA, especially due to my anxious wait for WA3. However, after my prolonged hiatus, I feel like getting back into it a bit.

Regarding the Spy-Eye, I'm not sure about Blink Cavern, but I can recall intentionally leaving it out on "Scritters on Ice". I vaguely remember planning the layout so that certain areas were out of view. I believe that I added one in this adventure since Lucky-Luc was requesting one (due to his frustration as well).

Anyway, to answer your question, concerning the engine knowledge required, I believe that I was more so referring to turtles. However, I guess you could include that.