A Random Mini-Level- Garden Problems

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

A Random Mini-Level- Garden Problems

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:15 am

I was too lazy to make an actual Christmas adventure, but I've taken this
old puzzle from another level and changed it around a bit. Have fun, and
sorry about the slow gates (there were too many to change. :o )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:25 am

This has been a fantastic adventure so far, but I can't figure out how to get through the final wood gate after spawning the fireflowers and pushing the orange button. I think it has something to do with stepping on and off collapsing bridges while toggling the gates, but I can't find a combo that works. Can you give me a tiny hint? :)
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Spoiler #1 wrote:

You need to step on some bridges more than once before you go through the left section of the level. Hope this helps! If you still don't get it, PM me.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:35 am

DP anyone need hints?
Darkholm

Post by Darkholm » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:04 am

A noob question, what is this white magic??
SearchForReality
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SearchForReality » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:13 am

The magic whose usage cannot be seen.
PMs and emails closed until further notice.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 am

Darkholm wrote:A noob question, what is this white magic??
It's unused magic, it has no use other than a buffer to get rid of your current magic.
SearchForReality wrote: The magic whose usage cannot be seen.
Why is there MS Paint on the keyboard in your avatar? That's not taking good care of your keyboard! Not to fear, I've found a handy guide just for you on how to keep your keyboard clean.

The Bottom Line Taking care of your keyboard is easy but you got to make sure you are doing the right thing.

A keyboard, the one part of the computer that is easy to use, but is it easy to clean? I have had many keyboards in my computer life and will have plenty more to come. I have made mistakes and I'm sure you will too. Since I know some about this topic I will try to help you with information about cleaning your keyboard.

Cleaning Tools

Dirt

For dirt you must always have a can of air by your side. There is no doubt that if you use your computer, your keyboard will get dirty. The keys will fill up with dirt on the sides and dust will slowly form on your keyboard. Not to worry, canned air will blow all that stuff away. I recommend blowing your keyboard every two weeks if you use your computer a lot.

Drinks

For drinks I recommend a few odd tools. If you happen to spill a drink on your keyboard such as pop or coffee, follow these steps.

1.) Stop typing right away.
2.) Wet your finger with spit or water within ten seconds.
3.) Wipe your finger in the spilled areas.
4.) Once cleaned get a wet cloth, towel, or toilet paper.
5.) Wipe the area and areas around it with that.
6.) Dry gently with a dry cloth.

Step 2 and 3 are very important to stop keys from sticking. Steps 4, 5, and 6 are needed to get all the liquid out. You may want to shut off your computer so you won't type anything while drying.

Hands, Drinks, Etc.

Hands

Make sure you wash your hands often while using your computer. I don't do this but I know it helps a lot. You may not want to wash your hands too much though because your computer keys don't like soap that much. If you don't wash your hands you will notice dirt forming at the tops of your keys, this dirt can be easily washed off carefully with small amounts warm water.

Drinks

As a lot of us, we all want to have some sort of beverage by the computer, I know I do. If you can't avoid having a drink I recommend you have a secure cup holder in a place away from your computer. You need to make sure you remember where it is too because we tend to get involved with the computer too much and sometimes hit things. Please watch out for apple drinks, sugar pop, and coffee. Here is why.

Apple Drinks - Ever spill an apple drink on yourself? If you have you will notice it's about the stickiest thing in the world. It will also stick to your computer's keyboard, even worse.
Sugar Pop - I have spilled regular Coke one of my previous computers before, along with Diet Pepsi. The difference is that pop without sugar is less sticky.
Coffee - Although coffee may not be the sticky one, it is the stainer. Please be careful when you have a cup of coffee.

You can have a drink while you are at your computer, just make sure you have it in a safe and secure place.

Other

We all have habits and stress and here are some encounters you might have with your keyboard.

Nose Picking - Ok, admit it, you have done it before at your computer. I must say that boogers on your keyboard is not a good thing. Make sure you get rid of the booger before you resume typing.
Nail Biting - I also have this habit which is one of my worst. If you are as bad as me your figures will be wet after a bite session. Don't worry though because spit cannot and will not hurt your keyboard. I still recommend drying your figures though.
Stress - If you play games and get into them like me you'll often get mad. You also get mad while doing reports or a bunch of question answering. Whenever you get like this you may want to hit your keyboard (I know I have). Please hold the feeling in! Hitting your keyboard can permanently damage it.

Other habits and stress related things should be thought over before typing.

Problems

Keys Sticking

If you have a key stuck or it is staying in it's down position longer than you want, you may have done one of the following things.

Spilled A Drink - Couldn't get to a spilled drink in time? Well, if the key goes down and comes back up slowly than that's what probably happened.
Relief Of Stress - Sometimes you want to hit the keyboard and probably you have. If the key seems broken then that's what probably happened. If you can wiggle the key out of its position, then it's probably broken.

If your recall doing on of those things then check this list and see if you can get it fixed.

Rapid Pushing - Push down the key many times and see if you can get the problem worked out. If it goes away a little each time keep on going. If nothing seems to happen, you better stop.
Replacing - If all else fails you might have to replace the certain key or the whole keyboard.

I hope this helps because I think it's about the most encountered problem when you have a bad keyboard.

Not Working

If your keyboard isn't working correctly please make sure that you have cleaned it. If you haven't cleaned it, please do so right away. You might have dirt in areas that you don't want. If cleaning doesn't work, just get another keyboard or make sure you have it set up correctly.

The Bottom Lines

Cleaning

Make a routine of cleaning and using your keyboard properly. If you do this, you shouldn't encounter many problems.

Dirt, Drinks, Etc.

Watch out! There is dirt and drinks everywhere. Be sure to maintain a clean computer area as well as having a sturdy cup holder.

Problems

In the course of your keyboard's life you are bound to encounter a problem. Just be sure you know what you are doing before you try anything funny or get another keyboard.

I hope you've learned to take good of your keyboard from now on.
Last edited by StinkerSquad01 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 am

White magic is useless magic. The only reason it exists is to remove any other magic from your gloves! It's best to avoid white magic chargers whenever you can. ;)

Fun fact: The fan-chosen name for white magic is "Null magic".
SearchForReality
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SearchForReality » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:49 am

StinkerSquad01 wrote:
It's unused magic, it has no use other than a buffer to get rid of your current magic.
What he said is also correct and more direct.
StinkerSquad01 wrote:
SearchForReality wrote: The magic whose usage cannot be seen.
Why is there MS Paint on the keyboard in your avatar? That's not taking good care of your keyboard! Not to fear, I've found a handy guide just for you on how to keep your keyboard clean.

The Bottom Line Taking care of your keyboard is easy but you got to make sure you are doing the right thing.

A keyboard, the one part of the computer that is easy to use, but is it easy to clean? I have had many keyboards in my computer life and will have plenty more to come. I have made mistakes and I'm sure you will too. Since I know some about this topic I will try to help you with information about cleaning your keyboard.

Cleaning Tools

Dirt

For dirt you must always have a can of air by your side. There is no doubt that if you use your computer, your keyboard will get dirty. The keys will fill up with dirt on the sides and dust will slowly form on your keyboard. Not to worry, canned air will blow all that stuff away. I recommend blowing your keyboard every two weeks if you use your computer a lot.

Drinks

For drinks I recommend a few odd tools. If you happen to spill a drink on your keyboard such as pop or coffee, follow these steps.

1.) Stop typing right away.
2.) Wet your finger with spit or water within ten seconds.
3.) Wipe your finger in the spilled areas.
4.) Once cleaned get a wet cloth, towel, or toilet paper.
5.) Wipe the area and areas around it with that.
6.) Dry gently with a dry cloth.

Step 2 and 3 are very important to stop keys from sticking. Steps 4, 5, and 6 are needed to get all the liquid out. You may want to shut off your computer so you won't type anything while drying.

Hands, Drinks, Etc.

Hands

Make sure you wash your hands often while using your computer. I don't do this but I know it helps a lot. You may not want to wash your hands too much though because your computer keys don't like soap that much. If you don't wash your hands you will notice dirt forming at the tops of your keys, this dirt can be easily washed off carefully with small amounts warm water.

Drinks

As a lot of us, we all want to have some sort of beverage by the computer, I know I do. If you can't avoid having a drink I recommend you have a secure cup holder in a place away from your computer. You need to make sure you remember where it is too because we tend to get involved with the computer too much and sometimes hit things. Please watch out for apple drinks, sugar pop, and coffee. Here is why.

Apple Drinks - Ever spill an apple drink on yourself? If you have you will notice it's about the stickiest thing in the world. It will also stick to your computer's keyboard, even worse.
Sugar Pop - I have spilled regular Coke one of my previous computers before, along with Diet Pepsi. The difference is that pop without sugar is less sticky.
Coffee - Although coffee may not be the sticky one, it is the stainer. Please be careful when you have a cup of coffee.

You can have a drink while you are at your computer, just make sure you have it in a safe and secure place.

Other

We all have habits and stress and here are some encounters you might have with your keyboard.

Nose Picking - Ok, admit it, you have done it before at your computer. I must say that boogers on your keyboard is not a good thing. Make sure you get rid of the booger before you resume typing.
Nail Biting - I also have this habit which is one of my worst. If you are as bad as me your figures will be wet after a bite session. Don't worry though because spit cannot and will not hurt your keyboard. I still recommend drying your figures though.
Stress - If you play games and get into them like me you'll often get mad. You also get mad while doing reports or a bunch of question answering. Whenever you get like this you may want to hit your keyboard (I know I have). Please hold the feeling in! Hitting your keyboard can permanently damage it.

Other habits and stress related things should be thought over before typing.

Problems

Keys Sticking

If you have a key stuck or it is staying in it's down position longer than you want, you may have done one of the following things.

Spilled A Drink - Couldn't get to a spilled drink in time? Well, if the key goes down and comes back up slowly than that's what probably happened.
Relief Of Stress - Sometimes you want to hit the keyboard and probably you have. If the key seems broken then that's what probably happened. If you can wiggle the key out of its position, then it's probably broken.

If your recall doing on of those things then check this list and see if you can get it fixed.

Rapid Pushing - Push down the key many times and see if you can get the problem worked out. If it goes away a little each time keep on going. If nothing seems to happen, you better stop.
Replacing - If all else fails you might have to replace the certain key or the whole keyboard.

I hope this helps because I think it's about the most encountered problem when you have a bad keyboard.

Not Working

If your keyboard isn't working correctly please make sure that you have cleaned it. If you haven't cleaned it, please do so right away. You might have dirt in areas that you don't want. If cleaning doesn't work, just get another keyboard or make sure you have it set up correctly.

The Bottom Lines

Cleaning

Make a routine of cleaning and using your keyboard properly. If you do this, you shouldn't encounter many problems.

Dirt, Drinks, Etc.

Watch out! There is dirt and drinks everywhere. Be sure to maintain a clean computer area as well as having a sturdy cup holder.

Problems

In the course of your keyboard's life you are bound to encounter a problem. Just be sure you know what you are doing before you try anything funny or get another keyboard.

I hope you've learned to take good of your keyboard from now on.
Thank you very much for that well-designed article. I find it very useful. Also, it must be yours. It sounds very true to you.

By the way...
StinkerSquad01 wrote: If your recall doing on of those things then check this list and see if you can get it fixed.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:01 am

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
it's not mine though anyway
SearchForReality
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SearchForReality » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:13 am

Well, tell the person who wrote it to put it in Word and use Autocorrect or something. If that guide is illegible, (exaggeration, but still,) it won't work and people will still have dirty keyboards. I for one could barely read it and as a result I almost spilled some pop on it while typing.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:10 am

I do wonder...

if white magic is null...
and, I do sincerely apologize for posting this in a topic like this, but...
if so, what is black magic called..?

Is it all so "Null", or is it "Void", or is it something else..?
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:34 am

I call it null, too. Originally, I think MS wanted to introduce it as the official null magic, owned by the Z-Bots. I'm not sure though, that's just my speculation.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:53 am

Betting on the Master Class Z-Bot icon you get when you gain the magic?
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:15 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Betting on the Master Class Z-Bot icon you get when you gain the magic?
Yep. :P

That said, I haven't completed this level yet. Time to see if I can this time round...
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:33 pm

samuelthx wrote:I call it null, too. Originally, I think MS wanted to introduce it as the official null magic, owned by the Z-Bots. I'm not sure though, that's just my speculation.
It's time... for SCIENCE!

In WA, there are only 9 magic colors that were specifically programmed in by MS. These are Floing (color 0: red), Pow (color 1: orange), Pop (color 2: yellow), Grow (color 3: green), Brr (color 4: blue), Flash (color 5: indigo), Blink (color 6: purple), "Null" (color 7: white), and Rainbow (color 8: rainbow).

Out of these 9 specifically programmed magics, Null and Rainbow are both unused in the official games. Rainbow magic, like Null magic, does nothing. However, the Rainbow magic charger cycles through all of the magic colors, which is a function that had to be specifically programmed in by MS. Thus, MS most likely planned to use color 8 magic at some point, but ended up scrapping the Rainbow magic concept.

I'm sure you're wondering, "what about this black magic?" Well, the reason black magic chargers are, well, black, is best explained by the fact that all magic chargers, regardless of color, use the same texture in-game. This texture is identical to the appearance of the Null magic charger. Each charger uses a blending effect on this texture in order to appear a different color. For instance, Floing chargers apply a red blend effect on the magic charger texture in order to appear red in-game. Likewise, Pow chargers use an orange blend effect, Pop chargers use a yellow blend effect, and so on. By standard, Null magic chargers use a white blend effect so their appearance doesn't change. Rainbow magic chargers cycle through a wide range of different blend effects.

These blend effects were all defined by MS in the game code. For each color of charger from 0 to 8, he had to define a color that the charger would use to blend. However, since there's an excessively large number of different magic chargers, he couldn't possibly define a unique blend color for every one of them. Thus, we can see that, by default, magic chargers use a blend of black. (There's a pretty complex technical explanation behind this, but in a nutshell, colors in video games are usually defined with numbers, with 0 being black. 0 is the default value for most video game variables, and it's likely that for the magic chargers, this is the case with the variable that defines their color blending.)

The standard black magic we see in adventures today has a color ID of -1. Due to not being in the range of colors 0-8 where the specific color of the charger was defined by MS, black magic chargers appear black, hence their name. In fact, ALL magic chargers outside the color range of 0-8 are black, due to the default color blending being black.

So what's up with the Master Class Z-Bot replacing the glove icon? For each magic color, there's a unique icon that is used to represent it on the player's screen. You can see here in one of the graphics files that there's a unique icon intentionally defined for all the magics from Floing to Blink.

The game knows which icon to choose based on the integer ID of the color of magic that is currently charged to the player's gloves. 0 retrieves the red magic gloves icon (Floing), 1 retrieves the orange magic gloves icon (Pow), 2 retrieves the yellow magic gloves icon (Pop), and so on. See a pattern here? Every time the color ID of the magic increases by 1, the game looks 1 icon to the right when finding the correct icon to retrieve.

So what happens when the magic gloves are charged with standard black magic, which has a color ID of -1? The game tries to find the icon to the left of the red magic gloves icon, and by standard, it wraps around the image while moving up one row. Thus, the game lands on the Master Class Z-Bot icon and retrieves that to display for the magic gloves icon.

Going by this pattern, you can see that magic with color ID -2 (which is also black magic) would yield a Baby Boomer icon. Black magic with color ID -3 would yield a red crab icon.

The fact that black magic exists and appears the way it does was not intentional by MS. It's just one of the many quirks of the WA engine. I'm fairly certain that the fact that black magic with color ID -1 is accessible by default in WA3E is due to a coding error on MS' part.

Oh, and one more thing. You can't fire black magic with a negative color ID due to the way the magic gloves are programmed. When magic gloves "aren't charged," they're ACTUALLY charged with magic -1 with 0 charges, and magic of color ID -1 happens to be the standard black magic. In order to prevent the player from firing magic without their gloves being charged, MS made it so that magic couldn't be fired with a negative color ID.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:22 am

INFORMATION OVERLOAD--BZZT ERROR

...Wow! Thanks for the info! How do you know so much about the game code? :shock:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:Oh, and one more thing. You can't fire black magic with a negative color ID due to the way the magic gloves are programmed. When magic gloves "aren't charged," they're ACTUALLY charged with magic -1 with 0 charges, and magic of color ID -1 happens to be the standard black magic. In order to prevent the player from firing magic without their gloves being charged, MS made it so that magic couldn't be fired with a negative color ID.
But when I blink onto a black charger, I can fire charges.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:06 am

It's because when you blink, you still have your magic active, when you get the black magic, you will have it active by default.
Last edited by Yzfm on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:33 pm

I'm glad I can use arrow keys to get off. :?
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:27 pm

I always use arrow keys :P
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:01 pm

samuelthx wrote:...Wow! Thanks for the info! How do you know so much about the game code? :shock:
Mainly from being a game programmer myself, and also having been an adventure designer for WA for years. ;)