Yume nikki

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Do you play yume nikki?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:35 am

yes very often
No votes
yes but sometimes
14%
not very often
No votes
almost never
No votes
NEVER YOU WEIRDO STOP MAKING OPTIONS!!!!!
86%

Total votes: 7
llarson
Rainbow Star

Yume nikki

Post by llarson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:35 am

Here's a topic for yume nikki I suggest nobody older than 13 shouldn't play it.HERE's THEOXs OLD POST:
theI mentioned this game in the Higurashi topic, and similarly it's something that only people who are looking for something creepy should play. Though it's not very violent.

That being said, Yume Nikki is an exploration RPG of sorts (made in RPGmaker), and a very unsettling one at that. It has no story, but rather leaves the player to interpret what's going on. You control Madotsuki, and explore her dream world, which is VAST and quite disturbing. Yume Nikki is all about imagery, and lots of it has completely creeped me out.

The gameplay: You start in the real world, with the only option being to sleep. Once you enter the bed, is where the real game starts. There is a central hub with many doors leading to different places in Madotsuki's dream world. Your goal is to gather 24 "effects", which are like powerups except they only do weird/disturbing things that generally don't affect the game. The main focus is just to explore.

If you happen to have played this, don't spoil anything. This game is best played with no prior knowledge of it, and i.m.o you should play it at night. I played it right before bed all the time, and actually had interesting dreams because of it.

The controls:
Arrow keys: Movement
Z: Accept; interact with objects (also Enter, Spacebar)
X: Cancel; open the game menu (also C, V, B, N, Insert)
1: Use an effect's ability
3: Cancel an effect's ability
5: Drop an effect on the ground (only in the Nexus)
9: Pinch yourself to wake up and return to the real world

Possible discussion topics:
- Interpretation of things in the game
- Getting lost
- Creepy stuff... there's lots of it.

You can find download links here. http://www.theneitherworld.com/yumenikki/links.htm
I got as far as the room where you get the flute effect and the docks b side.TheoX says that there's TERRIFYING things if you know where to look.I personally think the sewers is terrifying enough.Its music starts out as nothing then slowly ever sooo sllloooowwwwlllllyyy thaaaaat iiiit giiiivvveees yyyyooooouuuuu hhhhhheeeeeaaaaaaaddddaaacccchhhheeessss ttthhheeennn iiiitttt juuuuussssstt STOPS and it goes on like that.It's very freaky.BTW does anybody know where FACE appears 'cause I want to avoid him.Please respond.oh and here's the wiki http://yumenikki.wikia.com/wiki/Yume_Nikki_Wiki
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:10 am

Meh, I tried playing this but the starting imagery did nothing to me and I got lost way too quickly to actually get to the worthy stuff. That said, it's still a must-try. And the Uboa event is worth watching on YouTube by itself. (and don't say I should've found it in-game -- it would never occur to me to do what you need to do to get that thing)
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Yume nikki

Post by jdl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:13 am

llarson wrote:BTW does anybody know where FACE appears 'cause I want to avoid him.Please respond.
I haven't played this yet, but from reading the Wiki you linked to:

FACE is an event that occurs when Madotsuki opens the door at the top of the Stairway, in the Number World.

Apparently this image shows what the "Number World" looks like:

Hope this helped! :D
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks I wouldn't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER open that door even if my life depended on it :lol: .I might but I'm gonna have to let you call an ambulence so I don't die.BTW have you seen FACE?I originally thought he was in hell 'cause he is red and is scarier than the devil.Like he is the devil.
My Level List
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:14 pm

llarson wrote:Thanks I wouldn't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER open that door even if my life depended on it :lol: .I might but I'm gonna have to let you call an ambulence so I don't die.BTW have you seen FACE?I originally thought he was in hell 'cause he is red and is scarier than the devil.Like he is the devil.
I don't really like scary/horror games that well, so I've never played it. However I seen "FACE" on the Wiki when I was answering your question. "FACE" doesn't seem that scary unless it popped up unexpectedly with a loud horror-scream. :)
ImageImage
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:18 pm

His music is like the sewers only it sounds like a "OH CRUD SOMETHING EVIL AND SCARY IS GOING TO HAPPEN"instead of something that'll give you a headache.And you can't wake up when you find him.His animation is flashing and he ,sure enough, resembles a face.And it does scare the player 'cause they're never ever ever ever expecting him.And he pops up when the player opens that door and wastes 10 seconds of your life.
My Level List
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Flashing? Maybe you mean the UBOA event instead? I've seen it on YouTube, it's pretty interesting. It's a hidden secret, actually. You have to keep turning the light on and off in a certain room and then there's a random chance that it *may* appear and so on and so forth.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
llarson
Rainbow Star

FACE IS EVIL V_V

Post by llarson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 pm

No.FACE is actually scary,no terryifying.Uboa isn't scary just interesting :P .This is what I was talking about (Deleted Url Derp)
BTW how do you get pictures out of the attachment?
Last edited by llarson on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Level List
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: FACE IS EVIL V_V

Post by jdl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:55 pm

llarson wrote:BTW how do you get pictures out of the attachment?
The image has to be uploaded to a website and you have to find the link to it. For example I'll use one of the smileys on here. The link to the stinky smiley is here:
http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/images/sm ... iggrin.gif

You take that link and paste it in the posting form, highlight the link, and press the "Img" button. Afterwards, it should look like this in the posting form:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/images/smiles/stinky_biggrin.gif[/img]
It should then turn into this on the actual post: Image
ImageImage
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:03 pm

(Deleted Edit Derp)
Last edited by llarson on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Level List
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:49 pm

The interpretations at the bottom weren't even interesting, it's better when it's freaky and mysterious instead of just being screwed up.

As for the animation itself: WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!?!

It almost made me want to actually try Yume Nikki again.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Muzozavr wrote:The interpretations at the bottom weren't even interesting, it's better when it's freaky and mysterious instead of just being screwed up.

As for the animation itself: WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!?!

It almost made me want to actually try Yume Nikki again.
(Deleted Stuff Derp)
BTW(ugh not this again)I've got a method of not getting lost.Just remember what direction the door is (like per instance in neon world left left down down or west west south south or somewhere southwest)and you'll be fine.If not just wake yourself up or use the madamemaude effect (1).
I haven't tried yume nikki in a while but I still have it and might try it sometimes.Also why don't you try it again?
I'm personally bad at it.I know somethings like how to activate Uboa (you have to be in Ponikos room and she'll turn into Uboa.)
Also(that's better)does anybody know how to get to the pink sea from the nexus 'cause I want to do the Uboa event.
Also the wiki has maps of the worlds
BTW does your game save?Mine takes too long.How long does it take?I go to the desk.
Last edited by llarson on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Level List
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 pm

I've seen Uboa, kyukyukun, that tall blue thing with one eye, madotsuki's ghost, and I was flying with the witch effect off the top of the department store.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:14 am

WHOH!!! :shock: .How do you get to uboa? :? Please tell me how to get to and across the pink sea from the nexus.
offtopic:BTW nice to finally meet you.I like your games.Espesially super kiyoshi bros.3
EDIT:That marsian is known as Mars-san or something like that I think :? .
EXTRA EDIT:has anybody seen the monoko event?I've seen it on youtube and loled :lol: somebody said it would make the best screensaver.
also can somebody tell me how to get to the white desert an get the stoplight effect.
EXTRA EXTRA EDIT:never mind I found The white desert b side.
EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA EDIT:I FINALLY managed to save my game.I found out how by accident (I knew it was at the desk.)
My Level List
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:44 pm

How to find Uboa
Go to the door that goes to the snow world. Follow the trees to the small snow girl and an igloo. Go into the igloo to find a pink hole. Enter the pink hole to get to the pink sea. Then find a red balloon that takes you to a blue one. Then find a green balloon thats somewhere to the right of the enterance to Poniko's house. If you find it, you will teleport to a yellow balloon where you can access Poniko's house. In there, keep flipping the switch until the room is different than turning off the light and when Poniko changes into Uboa.

Mars-San and Masada
Requires midget and umbrella or yuki onna. Find a bed within the dream worlds that takes you to the staircase with hands. keep going straight at the bottom until you come up to fire. Use umbrella or yuki onna to douse the fire and pass. Get to the other doorway in the next room and you can get the poop hair effect from the monster while you're at it. After you'll come up to a white room with one eye. It's a one-way room meaning you can't get back to this room when you enter the next room. The next room you'll see a piano and masada. Go to the next room to see a bed. Sleep in it for a while until an alarm is sounded. Later, the ship will crash on mars where you can exit. Outside, walk up a hill to see a hole. Use midget to walk into the hole. Go down stairs to see mars-san.

Monoko and Monoe
Use the elevator at the graffiti world or the stairs with arms to get to the department store. Go to the lowest floor of the place to see a manhole to go to a forest. Interact with the jellyfish thing to go to the floating blocks world and pass its maze of teleporters. Then you'll come to the wilderness, then the FC world, then finally the white desert. After entering through the enterance, enter a small building with only two doorways to see monoko. Use the stoplight effect on her to make her grow five arms. Walk to her to see her up close. After, go outside and kill the closest dave spectator from the building with the knife. Then go through the same building from the right side. You see this black plane and if look around you'll eventually find monoe. If you interact with her, she disappears. Note: If you enter the building from the left side after killing dave spectator, you'll appear in this pathway with some weird scenery in the background.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Technos72 wrote:How to find Uboa
Go to the door that goes to the snow world. Follow the trees to the small snow girl and an igloo. Go into the igloo to find a pink hole. Enter the pink hole to get to the pink sea. Then find a red balloon that takes you to a blue one. Then find a green balloon thats somewhere to the right of the enterance to Poniko's house. If you find it, you will teleport to a yellow balloon where you can access Poniko's house. In there, keep flipping the switch until the room is different than turning off the light and when Poniko changes into Uboa.

Mars-San and Masada
Requires midget and umbrella or yuki onna. Find a bed within the dream worlds that takes you to the staircase with hands. keep going straight at the bottom until you come up to fire. Use umbrella or yuki onna to douse the fire and pass. Get to the other doorway in the next room and you can get the poop hair effect from the monster while you're at it. After you'll come up to a white room with one eye. It's a one-way room meaning you can't get back to this room when you enter the next room. The next room you'll see a piano and masada. Go to the next room to see a bed. Sleep in it for a while until an alarm is sounded. Later, the ship will crash on mars where you can exit. Outside, walk up a hill to see a hole. Use midget to walk into the hole. Go down stairs to see mars-san.

Monoko and Monoe
Use the elevator at the graffiti world or the stairs with arms to get to the department store. Go to the lowest floor of the place to see a manhole to go to a forest. Interact with the jellyfish thing to go to the floating blocks world and pass its maze of teleporters. Then you'll come to the wilderness, then the FC world, then finally the white desert. After entering through the enterance, enter a small building with only two doorways to see monoko. Use the stoplight effect on her to make her grow five arms. Walk to her to see her up close. After, go outside and kill the closest dave spectator from the building with the knife. Then go through the same building from the right side. You see this black plane and if look around you'll eventually find monoe. If you interact with her, she disappears. Note: If you enter the building from the left side after killing dave spectator, you'll appear in this pathway with some weird scenery in the background.
THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!!!I'm going to do the Uboa one now.
BTW I'm pretty sure you might know this but a faster way to the white desert is:Go talk to the invisible hat&scarf dude(I forget his name)and interact with him.He'll either (A.Teleport you soewhere far away from him)or (B.Teleport you ontop of the department store)try this repetively until he does B then go in the cat-like door. :)
EDIT:I tried doing Uboa but I was scared and nothing happened :? I did hear a few strange noises but it sounded like talking.How fast do I have to go?
My Level List
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:30 am

I'm getting back into the game and I've gotten quite a few effects.How far has anybody else gotten?I've only gotten as far as mars and The department store and Ponikos house and the docks b side.I've been a lot of places.
My Level List
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:15 am

I'M 13 YAAY *downloads*
I regret that.

Playing it at night during a thunderstorm with me imagining creepy noises, and then FACE appears... Yeah.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:32 am

LittleZbot wrote:I'M 13 YAAY *downloads*
I regret that.

Playing it at night during a thunderstorm with me imagining creepy noises, and then FACE appears... Yeah.
No offence but I found that funny 'cause of the irony that it's a time where you'd be scared.I remember I was wanting to play it in the day with my mom 'cause I was soo scared.I didn't even want to download it at night.I was like :shock: When I finally downloaded it but it turns out,there isn't much scary things you can get to from the nexus (the door room).Don't worry about FACE.There's a (Deleted More Stuff Derp).Don't use the knife effect on it and Face shouldn't appear.It just has Ambient noises in it.I'll give you any tips if you need any.
Last edited by llarson on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Level List
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:35 am

Thanks. I'm gonna play this tomorrow, if my mom doesn't catch me.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:37 am

LittleZbot wrote:Thanks. I'm gonna play this tomorrow, if my mom doesn't catch me.
There is some violence in it but not much (there is a freaky head in The white desert that appears when you enter the building in it.)And a few other violent things but I suggest you try it before I get into details.
My Level List
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:00 pm

I just did the monoko event.After a while it starts to hurt your eyes 'cause monoko spins no matter what.If anybody wants to know how I got the stoplight effect:
It's in some woods when you interact with a dead corpse
My Level List
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:44 pm

found this hilarous yume nikki video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0AnmNqN_jk
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 am

I just saw madotsukis ghost.The only way to interact with it is to use the cat effect.
EDIT:I just got the towel effect.The towel guy shocked me :lol: .
Last edited by llarson on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Level List
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:43 pm

I just saw a better,alternate ending somebody made:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJhfVcff ... re=related
Again I have a suggestive warning
EDIT:I also found a video of Uboas child :3http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU2LGcE9 ... re=related
EDIT2:Uboa exe. has stopped working (A suggestive warning for the beginning but not the rest. Skip to uboa and there shouldn't be anything.....wierd)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BUeXVPL ... re=related
My reaction after the video: :shock: THE BIRD SAVED US!
My Level List
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Just When I thought this game couldn't get any freakier:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wklrThXM ... re=related
It's still a fun game though.
EDIT: again a suggestive warning for a stupid message at the begginning (It's youtube not Yume nikki)
My Level List
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Oh hey, I remember people talking about this game a while ago. Maybe I should try it sometime.

Currently debating if that's such a good idea...
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:58 pm

It's a pretty good game. I think you should try it. I'll give you tips if you need any. This is actually one of my favorite games. BTW Yume Nikki isn't as scary as everybody makes it. About the only freaky things in it are: Severed heads in the white desert (if you enter a white building with red around it these will appear), Uboa (not THAT scary but a little shocking),the music (ambience), and FACE (the freakiest thing ever in my opinion :shock: )
Other than those It's alright. I suggest that if you try it you should start off small (stuff like neon world or shield-folk world). Then work your way up.
My Level List
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:08 am

Gah, I keep wanting to play this, but I still remember my first try when I was lost in stuff for over an hour and nothing really happened...
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm

The wiki has maps of the worlds. I'll give you tips if you need any.
EDIT: Derp I changed my avatar. :3
My Level List