How can I access the music files for a game?

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: jdl, ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, Stinky

Post Reply
User avatar
omarogi35
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 am

How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by omarogi35 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:44 pm

Hello I need a little help. For Spongebob Squarepants Krabby Quest, is there a way I can access the music files? I know how to get the rest with that thing that we download to give us all the sound, image, and data files but no music files. How can I get those?
Last edited by omarogi35 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Re: How can I access the files for a game?

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 pm

User avatar
omarogi35
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 am

Re: How can I access the files for a game?

Post by omarogi35 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 am

Alright thanks
User avatar
omarogi35
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 am

Re: How can I access the files for a game?

Post by omarogi35 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:32 am

But I can't get the music files. How do I get those?
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Re: How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Files res3-6.dat are the music tracks, if you want to play them you need to change their file extension from .dat to .ogg. You can also replace them with any other .ogg music file.
User avatar
omarogi35
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 am

Re: How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by omarogi35 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:28 pm

Alright, I'll give it a go, thanks.
User avatar
omarogi35
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 am

Re: How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by omarogi35 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:32 pm

ALEXALEX976 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:49 pm
Files res3-6.dat are the music tracks, if you want to play them you need to change their file extension from .dat to .ogg. You can also replace them with any other .ogg music file.
It only gives me the graphics, files, and sounds. I put the number of the res. Is there anything else I have to do because I'm doing it on the packer if that's right. And when I change them to ogg they don't play, it says the player can't do it.
User avatar
Aryan
Rainbow Keeper
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by Aryan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:04 am

omarogi35 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:32 pm
ALEXALEX976 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:49 pm
Files res3-6.dat are the music tracks, if you want to play them you need to change their file extension from .dat to .ogg. You can also replace them with any other .ogg music file.
It only gives me the graphics, files, and sounds. I put the number of the res. Is there anything else I have to do because I'm doing it on the packer if that's right. And when I change them to ogg they don't play, it says the player can't do it.
No, musics can't be accessed by the packer... you have to change extension of res3-6.dat files from .dat to .it, and then they will work.
User avatar
omarogi35
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 am

Re: How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by omarogi35 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Do you mean .ogg? Because when I change them to .it it can't be opened. But when I change it to .ogg it becomes a music file but it says it cannot play the soundtrack.
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Re: How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:23 pm

The right format for krabby quest is *.ogg, *.it is only used in the 3 wonderland classic trilogy games. What video/music player did you try?
User avatar
omarogi35
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 am

Re: How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by omarogi35 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:57 pm

ALEXALEX976 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:23 pm
The right format for krabby quest is *.ogg, *.it is only used in the 3 wonderland classic trilogy games. What video/music player did you try?
The Windows media player and Groove Music.
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Re: How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:02 pm

Try Vlc, it should be able to play them.
User avatar
omarogi35
Silver Wonderlander
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:10 am

Re: How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by omarogi35 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:12 am

To be honest someone should make a tutorial video on how to do this because none of this is working! I think I might've done something wrong with the packer or custom editor because they're not soundtrack files.
User avatar
Cyndanera
Platinum Wonderlander
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:00 am
Contact:

Re: How can I access the music files for a game?

Post by Cyndanera » Wed May 01, 2019 4:27 am

Use openmpt for the .it files.
Post Reply