Name Change

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Name Change

Post by Technos72 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:29 pm

For a while now I started to dislike this name "Technos" that I've been using for about five to six years. Yeah. That's how long I've been using it. And I was putting that name up in other places to identification and stuff. But now I'm feeling a bit off about this name and think it's weird (I'm slightly weird overall, but I wasn't intended to be like this really).

Another thing: I found myself clumsy with this name because like seven years ago I was at this laser tag place with my friends where you could give yourself a unique name before you play. And one of my friends used this name. And a few months later I was thinking of this name and thought it was good so used it in online places. But that was me at like 13 years old. I'm 19 now and I know a LOT better than past me. And now I don't like this kind of unoriginality that I'm changing my name now.

What is my new name I ask? Well I settled for "FourSeasonGamer". Or FSG for short. I chose this name because I'm really fascinated with the idea of seasons (winter, spring, etc). And as you see on my signature, I also made a new Backloggery account with this name change and copied all my games onto there.

But Patrick, I'm not asking for a name change on my profile. I'll leave it on "Technos" for legacy purposes. For the past posts, people will identify me when this name is mentioned on them. But for future name stuff, It will be FourSeasonGamer.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:55 pm

I understand, although I personally disagree. The name you choose is supposed to be permanent, however you can obviously have something different in, for example, a different forum or Skype chat. Although I am annoyed of the name Garirry, I still keep it for legacy purposes, but I have named it differently on the Skype chat.

I think that changing your name isn't worth it: as you said, keep it for legacy purposes. Also, I find the name "FourSeasonGamer" to be lame. Speaking of lame, I would say that if you really want to change your name, use your Skype name, Lame Lire: it's pretty creative in my opinion.
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:52 pm

I think that it's your own decision to make, tbh
either way i don't think it makes a huge difference (at least in my opinion) :?
no
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:37 am

garirry wrote:I think that changing your name isn't worth it: as you said, keep it for legacy purposes. Also, I find the name "FourSeasonGamer" to be lame. Speaking of lame, I would say that if you really want to change your name, use your Skype name, Lame Lire: it's pretty creative in my opinion.
You know, I kind of found "FourSeasonGamer" to be more awkward than "Lame Lime". I think Lame Lime is the one. So I'll stick to it.

Oh yeah. Another thing I forgot to say which Nobody brought up on Epigam, we were all kiddies when we got our online-ish names. So that's why I'm moving on with this new name.