Star trek fans?

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

tooncool64
Rainbow Keeper

Star trek fans?

Post by tooncool64 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:18 pm

I'm pretty sure there would be some Star Trek fanatics around here. What series have you watched?
Here is my opinions:
TOS: Meh, once you've seen the newer ones, its hard to go back
TNG: Its ok. I'm glad much of the Alpha Quandrat is unexplored
DS9: Eh, I didn't really like this one. Felt like a soap opera
VOY: OOOO YAH! This one was my favorite. Especially the Doctor
ENT: Havent see much of them.
Currently playing WSW.

"Please wait, we are loading the game."
WonderBoyIIII

Post by WonderBoyIIII » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:08 am

TOS: Has some great episodes (and some bland episodes). A very good show for its time.
TNG: I haven't watched much of it. Some of what I have watched was pretty good. Picard's dialogue was well written. In general it was too episodic for my tastes.
DS9: Easily my favourite. It had long running story arcs, and plenty of intra-galactic geo-politics (and eventually war).
VOY: Too episodic and with annoying characters (especially the captain). It had the occasional good episode. I stopped watching after about four seasons. It was however, the Star Trek show that got me into Star Trek.
ENT: Varied in quality. Seasons 1 and 2 were too episodic. Season 3 had a season long story arc revolving around the Xindi. Season 4 had many multi part episodes (including several 3 and 4 part episodes) that were linked with episodes/movies set later. Season 4 is regarded by many as being the single best season of Star Trek.

This list of Star Trek TV series has good explanations of each show (along with various stats such as episode counts, years it ran etc).
WonderBoyIIII

Post by WonderBoyIIII » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:46 am

If I had written Voyager ...
- It wouldn't have been episodic.
- Ocompas wouldn't have such short life spans.
- Kes and Neelix wouldn't be at senior crew meetings.
- Seska would have remained on Voyager, as a Garak like character.
- That reoccurring Vulcan character in engineering would out-himself as a Romulan spy, and choose to construct a cloaking device for Voyager.
- Janeway would be assassinated by one or more crew members. There would be many suspects, but Tuvok would fail to find the killer. A new captain would be elected democratically, and Voyager would become a Marquis ship.
- Voyager teams up with one or more other vagrant ships for a while.
- Voyager avoids Borg space (for the obvious reasons) and goes exploring the safer parts of the delta quadrant, as recommended by Chakotay.
- They don't make their way back to Earth, and settle on a planet populated with non-human homo-sapiens, after siding with them in a war against an aggressor.
- They start their own mini-Federation in the delta-quadrant, but are less compromising and don't adhere to the prime directive.