Pokemon Go

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Pokemon Go

Post by Edwin Chung » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:00 pm

Recently,a game called Pokemon Go has become famous across the world.

Have you guys heard and even played this game?
If not,will you try?

For me,I will not because I admit that once I engage in this game,I will become hooked and spend countless time on this game.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Pokemon Go is everywhere. It's infectiously fun but it's also dangerous. People have fallen off cliffs, invaded homes, ran into busy intersections, and gone sleep-depraved because of it. So Nintendo should put a warning when starting the game.
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Timecrokba » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:03 pm

While I, personally, have played Pokemon Go, I don't think I will be coming back to it. The game can be fun, but I feel you can only get into the battle part of the game, a major portion of the game, and actually have a chance is after dozens of hours of play. Getting nearly any Pokemon evolved is a grind, and you'll usually have wasted those candies in another couple of hours when you get a stronger version of that same Pokemon. It is also dangerous, as stated by Wonderman, has server issues, and eats up battery charge.

I appreciate what Nintendo have tried, but when it is pretty much just a watered down Gen 1 game in real life, I'd much rather play a different, more diverse and strategic Pokemon game.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:37 am

Personally, I think it's brilliant, and most of the people who killed themselves playing it had to be idiots to have payed that little attention to what they were doing. You literally just see everything normally except with the occasional Pokemon. To say that they should issue a warning on the front is like saying that every Easter Egg Hunt should issue a warning beforehand that no Easter Eggs were thrown off the edge of a cliff and you shouldn't dive after them.

No offense meant, just my thoughts.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936