Robert's Return to Game Dev (DISCUSSION DEFUNCT)

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Robert's Return to Game Dev (DISCUSSION DEFUNCT)

Post by RoberTime » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:01 pm

I'm slowly coming back to game design via Game Maker. And many months ago, I found out Game Maker Studio was free via Steam, so I began using it. I still got the GML brains.

Now for my first GMS Game/Workshop Submission, I'm working on a retro/minimalist Picross game inspired by too much Picross Touch (Which I grew tired of). But this one will be unique as it will be one of those Picross games involving multiple colors. Yes there will be a level editor, yes it's my first game with one! (Though, it will require some GML scripting because I have never done an editor before)

(I haven't done the left numbers at the moment ツ)

I have done most of the gameplay portion of the engine. There will be a "Level" script that generates everything, even for level editors out there once I release this game to Workshop. Though, I'm unable to program feedback for completing each puzzle, so just solve it and run away ;) Oh, and the name of course, will be called "PiX".

In other words, I'm trying to work on my first original game for Tabletop Simulator. It will be some kind of DnD Pokemon game with 3D figurines I have actually made in Blender, and gameplay that functions similar to games like Heroscape, Master of Monsters, and Tactics Ogre, if you know what all those are ;)

To start off, I made my first pokemon figurine for such game. Electrode because basic sphere.

I'm just erecting this topic for any minor audience feedback, constructive criticism, etc. that can help make the game better. But not as over-manipulative with other games back in the day, back 4-5 years ago when I was developing like crazy on Epigam.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:52 am

DISCUSSION NOW MOVED TO DISCORD

Obviously, Discord is a more convenient way to communicate on anything really. I will be keeping my project updates there before releasing them from now on.

If you are still interested in what I'm making. PM me for an invite to "Castle RoberTime", my Discord server. But for now, I will no longer be posting in this topic (I will still hang around Off-Topic occasionally for new discussions, etc.)