Page 1 of 1

Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:28 am
by OondiLalaLoopy
So I want to say it straight...I like to make pixel art and I would like to earn a dollar or two out of it...I can make icons emblems and many more things in under 256x256 format.I came here to ask you if someone is remotely interested in a pixel art picture for $5 or so...or if anyone knows someone who wants an image for a steal...I can adapt to preferences except pretty realistic human or animal...for me in my country this little commisions add pretty well because of the currency change.

For you to make an idea what I can do here is a link to collab I did(the bottom right image)

https://squaredoondi.tumblr.com/post/17 ... -thank-you

Also you can browse the other artworks in there(I gave this link because I do not know how to send the link of my blog from the app).

Thank you for understandment and I hope at least for a feedback because the idea to beg for commisions is embarrasing a little.

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:32 am
by OondiLalaLoopy
Also this is my last piece...I start to work more clean in terms of palletes and keep it simple but detailed in the same time.
All of my works on tumblr are actually all my work...I improve and adapt fast.

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:28 pm
by TheoX
I'd love to be the first to say that last example looks amazing. Great text style, positioning, and detail the chip surface :D

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 pm
by OondiLalaLoopy
Thank you for the feedback...

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:22 pm
by OondiLalaLoopy
Even if you do not have any comissions,you can give me your opinion about my work...I know there are not many pictures but some feedback would be very apreciated!

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:36 pm
by rainbowmon
This looks amazing... Do you have a Twitter? I see a lot of artists on there and if you're on there I'd definitely follow. I also tend to like and retweet art I like, so that could potentially help just a bit with visibility.

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:52 pm
by OondiLalaLoopy
rainbowmon wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:36 pm
This looks amazing... Do you have a Twitter? I see a lot of artists on there and if you're on there I'd definitely follow. I also tend to like and retweet art I like, so that could potentially help just a bit with visibility.
Unfortunately no...and I do not plan to make soon...I am working on a "bigger project"...also if I make a twitter account I still need to post constantly and with the mentioned project which also moves pretty slow because of time and school work.

I want to make some comissions to get a little sum of money for some fees regarding the project.
When the project is done I will start working on a lot more images then the exposure will be very welcomed!

Also thank you for the kind words!!

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:15 pm
by OondiLalaLoopy
It's a really tricky situation which I hope to resolve soon...

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:48 am
by LittleZbot
A pixel art version of my avatar or a Z-bot in general would be amazing - I can definitely think of places I could use it. I'd pay between $20-30, depending on how much I like the final product.

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:52 pm
by OondiLalaLoopy
LittleZbot wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:48 am
A pixel art version of my avatar or a Z-bot in general would be amazing - I can definitely think of places I could use it. I'd pay between $20-30, depending on how much I like the final product.
That would be wonderful...I will try to get to work as fast as I can and let you know when I have a proof of concept!
I want to let you know I will make it 120x120 because of the limit of the forum!If you want it for a different use pls let me know!!

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:58 am
by LittleZbot
Should be good. Actually, I'd really like to get my friend (online username: Obi-Wan Canoli) an icon that's not directly stolen from Google Images. This is his original icon/avatar, and this is a basic piece of concept art he sent me. If you can make something out of that and send it alongside my avatar, I'll make it an even $50.

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:34 am
by OondiLalaLoopy
LittleZbot wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:58 am
Should be good. Actually, I'd really like to get my friend (online username: Obi-Wan Canoli) an icon that's not directly stolen from Google Images. This is his original icon/avatar, and this is a basic piece of concept art he sent me. If you can make something out of that and send it alongside my avatar, I'll make it an even $50.
So a little z-bot image and an anthropomorph canoli on the way!If you could specify the size of the canoli image would be great!

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:58 pm
by LittleZbot
Regarding both, 120x120 is acceptable. I would actually prefer 180x180, but 120x120 will do.

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:17 pm
by OondiLalaLoopy
This are the images I done for LittleZbot's comission!
I am very grateful to him for asking me to make some avatars!

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:46 pm
by TheoX
That pixel Zbot looks snazzy! Nice.

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:49 am
by OondiLalaLoopy
TheoX wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:46 pm
That pixel Zbot looks snazzy! Nice.
Thank you!!!

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:19 am
by OondiLalaLoopy
I do not like to bump this thread but is somebody interested in a logo or does anybody know someone who needs one for about 10$ a piece (it can be less or more depending of the image)?

I am also free these week and have all the time in the world to make them detailed and not rushed!

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:09 pm
by TheoX
Upon further thought (and some success myself), I think rainbowmon was onto something with the social media angle. Instagram might be a better bet than Twitter if you pick one platform to post about your art, though. It's still a really popular platform and very easy to post and share art. Just a thought. I would definitely follow/like your posts as I use it regularly.

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:19 pm
by rainbowmon
I suggested Twitter as there's a lot of artists I both see and follow on there, and because it's really the only social media I use...

But yeah, having ANY social media is a good idea for an artist; it lets them bring their art to more people's attention.

Also, something crazy happened with the forum... For some reason TheoX, I got not one but TWO notifications about your one post. Weird...

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 pm
by OondiLalaLoopy
I fully understand your point of view but the idea of having a platform is always followed by consistent work...I already have a tumblr account in which I posted all my pixel art I ever created in about 4-5 years and the posts are way too scarce...I am constantly under time pressure with school and work...this little commissions would help my family go on financial as I also work with my father in the forest besides his job...the currency value difference from USD to RON makes a difference in the romanian wallet!

There are problems at every step especially involving time and money and many other things I do not want to get into.
This was a place I knew I could get in touch with someone for an offer fast in rythme with my tight schedule.

Thank you for the kind words and ideas...I wouldn't have begged for an offer if I would've had a constant work time.

Re: Some help needed regarding possible comissions

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:12 pm
by OondiLalaLoopy
rainbowmon wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:19 pm
I suggested Twitter as there's a lot of artists I both see and follow on there, and because it's really the only social media I use...
I took the suggestion and finally made a Twitter account for pixel art!
My acc is @OondiSquared!