Meta topic: muting subforums

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Meta topic: muting subforums

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:28 pm

We don't have a meta subforum for critique of the forum, so, putting this here.
For years I've wanted to mute some sections of the forum due to rarely using them (WAE3 custom adventures, Puzzle/actions mainly).
Is there some way to do this other than marking topics read? If not, I would like to suggest it.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Meta topic: muting subforums

Post by jdl » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:46 pm

If you're talking about the orange bubbles on the forum index, then as far as I know there's no way to turn them off for specific forums.

If you mean the forum notifications, there's a feature where you can subscribe to subforums and threads. You may have subscribed to some stuff that you forgot about. Subscriptions and notification settings can be managed in your User Control Panel. There's also a bookmarking feature as well.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Meta topic: muting subforums

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:09 pm

jdl wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:46 pm
If you're talking about the orange bubbles on the forum index, then as far as I know there's no way to turn them off for specific forums.

If you mean the forum notifications, there's a feature where you can subscribe to subforums and threads. You may have subscribed to some stuff that you forgot about. Subscriptions and notification settings can be managed in your User Control Panel. There's also a bookmarking feature as well.
I meant the first, my bad if it was unclear.

I don't think I've ever used the subscription features. I just get notified to replies for me.