Wonderland Fanfiction?

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Wonderland Fanfiction?

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:47 am

Is there any Wonderland or Wonderland Adventures fanfiction out there? Besides the ones on this forum, the only one I know about is the one I wrote myself, and that's only snippets.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Wonderland Fanfiction?

Post by Jutomi » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:12 pm

There's definitely some amusing fanfiction stuff you can find on the forum. There's historical stinker art buried in the off topic section, somewhere. Arno is an entire RTW character. And I've seen a couple very nicely-made images and even gifs from some members before - although, it's hardly custom "lore" and more one-off bits of amusement.

Most wonderland fanfic, however, is... well, in Wonderland! Absolutely tons of storylines - some good, some not, and some absolutely fantastic. I highly recommend, if you're interested in lore, either playing some RTW level series or, more ideally, custom adventures. I know there's lots of story-rich content by Master Wonder Mage, Emerald141 (won't find it on-forum, but some adventures are still archived), MyNameIsKooky (albeit, largely horror-inspired), yot yot5, and several hubs (linked in my signature, not counting the majority of pseudo-hubs) and collabs/tennises, just to mention a few that pop to mind (and liz mayhew and chip have some good RTW story content).

And, if you don't feel like solving puzzles for these stories, then uh... a) there are absolutely some adventures more akin to visual novels, but they're pretty rare, or b) y'can always watch them on youtube #totallynotpluggingmychannel

Definitely check the forum out. There are lots of hidden gems if you look hard enough. :)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:28 am

Thanks for the tips! However, when I posted this topic, I was thinking about writing-type fanfiction, such as LittleZBot's own fanfiction, Zippy the Z-bot and its sequel, Revelation of the Z-bot. It's a shame that the sequel was never finished.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:35 pm

TwingleTheScraggler wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:28 am
Thanks for the tips! However, when I posted this topic, I was thinking about writing-type fanfiction, such as LittleZBot's own fanfiction, Zippy the Z-bot and its sequel, Revelation of the Z-bot. It's a shame that the sequel was never finished.
I would love to write theories on the lore based on PotZ's ending, but that's not exactly fanfic, is it?
Spoilers; I think the thwarts and the Lone Classic Z-Bot Rebel are responsible for 'resetting' the world to repeat the six games, or maybe a new version of them. The ice trolls may be semi-aware of this too, I don't think anyone else is. A great question to ask is, do the UFOs work with z-bots or are they one and the same? I never could tell.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:40 pm

Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:47 am
Is there any Wonderland or Wonderland Adventures fanfiction out there? Besides the ones on this forum, the only one I know about is the one I wrote myself, and that's only snippets.
If I think of a good idea, I'll personally write you a story.

Or if you have one.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:22 pm

Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:47 am
You should share yours. Anyhow

SEEKING ANSWERS TO LOOSE ENDS

PROLOGUE

It's long been a question of today's stinker historians and archaeologists as to why so many structures in Wonderland lie abandoned. Explanations ranging from fantastic alien species - of which Wonderland is home to many - feel unfulfilling and insufficient to explain the widespread wreckage and desertion of functional buildings and machines.

An abandoned windmill southwest of Wondertown had lied unused years until its restoration despite the machine working correctly after a few simple kinks to rocks gathered in the loading dock piles.

A huge mine in the northern mountains, and another on Sundog Island, suggested stinkers once relied on technology more than magic and natural science, yet these mines were not caved in or avalanched or frozen over, and nobody to this day can say why they are lost as so. What's sure is we no longer have the means to recreate such things, and have to wonder if it was done by ancient stinkers or otherworldly friends or foes.

Temples on Fire Island and again near Wondertown in the hillsides, leave us similar questions. Few things in the continent of Wonderland break down completely, mechanics still work, runes still fit keyholes, messages scrawled on walls remain readable as before, if ever coded.

Some blame or question the z-bots, the shadows, the stars, or something beyond. We now know today that z-bots were only responsible for technological hidden horrors and poor replicas of real stinker and star technology. Stars have always been an ethereal force at best and did not build for us. It's unlikely kabooms had been much for building, although their credit to the mines is much possible and thus may have obtained the rocks used for temples and old stone founded buildings. And the shadow stinkers, while much more competent than stinkers, seem uninterested in the physical day-to-day of Wonderland life.

Who knows what the answer is? It would take the research of a very patient, scrutinous, and cynical stinker to find the truth.

(to be continued, probably)
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:04 pm

The quest and answer began in the most unlikely of places. Or perhaps the most sensible.

Chief Bigbang was not a historian, but had through the work of the professors and scholars on Fire Island, a history of Kaboom industry.
The mines had been a joint operation between Kabooms, Stinkers, and a now forgotten, unknown people. This third people, whoever they were, had been the commissioners, the payers, and the business side, but had not done the heavy work nor lived in the sites.

This was the first clue.

Some investigation and a few star warp travels revealed, the shadow stinkers and the rainbow stars were not the culprits. The handiwork and snaky nature of this unknown group did not befit other known nations either, and it stood now a tall mystery: who were the signers to authorize this project?

Literal signs? Probably not.
Geographic details indicated the constructions were too deft and yet too imprecise to be robotic nor mammalic. It was not the work of any alien race of stinkers, nor any sort of troll, nor cyborg. And it was too real to be spiritual or magical.

No, this was something else. Something new. Something good and hopeful, or bad and scary.

Only time would tell.

But between all the species, lied only one hint where to go.

The answer lied in Barren. What caused the forest to turn to desert, had been the same force that authorized these mines.
And now with the connection between abandoned buildings and an abandoned planet, the mystery began to grow in scope...
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:19 am

The answer lied here at the end of the world. "Humans? People? What are those?" the investigator asked.

They stood down before the tall beings, their creature-like forms indicating a propensity to great strength and difficult puzzles.

What do you mean I'm just a potato?

I'm not a toy!

But the protests went nil, as the humans rounded out their clockwork and began the story again, and again, and again.

The cycle always looping. The one classic z-bot left to reset the universe each time. The investigations of the thwarts when they felt something amiss.

How does one exit a loop if they don't know they're in it?

Well, the people did know, but they wanted it to never end.

This wasn't right.

It was time to tell a new story.

--ENDE--
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:26 pm

Well this ended up being its own thing, not a prologue, but I'll probably make subsequent stories as well, actual levels. Maybe.

I compare the WA trilogy to the Neverending Story a lot in design and well, storytelling.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:07 pm

Here's a good idea: how are the Retro Z-Bots after the events of the third game?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:34 pm

Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:07 pm
Here's a good idea: how are the Retro Z-Bots after the events of the third game?
Well my guess is they are either stored as code, destroyed; or live in a secret place somewhere far beyond reach. Maybe a place to go explore?

One of the issues with writing Wonderland fanon is that most ideas do better as actual custom levels or hubs, and are made into those.

I would consider working with you on making a WA hub as a 'tennis match' or 'collab' about this topic. However I lost my RTW copy and such cannot make a RTW levelpack. (Also am fairly busy, but, we'll figure it out)
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:19 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:34 pm
Well my guess is they are either stored as code, destroyed; or live in a secret place somewhere far beyond reach. Maybe a place to go explore?

One of the issues with writing Wonderland fanon is that most ideas do better as actual custom levels or hubs, and are made into those.

I would consider working with you on making a WA hub as a 'tennis match' or 'collab' about this topic. However I lost my RTW copy and such cannot make a RTW levelpack. (Also am fairly busy, but, we'll figure it out)
Can't you just get RTW again? Or alternatively, wait until the mobile version has a level editor.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:33 pm

Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:19 pm
Wonderman109 wrote:

Can't you just get RTW again? Or alternatively, wait until the mobile version has a level editor.
Don't have a copy of the payment details/proof of receipt (old pc died some time ago).
And mobile, maybe, but I don't like it plus my phone's on limited data.

Anyway, just a thought.
There are probably plenty of other people here who'd be willing to collab on your idea as well btw-
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:00 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:33 pm
Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:19 pm
Wonderman109 wrote:

Don't have a copy of the payment details/proof of receipt (old pc died some time ago).
And mobile, maybe, but I don't like it plus my phone's on limited data.

Anyway, just a thought.
There are probably plenty of other people here who'd be willing to collab on your idea as well btw-
If you email Patrick with the name/address/phone number/email address you used to purchase the game, I'm sure he'd be able to help you. BMT Micro seems to have a customer search system that can pull up previous orders.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.