Oh my... too many polygons - new record?

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Oh my... too many polygons - new record?

Post by Pawelec » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Has anyone else filled the level with custom models so much that they got serious lag? I've never had the FPS of 29 for the whole level before... I filled the area with custom trees (5 different models, 2 textures) and plants (3 different models, 4 textures) using every model about 10-15 times. Tree models are quite high-poly for WA standards.

I guess I'll have to rethink decorating some areas of my hub.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Antonio

Post by Antonio » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:22 pm

I think it depends on the computer you have. I've never had serious lag in WA before on Windows 7/XP but it seems to lag a bit on Windows 8.
Maybe it's just my PC, but I had some serious lag issues before switching to Windows 7 (It had Windows 8 installed by default ^_^, it's a relatively new pc).

I tried high-poly models but the FPS remained constant for me.

Good luck with that :p
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:28 pm

I'll also point out that I think WA has a limit for maximum speed or whatever. Despite the fact that I have a mid-end gaming PC, one of my adventures (with 10 huge objects) lags exactly as much on my other computer (who is quite weak) as on this one. And by lag, it probably runs at like 1FPS if not less. Would you mind PMing me the file to see if it lags on here as well as post me your PC specs?

Anyway, good luck with your hub. :)
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Ugh, sending you all the models would take much time, besides I'm sure it's because of them - removing them causes the FPS get back to 60.

Also, some of the designs for the hub are meant to be revealed with the release, I cannot send the models to you 8)
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi