WA3E Bug Topic

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

WA3E Bug Topic

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:21 pm

I wasn't sure where I should put bugs we find, so I made a place. How convenient!

Anyway, the bug I found is that if you click around at the screen to make a new profile, you'll get an Array index out of bounds error. That seems pertinent.

Nonetheless, post the bugs you find here to help MS obliterate them.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 pm

- Glasses are still a bit broken. If the Colour variable is set to the second value, and the user tries switching to another type of glasses that doesn't have a secondary texture, the Editor closes with the "Can't find accessoryxx.jpg" error.

- The Editor closes with a "Can't find leveltexxx.jpg" error if the user tries loading a level that points to a custom texture that doesn't exist.

- If the user's set a custom level-texture, clicking on the LevelTex variable to scroll back to the in-built textures has a tendency to crash with an Array Index Out of Bounds error. Right-clicking the LevelTex variable and pressing enter seems to alleviate the problem somewhat, but it still happens.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:32 pm

Well, I noticed three bugs, and one thing that is probably more like an unused feature than a bug.

The actual glitch is F12 for refresh.

Doing it in "Adventures" will make a couple of rows of "checking download inbox" appear, less than briefly.

However, the longer you press it, the more they scroll down, until you screen sort of shakes a little.

The second bug is pressing F12 to refresh in the "Hubs".
It should a map of fire island, along with a bunch of green, untextured map sections. :|

I am not 100% sure if this is actually in the proper version, or if it's because I put two things on, one of which is within a directory above what it should have been in.
Any how, that's that.

The third bug, which I am not 100% if it's a bug or not, to which I'm posting here for confirmation, is the profile select screen.

Each time you try to go back to your old profile, your character needs to be either selected or created again. :P

The interesting feature, on the other hand, is this;
If you have more than one set of gloves in your inventory, and walk on a single-use glove charger(like on Uo), then you get the amount of charges as to how many gloves you have!

I doubt that this is a bug, but I wanted to post it here any ways; if it's any thing like the fast-recovery glitch, I think that it could be used for some rather... interesting puzzles. :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:35 am

uh
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:00 am

When I clicked on a hub title,i got AIOOB Error.
Also when we f12 while we are selecting a hub or adv, it gets AIOOB error,if you click on the background you get continues clicking sound.

Also this:
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:40 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:uh
POWER HAND
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:38 am

Found a bizarre bug. (But not as bizarre as Deeman's :lol: )

Give a Stinker NPC a hat and/or an accessory. Then increase or decrease the wlv's height, either from the top or bottom, so the coordinates of the Stinker's spot change. The Stinker will move as you change it, but the hat and/or accessory will stay on the same coordinates as it was on before. (It disappears and reappears on the Stinker if you make an edit to the Stinker and then click on it to update it.)
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 am

Wonderland King wrote:Found a bizarre bug. (But not as bizarre as Deeman's :lol: )

Give a Stinker NPC a hat and/or an accessory. Then increase or decrease the wlv's height, either from the top or bottom, so the coordinates of the Stinker's spot change. The Stinker will move as you change it, but the hat and/or accessory will stay on the same coordinates as it was on before. (It disappears and reappears on the Stinker if you make an edit to the Stinker and then click on it to update it.)
This happens with the width option too, but using the right arrows doesn't seem to cause a problem. It's only with the left arrows. You can also right-click the right arrows to decrease the height/width without it bugging out.
---

Edit: Does anyone know what's causing these "Couldn't Load Mesh" errors that occur randomly when opening the editor program? Sometimes it errors and sometimes it doesn't.. It's really annoying. :(
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:41 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

editor, why can't you LOAD 3ds/jpg
you should be able to LOAD that
whatever it is
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:11 am

jdl wrote:
Wonderland King wrote:Found a bizarre bug. (But not as bizarre as Deeman's :lol: )

This happens with the width option too, but using the right arrows doesn't seem to cause a problem. It's only with the left arrows. You can also right-click the right arrows to decrease the height/width without it bugging out.
---

Edit: Does anyone know what's causing these "Couldn't Load Mesh" errors that occur randomly when opening the editor program? Sometimes it errors and sometimes it doesn't.. It's really annoying. :(

Were you opening a wlv which comtained custom model(s)?(most likely to be my Crusher test level)
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Krishiv738 wrote:
jdl wrote:

---

Were you opening a wlv which comtained custom model(s)?(most likely to be my Crusher test level)
Nope. It happens mostly when opening the editor program. It errors on the black screen before the "select existing adventure to edit" screen appears. It closes and creates these debug files in the UserData\Temp directory too, but all these debug files contain is the same error in the editor. Some are even empty! :?
It has only errored one time when I was selecting a wlv so far, but even then, it was saying it couldn't load one of the regular game objects.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, but when you place Sunspheres in a level and then return to it later they are translucent and above the ground.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:24 am

I find that when I save a level and reload it, I have gloves, a GlowGem and a spy-eye taking up slots in my inventory which was previously empty or had other things.

EDIT: This is supposed to be intended that you start adventures with these items - but they only appear for me in levels when I reload a saved slot. :?

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, I was being dumb. The items were there the whole time. So yeah, I'd like THAT to be fixed, please, MS, because it ruins a lot of my adventure plans. :evil:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:27 am

DP One other glitch- when you finish a level of a hub and the exit button and the inventory bag button on the right side of the screen vanish, they sometimes don't reappear in the hub. This happened to me just now after playing 'Custom Calamity' in the Sample Hub. :|
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:03 am

When decreasing the number for the color on a magic charger, you can go past 0 to -1 before it loops to 6 again.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:37 am

StinkerSquad01 wrote:When decreasing the number for the color on a magic charger, you can go past 0 to -1 before it loops to 6 again.
Oh god, what... actually, what happens in-game if you do that?
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Well, in the past version, it acted like Pow but you had to Blink onto the charger for it to work.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:15 am

W, A, and D work to move the editor camera, but S doesn't.

is... is MS calling me a WAD?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:20 am

Nobody wrote: is... is MS calling me a WAD?
Yes. :twisted:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:40 am

Someone already mentioned that it's WAXD instead of WASD.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:17 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:Well, in the past version, it acted like Pow but you had to Blink onto the charger for it to work.
I tried it and it does nothing now. You also can't go to any other color now, even with Shift. I suppose MS left black in as a Null magic for us.

+New Glitch: Like with shadow stinkers, Jeebos, Grynklers, and Fire Shadow Stinkers MAV when frozen. Funny enough, Wee Grynklers and Wee Jeebos don't.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Funny enough, Wee Grynklers and Wee Jeebos don't.
There are Wee Grynklers and Wee Jeebos? :shock:
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
If you want to have a wee stinker, you can select normal, white, or green.
yarjor
Silver Wonderlander

Post by yarjor » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
There are normal, green and white options to a wee stinker. They just look like a recolored wee stinker, they still have the normal hat and expression and all.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:07 am

The old NPC bug where having no dialogue caused tiles they walked on to become walls still seems to be present.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:32 am

I'm not sure, but I think the burstflowers fireballs go through rubber duckys.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:39 am

llarson wrote:I'm not sure, but I think the burstflowers fireballs go through rubber duckys.
The "burst" spellball is higher than duckies but lower than player and stuff.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:09 am

Um, no, all spellballs can go over/through ducks. Not sure if that's new to the WA3 editor or if it happens in the old one, though.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:14 am

Qloof234 wrote:Um, no, all spellballs can go over/through ducks. Not sure if that's new to the WA3 editor or if it happens in the old one, though.
That's new in WA3 editor,I created an adventure in which there are ducks and magic chargers(MoFI hacked editor) I tested that magic wasn't going over the duckies.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:38 am

Magic can go through ducks in the old editor though. Maybe inability of magic to go through ducks is MOFI-exclusive.