Alpha Floing and Omega Floing hub projects (Ideas)

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Alpha Floing and Omega Floing hub projects (Ideas)

Post by Technos72 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 am

These are just ideas. If I ever want to start making these hubs one day, I'll change this to a progress topic with screenshots, updates, and sample adventures. Once the hubs are completed I will post them in the Custom Adventures and Hubs

(Also please excuse me if I have this topic in the wrong place. It's been a while since I used these forums)

So anyway, ever since last November I had two ideas for new WA hubs. I want these to be based off the Zelda Oracle games: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages. I really enjoyed the main concepts of these games according to the name. In Oracle of Ages you can travel through time and many things in the world have been altered. While in Seasons you can change the seasons of the world. I don't want to remake the WHOLE story of these two games, but make an all new world with all new plot. But still keeping these gameplay concepts.

Another thing I'll be doing from these games are the secret passwords. After beating one of these games, you can get a password to use in two other copies of these hubs that continue the linked story. Just like in the Oracle Games. You can continue the story from these hub clones with stuff altered to fit the continued story correctly. You may start in the ages or seasons hubs, then the other hub in the password clone will continue from the first and make it as if it's one whole hub story. There will also be other passwords you can get and use in the other game for extra content.

So anyway, I have some ideas for what the story is going to be with these two hub projects. The stinker is going to represent link, Morklin MIGHT represent Zelda, and two new characters will be the oracles.

The ages one is the Wizard of Alpha Floing, a sapphire-colored magic that is beyond the power of normal Floing. You can switch to two different ages using this magic in some areas, Past and Present. You may also do things much more freely in the past unlike Floing. And the world will have two copies. One for present and one for past.

The seasons one is the Wizard of Omega Floing which is ruby magic. This is a whole new floing unlike Alpha. It changes the seasons as if multiple months have passed. However everything else stays the same. I'll enjoy this hub more because I love the idea of seasons. I'll be creative and have fun making the world as I will have four copies of almost the whole place, one in each season. I also found some excellent music for it.

Now I know what you're thinking about the magic thing. But don't worry about me, I won't be making ANY new magic. Impossible. Instead I will put the magic field texture in a texture pack and stepping on it lets you use the new magic. But really I'll be putting a level exit arrow or teleporter exit there.

So those are most of my ideas for these hub projects. If anyone is confused, I'll clarify by talking about the thing in detail if I can. I'll start this month or next month, depending on how many ideas I have before I'm ready to make the overworld and levels. I'll be making the story and hub FIRST before adventures. Great idea.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:45 am

Nice ideas! Also, what's with the Magical Tests? Are you gonna finish that?
Technos72 wrote:Wizard of Alpha Floing, a sapphire-colored
Technos72 wrote:Wizard of Omega Floing which is ruby
Pokemon ORAS reference right in the face! :lol:

Just kidding. I think making a completely new story would be great, while keeping the mechanics of the games. I haven't played the Oracle series though. :roll:

Good luck I suppose. :)
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:34 pm

garirry wrote:Nice ideas! Also, what's with the Magical Tests? Are you gonna finish that?
I don't know, I haven't touched this project in like forever, but the adventures there are simple. Also I was frustrated of how I kept screwing up to make the perfect adventure. So yeah, I don't know.

I'll have fun making these new hubs because I could design environments with my hub ideas I found to be a bit new for players. And maybe one day, maybe even this month, I'll continue TMT.
garirry wrote:Wizard of Omega Floing which is ruby
Pokemon ORAS reference right in the face! :lol:
Yep! For some reason I keep putting up references like that in my projects. I think I was inspired by MS how he does about the same thing in his games. One of the many cute things I have fun doing in projects.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:26 pm

Technos72 wrote:I don't know, I haven't touched this project in like forever, but the adventures there are simple. Also I was frustrated of how I kept screwing up to make the perfect adventure. So yeah, I don't know.
Yes, I think you should finish TMT before starting on this one. If you have trouble creating adventures, I can always create some for you. I think 10 adventures per magic room shouldn't be too much, which will make 80 adventures total if counting the extra rainbow stages or whatever.

Keep in mind you're loading yourself with THREE hubs. I haven't even finished the first world in mine, so I'm not even gonna bother thinking about a sequel until this is finished. :roll:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Design Choice

Post by Jutomi » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:38 pm

I thought about doing another one,
but with JA:HOTSP, I'd rather
finish that one first. :P

Still, the main hub of the hub's actually been done,
so I can relate.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:40 am

garirry wrote:Yes, I think you should finish TMT before starting on this one
I remember MNIK saying something about just making whatever you'll have fun doing at the moment. So any time I'll feel like starting these if it's on my mind and can't stop thinking about it. I do want to try my hand at designing landscapes.