The WA Editor v0.96 Archive

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

The WA Editor v0.96 Archive

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:12 pm

THE WA EDITOR v0.96 ARCHIVE

I, along with the help of jdl (thanks man!!), have been working over the past month to make an archive of everything on the Wonderland Adventures Editor (version 0.96). Yes, all the levels and hubs, level and Custom textures, music packs, and even custom wops, from 2007 to 2015. It's been kind of slow, as I started back in early June, but worth it.

The adventures are NOT ported to the WA3E Editor. They're still .wa2s. There are, however, some levels that were made with the Hacked MOFI Editor that I did not point out.

The download is pretty big, about 1.5 GB zipped, and 2.8 GB unzipped.

ALSO: This pack does not include all the v0.80 levels from 2007-2008! Please, if you have some of these levels, send them to me. If you have anything that's not in the pack, or that I accidentally overlooked, PM those to me. I could add a couple 'expansion packs' if there's enough missed content.

This archive does not include WA3E content, but I will make a monthly[?] archive of that stuff.

AFTER DOWNLOADING, PLEASE DELETE WIZARD'S COUNCIL, AS IT APPARENTLY CONTAINS VIRUSES

Download
Last edited by Sammy_P on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Here are some of the missing files from the Custom Content board.

Missing Version 5 Tracks: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic ... 052#283052
Missing Potz Music: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25205
Missing Potz Level/Water Textures: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25206
Missing Qloof's MOFI Redux Textures for MOFI Version and Editor Version 1&2: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24982
Missing Blaze's Texture Archive: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24778
Missing LexieTheFox's Music Pack V1: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24447
Missing Night House & Lamppost Textures (?): http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24005
Missing Dark Drago's Music Pack V1.1: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23711
Missing Something Related to Music: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22556
Missing Bookworm Adventures Music Pack (replacing original music files): http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22167
Missing ^_^'s Music Pack: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21776
Missing Still Alive Soundtrack: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21816

I'll have a list of missing hubs up soon.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:50 pm

I am currently in the middle of porting over Dark Cave to the new Editor, and I am planning on porting the rest of the Hubs as well!

After I've ported all the Hubs, there's a possibility that I might go through all the adventures and mark the ones that are okay for the new Editor and mark the ones that require the old Editor. If anyone knows of any major differences between Editor versions that might break adventures besides the Homing magic, please let me know!
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:54 pm

jdl wrote:I am currently in the middle of porting over Dark Cave to the new Editor, and I am planning on porting the rest of the Hubs as well!

After I've ported all the Hubs, there's a possibility that I might go through all the adventures and mark the ones that are okay for the new Editor and mark the ones that require the old Editor. If anyone knows of any major differences between Editor versions that might break adventures besides the Homing magic, please let me know!
Logic 05 was changed to lava.
Pow mechanics were modified, which will cause *some* problems.
Some glitch exploit adventures, particularly White Magic.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Thanks to jdl for pointing this out.

Apparently the hub Wizard's Council contain viruses (thanks, antonio!!). Please delete these ASAP.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:18 pm

Yes, I've scanned the majority of the exes in Wizard's Council and based on what VirusTotal reported I'd recommend everyone to delete all of the Wizard's Council folders. As long as you haven't tried to run any of the exes, you should be fine.

No worries though! I have this on my to-do list of Hubs to be ported.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:38 pm

For those who would like to have safe copy of the Wizards Council hub: A user named Plurm has revised the Wizards Council project and has ported it to the new editor. I downloaded his version a week ago and gave it a try, and my antivirus (Avast! Free antivirus copy) scanned the hub files; fortunately, there were no errors or suspicious files.
Plurm
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Plurm » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:53 am

<deleted>
Last edited by Plurm on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 pm

Plurm, there's two problems.
The first problem is that instead of there being a launcher to set the game resolution, there's a file that quickly opens and closes a command prompt window. I'm not sure what it's supposed to do, but when I see a window open and close that fast it seems suspicious to me.

Second, uh, well, even though it may be modified you've just distributed WA3's wg.exe which is illegal. Please delete the uploads immediately.

I highly suggest porting to the new editor instead. If you don't feel like doing it, then maybe I can after I'm done porting Dark Cave and Kaboom Army. I'm about halfway done with Dark Cave and Kaboom Army isn't really a big Hub.
Plurm
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Plurm » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:05 pm

OK.
Delete ASAP. Sorry.
Problem #1, I can't change the resolutions, even using anything found.
Problem #2, Deleted.

My Problem with porting into WA3E:
Problem #1.1: The Troll files are being replaced by Message-Bot Files.
Problem #1.2: The Ghosts from TWC is different from WA3E, so I/we need to duplicate.
Problem #1.3: bddfttpsz005i.wdf, is it illegal?, If it's illegal, I'll delete ASAP.

Problem #2: I cannot edit wop for custom models placed in Data, even try to type :1:Data\Models\<folders>\<file>.3ds but I can do the texture.

Problem #3:<This is a secret> Xyzzy.

Problem #4: Cutscenes are being edited in the wg.exe file, and I now know this is illegal, and deleted.

Problem #5: Custom Icons saved as standard (we can change this)

Problem #6: There are Amethyst Textures.

=======

Affirmative #1: Editing in WA3E is something easier but has a lot of bugs there.

Affirmative #2: This project is dead quite a while, you can do anything.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Plurm wrote:[snip]
Huh? I'm confused.

Also, thanks Sammy_P and jdl for making this archive. I wanted to do this myself a few months ago, but I never got the time to start.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Plurm wrote:[long post]
Like I said in PM, I'll contact Antonio and see if I can get permission to port to WA3E. I'm pretty familiar with the Editor so while there may be some things that won't be the same, I should be able to get most things working! :)
Plurm
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Plurm » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:06 pm

I think every informations can be found in a link in the PM.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:08 pm

How do I play hubs for the Wa Editor Version 0.96?
You posed dramatically.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:14 pm

loofisawesome wrote:How do I play hubs for the Wa Editor Version 0.96?
I think you overwrite the contents of MOFI or WA with the files located in the hub folder. I'm not sure though, I don't really remember.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:05 pm

garirry wrote:
I think you overwrite the contents of MOFI or WA with the files located in the hub folder. I'm not sure though, I don't really remember.
You overwrite the MOFI contents. :wink:
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Sammy_P wrote:
garirry wrote:
Well, if there was a WA1 hub (I think MoPI was originally), you would overwrite WA1.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:55 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:
Sammy_P wrote:
garirry wrote:
Well, if there was a WA1 hub (I think MoPI was originally), you would overwrite WA1.
Oh boy, MOPI went through quite a bit of porting. It was originally a WA1 Hub, but then it turned into a fake-hub for the old editor. Now it's finally a completed real hub.
I'm not sure if there were any other WA1 Hubs.. And if the hub you're trying to play uses MOFI elements, it won't work in WA1 for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Just got an email from Antonio. He said it's okay for me to port Wizard's Council so eventually I'll get to doing that.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:35 pm

The only Hub I have left to port is The Lost Voyage, however epicdude15 seems to no longer be active so I have no way of asking permission.
If anyone has his email or knows of a way for me to contact him, please let me know in PM. :)
If I don't hear anything, I'm afraid I won't be able to port.
Celebi543
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Celebi543 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:07 pm

I think the link is dead. Whenever I click on it, I just get a 404 error on the Dropbox site.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun May 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Celebi543 wrote:I think the link is dead. Whenever I click on it, I just get a 404 error on the Dropbox site.
I'm aware of this-- the account that was hosting this may have been removed, I'm not sure. Someone's got to have a copy of the zip somewhere, right?

:?
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Re: The WA Editor v0.96 Archive

Post by StinkyFTW » Wed May 30, 2018 11:34 pm

If I can find it, I can give you guys all of my WA 1 levels from an old hardrive. There's at least 400MB + of levels.
OH GOD. :mrgreen:
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:35 am

Sammy_P, can this be re-uploaded? I actually want to add some of these to the WA3E archive.
Previously known as Aryan101
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 am

Aryan101 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:35 am
Sammy_P, can this be re-uploaded? I actually want to add some of these to the WA3E archive.
I actually did find this again! It's huge.
I'm very busy at the moment (entering senior year among other things relating to marching band), so it'll take me a while, since I do need to make a couple minor updates to it first.

If I don't have it *soon* (give me, like, a month :lol:) then just start harassing me through private messages.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Sammy_P wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 am
Aryan101 wrote:
I'm very busy at the moment (entering senior year among other things relating to marching band), so it'll take me a while, since I do need to make a couple minor updates to it first.

If I don't have it *soon* (give me, like, a month :lol:) then just start harassing me through private messages.
If you want this archive to be on the CD along with the WA3E, then do the work till the end of this month.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Aryan101 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:34 pm
Sammy_P wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 am
Aryan101 wrote:

If you want this archive to be on the CD along with the WA3E, then do the work till the end of this month.
I'll be getting this moved over soon, the file is ridiculously huge but once I remove the music stuff... maybe not so much. LOL
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:48 am

Sammy_P, when you'll update this one? Its more than a month now.