Aesthetic investigation - help needed

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Aesthetic investigation - help needed

Post by Pawelec » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:14 pm

I've decided to release the aesthetic stuff I've made for my hub, because I don't think it will get released anytime soon, if at all. As there's a looooooooooot of stuff to come (leveltextes, watertex, a ton of models and textures, some WOPs) I'll make a separate database section on my own forum and give you all the link to it. But before I do that I need a week or two to finish all the projects (this means my leveltexes will get bugfixes, both Lime and DeSand still have minor bugs) and I need your advice.

I'm playing with WaterFall object and I'm trying to do two things.

First of all I figured out it can be used to make clouds (or rather a fog), as it's semi-transparent, so I made a WOP with:

Type = 0
PitchAdjust = 90
ZAdjust = 10
XScale = 255
ZScale = 255

and applied a texture to it. The result is quite decent, especially if I place a second one in some distance at a different ZAdjust (I've tried 11) but I'd love my clouds to move a little. I've tried to apply MovementType = 13, but it doesn't work. Another way this could be implemented is to make smaller WOPs with single cloud texture and make them separate objects.

My second problem is that I've made a WaterTex I like a lot, but if I apply a custom texture to the WaterFall it's static and doesn't flow. I suppose there's no workaround, but maybe you can help me.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi