Five Nights at Stinky's: Now Modded

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Five Nights at Stinky's: Now Modded

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:11 am

Remember 2014's best horror game?

Seeing as the FNAF fanbase was neither 100% dead nor 100% 'hated' as of yet, I began working with jdl on turning his FNAS level into a full-blown hub back in the winter. Kudos to him for all the testing and idea-work he's done.
The hub turned out to be both fun and frustrating to work on. I finished the first six nights and all but one of the main-night cutscenes and minigames.
Unfortunately, the custom night turned out impossible to execute. Wonderland just isn't built for MMOS (mass multi-command operations).

So I gave up. I left Wonderland shortly after, fairly quietly, and moved on to other hobbies and then projects as the school year ended. Having been fairly busy this summer up until now, I didn't get back to this hub fully.

But a few days ago, I discovered FNAF:SL had become a thing and tried some fangames to see if this hub could work or not. Encouraged, I'm now starting on it again. This next week, I'll be away, but after I have weeks of time to do work. The custom night, plus some more features I dreamed up, will be a thing, hopefully before the end of the summer.

So, I will post teasers here once a week or so.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:23 am

In addition, I also have some questions as well as answers to provide.
Tonight, I'm working on updating and repairing the finished levels, (each a whopping 10 minutes), so feel free to ask/answer away!

FAQ

Question: What characters am I using?

Answer: The original four heroes of the Classic series, as jdl did, plus some other identities I dreamed up.

Question: How closely will this game follow FNAF in terms of everything?

Mechanic-wise, it will vary night-to-night as there will be around a dozen enemies in (REDACTED) nights.

Story-wise, it is considerably different. For one, this game when fully finished will have an almost complete story-line for the player with few loose ends to theorize about.

That being said, I am quite willing to do a FNAS2 afterwards if you guys show enough support.

Question: Release date, Wonderman?

Looking at September right now, depends on how the last nights fall into place.

Requests

I have some issues I've been running into with designing the background of the hub. If you can help me with any of these, please do!

AskAbouts: I'm hopeless at these! If someone could explain how they work I'd really appreciate it.

Ending cutscene: Although the WonderPlus mod technically gives me an ending to work with, I'd like to have some modification of the cutscene in the editor done. Not super-important.

SPOILER!:
SPOILER wrote: What are the coordinates for the seven rainbow shards in hubs?
[/u][/i]
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: New Upcoming Hub: Five NIghts at Stinky's

Post by LittleZbot » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:38 am

Did you not play P.T.?

Regardless, this does sound fairly interesting, and I am excited to play it. You should probably fix that topic title, though. :P

AskAbouts are fairly simple; here's a snippet from Emerald's guide:
AskAbouts wrote:7.4. FNC 3: AskAbouts
This is by far the least common FNC used, but it can still come in handy for some specific situations (for example, a shop like Moosejaw’s). Once you click on an answer with FNC 3, you are taken to the AskAbout Menu (you can just leave ‘Data’ blank, it isn’t used here).

The “AskAbout Title Line” is the line you see whenever the AskAbout menu is reached. Just type with your mouse over the field to set it.

To toggle between AskAbouts, click “AskAbout #_”. You can have up to 100 AskAbouts, although I certainly wouldn’t recommend using all of them!

Each AskAbout has an Interchange that it links to. You can set this by clicking on the Interchange field (under the Askabout bar, not at the top of the screen!)

“Active” is set to -2 (active) or -1 (inactive). The official Editor site made a typo and printed it as vice versa- this is to eliminate confusion. You can also activate, deactivate, or toggle AskAbouts with Commands 23, 24, and 25, respectively. In very rare cases, you may also want to set Active to a different number for use with Commands 28-30 (see section 8.14). Askabouts with "Active" set to anything but -2 will not be active.

The “Repeat” field is set to -1 (if the AskAbout should always appear when active) of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc… denoting how many times the AskAbout can be used before it disappears. Occasionally you might need to have Repeat 1, but I see no reason to have repeats of 2 or higher.

Commands:

Commands 23-25: Dialog - Change AskAbout Activity
These three commands function like Commands 1, 2, and 3, but affect AskAbouts in dialogs instead of objects in levels. Command 23 is activate, Command 24 is deactivate, and Command 25 is toggle.

Command: 23/24/25
Data1: Dialog number
Data2: AskAbout number
Data3: Not used
Data4: Not used

Commands 26-27: Dialog - Change AskAbout Functions
These commands change the function of specific AskAbouts. CMD 26 changes an AskAbout’s Active value, so it’s pretty much like Commands 23, 24, and 25. CMD 27 changes the Interchange the AskAbout points to.

Command: 26/27
Data1: Dialog number
Data2: AskAbout number
Data3: New value for the AskAbout

Commands 28-30: Dialog - Global AskAbout Activity Change
These commands function like Commands 1, 2, and 3, but deal with AskAbouts in a very unusual way. Once this command is executed, it will affect all AskAbouts across all dialogs that have the required Active number. Command 28 is activate, Command 29 is deactivate, and Command 30 is toggle.

One possible use for these is if you have multiple shopkeeper NPCs with different dialogs that sell the same thing; if you purchase something from one shopkeeper, this command could disable purchasing the same thing from all the others.

Command: 28/29/30
Data1: Active value of target AskAbout(s)
Data2: Not used
Data3: Not used
As for the coordinates, those are also in the guide, but here they are just for easier reference:
Locations wrote:red: -70.wlv, (11, 15)
orange: -12.wlv, (17, 19)
yellow: -44.wlv, (34, 14)
green: -90.wlv, (16, 15)
blue: -64.wlv, (14, 12)
indigo: -21.wlv, (10, 16)
purple: -86.wlv, (11, 12)
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: New Upcoming Hub: Five Nights at Stinky's

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:45 am

LittleZbot wrote:
Did you not play P.T.?

Regardless, this does sound fairly interesting, and I am excited to play it. You should probably fix that topic title, though. :P
*snip*

Well, I didn't play it, but I think I watched a play-through once. Silent Hill is a real-old series though, so I don't know too much about it.

My grammar deteriorates as I grow tired.

Thanks for providing that information, I will definitely need to use it for the 'main menu'.

-----------------------------

Some other things to note:

Play-testing: I don't want to give too many people access to the full nights, but I will consider it if you ask.

Recording the game once it's done: Of course! Feel free to post it on your YouTube channel or whatever it is you use. Since I have no custom audio in this, I have no problems publicizing it. Of course, I don't see the game getting too much attention as I can't put it on gamejolt.com (the holy grail of fnaf fangames).

Well...I guess I COULD put a page up on the site and have a link to here. What do you guys think?
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:03 am

IIRC, MS said that any Wonderland fangames, levels, or hubs could only be uploaded here, so there's that. Also, FNaF is actually pretty good, but, well, I played P.T. for about ten minutes at a friend's house and it instantly became my favorite horror game ever, which is a huge feat considering I generally hate horror games. What a shame that it was cancelled. I'd become a beta tester, but, honestly, I want to get the full experience right off the bat, so I'm fine with waiting.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:07 pm

LittleZbot wrote:IIRC, MS said that any Wonderland fangames, levels, or hubs could only be uploaded here, so there's that.
It wouldn't be uploaded anywhere else - that doesn't make sense anyway because you'd need the custom player and the mods from this site. What I was saying would be that posting a page on a site like gamejolt with a link to here could garner attention, and if that works it could also introduce more people to the games and the forums.
LittleZbot wrote: Also, FNaF is actually pretty good, but, well, I played P.T. for about ten minutes at a friend's house and it instantly became my favorite horror game ever, which is a huge feat considering I generally hate horror games. What a shame that it was cancelled.
I'll remember to watch a playthrough when I get back home this weekend. And FNAF is only good if you're patient and not a fancy-graphics-person.
LittleZbot wrote: I'd become a beta tester, but, honestly, I want to get the full experience right off the bat, so I'm fine with waiting.
No problem. :)
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:SPOILER!:
SPOILER wrote: What are the coordinates for the seven rainbow shards in hubs?
[/u][/i]
SPOILER wrote:I found where the coordinates are stored in the exe, so I can tell you the offsets and you can change them with HxD or other hex editor instead of using the original coordinates with blank wlv files with a levelexit.
:)
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:22 am

...Is that legal?

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:26 pm

It doesn't matter much because most of the shard wlvs are sky-rocket-high numbers and the hub mainframe will probably be just 1 wlv, definitely fewer than 10. No need to change any coding.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Double Postification

So, seeing Jutomi as a good representative for the community, I take it you guys don't believe this hub is going to pull through. It is. It'll just take a few more months. If you don't mind me spoiling a few things, here's why it's not out yet.
spoiled tomatoes wrote:
1. I am revamping the six levels I already finished to have a softer difficulty curve and be more diverse mechanic-wise. Obviously, this takes time, especially when a new mechanic needs to be put in a place where an old mechanic already is.
spoiled tomatoes wrote:
2. There will be 10 levels - 7 regular ones and three secret levels.
spoiled tomatoes wrote:
3. I am planning on creating around 5-10 hub wlvs for exploration - as well as the necessary ones for the shard coordinates. This is to make the main menu more enticing and also to drop hints about the story, since it won't be quite fully revealed.
spoiled tomatoes wrote:
4. A lot of the original Phone Guy dialog was way too spoilerish and ruined the mood. I 've had to rethink the way the PG 'talks' with the player, and there will be two different PGs as well.
spoiled tomatoes wrote:
5. I'm using a lot of custom textures for various easter eggs and minigame accesses. Even at MS Paint quality, this takes time.
spoiled tomatoes wrote:
6. I am planning ahead for a potential FNAS sequel.
spoiled tomatoes wrote:
7. I want the hub to be FUN!!!
Those being said, there is always a couple of spots for play-testers. So if you already have a good grasp of the FNAF storyline, I can send you edited levels to test pure mechanics for feedback on improvement.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Ah, sweet! I look forward to seeing it when it comes out! :D

Also, I'm one to be talking - it's been a year overdue and I still haven't released version δ for JA:HOTSP. :lol:

I'll be sure to update my list. ;)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:50 am

Revamping Night 4 has taken me almost a week, but I'm right about done...
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:46 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Revamping Night 4 has taken me almost a week, but I'm right about done...
Hey, is that me in the lower-left corner? (The second one.) Awww, you shouldn't have! :oops: :D
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:27 am

myuacc1studios wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:Revamping Night 4 has taken me almost a week, but I'm right about done...
Hey, is that me in the lower-left corner? (The second one.) Awww, you shouldn't have! :oops: :D
Oh well, they may have another eye colour, but it could be canonically you if you want to be like 90 years old in the FNAS timeline. :P

And as soon as I said I was done yesterday, both my main 'issues' bugged out again and I still have to fix them. Making Night 4 both easier than Night 5 and harder than Night 3 is a challenge.

I should mention now that the game already has a ton of easter eggs and will have more once I begin the hub itself. I've made a basic guide for the mechanics of all the main enemies, and I think I'll make an official plotline script as well - not that I'm just going to give either of those away for free. :twisted:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:12 pm

So here is the plot description for the game. I'm going to appeal to MS right now about showing this on any other sites.
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:29 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
myuacc1studios wrote:
Oh well, they may have another eye colour, but it could be canonically you if you want to be like 90 years old in the FNAS timeline. :P
90? LOL! :lol:
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:40 pm

Sounds fun. Can't wait for this to come out.
You posed dramatically.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:26 am

Night 5 is quickly morphing from one main boss into a slightly easier 10/20 night. And yes, there will be 10 programmable AIs, but I never said just 10 robots. :wink:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:48 am

Or maybe you guys should just meet some of the characters...
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:50 am

LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Is it wrong that the top three photos look exactly the same to me?

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:33 pm

There's a 'difference' there, be sure. I'm still deciding whether or not it would be too cruel to have the player use a lamp instead of a GlowGem in the final game, and whether they would refill it in-game or outside of nights.

Forgot one last picture, this is mostly just an odd angle I noticed while designing the Custom Night icons.

Right now, I'm looking at the Custom Night using CMD 22 to input values via dialogs in the 'game' wlv.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:28 pm

DP This hub is going on hiatus for a week as I'm away and most likely without stable internet. (That's why I gave you guys so many teasers :P ).

Work will resume next Tuesday, but progress listings are here.

MAIN NIGHTS
90% (late testing stages for Night 5)

EXTRA NIGHTS
10% (night 6 core work done, night 7 still preliminary, night 8-

MAIN MENU
0%

HUB EXPLORATION
5% (storyboard ready)

EXTRAS AND OUT-OF-GAME-CONTENT
20% (I have some nice character bios but they're WIPs)
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:54 am

Why isn't this topic in "Custom Adventures and Hubs"? :?
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:47 pm

cloudrac3r wrote:Why isn't this topic in "Custom Adventures and Hubs"? :?
Likely because it's not yet completed. I was under the impression that that section was meant for released adventures and hubs.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:28 pm

There doesn't seem to be much of a rule with that stuff. We don't have enough finished hubs yet for there to be a need to shelf WIPs in one forum and full games in the other.

Anyway, I'm back and back at it. I really regret having to make you guys wait longer, but I'm setting my progress-o-meter back to 30% because I decided to add one last expansion to the hub story.

There will now be an official end to the hub with a potential sequel that follows the script properly. I'm still changing and retconning dialogs and things from the V1 five nights, because I want the game to feel less like a clone and more like its own saga.

Sometimes soon, I'm hoping to make a test hub with AskAbouts; it will probably be called something like "Moosejaw's Son" or the like. I also had an adventure I began on the day before I left which may be useful practice for this hub in terms of reaction time and using magic creatively.

Say, does anyone know if I can make a Missileflower, Floingflower, GrowFlower, BlinkFlower or PopFlower? Any one of those would help me speed along with the adventure.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:14 am

I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but using a lamp would add more strategy, since you would have to remove it to conserve charges. But if it starts with 99, that's probably far too many for one night.
Another option is to allow the player to use the lanp to show the time remaining in each night and refill it between. So, as soon as it hits 0, the night ends at the same time.
I don't know if what you're doing is like FNAF as in "survive for a certain time and you win" or if you will do "complete an objective without dying in order to win". If it's the latter, the lamp-time-remaining idea won't work.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:07 am

cloudrac3r wrote:I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but using a lamp would add more strategy, since you would have to remove it to conserve charges. But if it starts with 99, that's probably far too many for one night.
Each night is a full 10 minutes of gameplay, and most of the side quests and cutscenes are also in pitch black darkness. To be fair, I will have a couple of easy 'arcade games' either in the scritteria itself or in the village nearby that give you a refill free or charge if you win.
cloudrac3r wrote: Another option is to allow the player to use the lanp to show the time remaining in each night and refill it between. So, as soon as it hits 0, the night ends at the same time.
That's not a very smart way of tracking time in consideration of what you just said about turning the lamp off to conserve energy. Not that you really can afford to turn it off after Night 2 anyway, but I feel that it would be either too cheesy a coincidence for the night to end as your fuel ran out, or too much like a play-forever-until-you-die horror game. And if your lamp never ran out, you may as well then have a GlowGem. Refilling it, and setting the time back to 0 would defeat the sense of progress and also be impossible given the permanence of some attacks.

The things mechanic-wise that distinguish this game from other fangames and crossovers of FNAF are not so much the originality of the robots' attacks, at least not in the main 5 nights, but moreso the tools the player has at hand, like the mass of toggle buttons shown above. And I seriously doubt you would get those right with no lamp fuel.

cloudrac3r wrote: I don't know if what you're doing is like FNAF as in "survive for a certain time and you win" or if you will do "complete an objective without dying in order to win". If it's the latter, the lamp-time-remaining idea won't work.
"Survive for a certain time and you win". The sequel will be "complete an objective without dying in order to win", or a mixture of the two somehow. The minigame objectives are a lot closer to "complete an objective without dying in order to win" though, especially because you need to do most of them to get the best ending and finish the lore.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:01 am

This is a really early sketch of what I will draw on something better than MS Paint. (REMOVED, SEE NEXT PAGE FOR GOOD ONE)
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:01 pm

I private messaged you yesterday, TimeCrokba.