Five Nights at Stinky's: Now Modded

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:50 pm

Wonderman109 - some time ago - wrote:Would it be too cruel to use the lanp instead of a glowgem and have to refill it between nights?
Make the player choose at the start! The lamp would add to the difficulty, and if they want a harder game, they could choose the lamp.
Just make sure there's a place to refill it... (or not!)
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 am

Yeah, that's being added in. Basically, the Wondertown hub has a few different merchants you can buy stuff like lights, gloves, and orbs from, and there's nearby places to get the required equipment for free as well so you can't get stuck if you waste all your money. But there's a lot of coins in the training section, not to mention elsewhere.

I'm looking at making the arcade levels 9 just exactly as LZ said. That would make exactly 33 adventures overall for this, and 33 seems to be my lucky number with Wonderland. :lol:

For any of you coming from that mischievous Time Industries News, the reports surrounding the Scritteria being haunted by wee stinkers have been apparently proven false. The Scritteria is in fact haunted by baby creatures of every kind.
Sorry about the slow progress this week, guys. Computer has been acting up and I've had to back up all my hub-related files each time I make any changes. That being said, there are now additional features in the main nights, which should force you to actually take the first few nights more seriously.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:46 am

DP

We're at four pages, this calls for a teaser!

YEAAH BOOOIIIS

:stinkycool: :piratesmile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:46 am

DP

We're at four pages, this calls for a teaser!

YEAAH BOOOIIIS

:stinkycool: :piratesmile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Accidental double-post.

That looks like...something. It's pretty exciting, whatever it is!
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:45 am

I figured out a way to make the custom night run smoothly with only about 10 dialogs before starting. I'm still deciding whether I'm going to make triggers for specific combinations like 10/20 or have specific combinations be selectable from the Custom Night Maker area.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:29 pm

If it will make the game come out faster, I'm all for simply selecting it, but inputting it as normal would certainly gives things a much better flow.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:11 am

I've been on a bit of a 'hiatus' lately, not technically but I've been spending all of my time dedicated to FNAS on fixing old stuff as opposed to making new stuff. Bit of a perfectionist thing.

BTW, has anyone finished the training hub yet? I'd like some feedback so I know how to make the arcade levels before I finish them.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:55 pm

So no one has as of yet. Okay, well, LZ, would you mind recording a partial play-through when you have time?

Also, I'd like to ask MWM and MNIK again if it's okay to reference TMD19's second-last cutscene.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:03 am

Wonderman109 wrote:So no one has as of yet. Okay, well, LZ, would you mind recording a partial play-through when you have time?

Also, I'd like to ask MWM and MNIK again if it's okay to reference TMD19's second-last cutscene.
According to MNIK's profile, he rarely posts, there was a nine-month gap between posting, and I haven't seen him on at all, so I'm not sure how fast you'll get an answer from MNIK.

MWM, however, I see on occasionally - often, so you should get an answer quicker from him.
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:06 am

I mean, MNIK already responded saying you can use whatever characters you want, so I didn't respond because it seemed unnecessary, especially considering TMD19 was his work.

and it's not like pcpuzzle is big enough of a community for spoilers to really be that much of a concern, especially a year later.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Yeah, taken into consideration. I'd still like some feedback on whether the training hub is fun or not.

I'm wrapping up most of the adventures at this point, and I'd like a poll on whether you guys are okay with me releasing an early version without the side hubs or anything special. Just the seven nights, like your average game. All I have to do is test every single element of the Night 7 framework. :lol:
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:44 pm

To be completely, honest, I'd rather experience the hub in its entirety, though I wouldn't be against an early version.

And sorry for my late reply; our computer had a virus on it and it was at least a week before we could get anything to function. If you want, I'll still record that partial playthrough, though I can't guarantee when it'll be uploaded. We typically upload two videos a week, and we ARE in the middle of two Let's Plays with plenty of unedited footage for other videos, as well.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Well, thanks. I'm not rushing the release, I just want to let anyone who's still interested know that it will be a while longer until I get everything together and tested.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:23 am

Just a shout out that I'm currently playing through the training hub.

Believe or not, I have not played FNAF before, so I thought this would be a teaser on the type of gameplay your real hub would have. I wasn't expecting a "refresher course", but I have to say that some of your levels are taking more time than expected (mostly because I am rusty with the game LEL). Some of your levels can be a tad on the nasty side though, case in point Monsters and Robots, and I'm not sure if newcomers would enjoy those. (Then again I haven't played FNAF before so...)

So far I've not seen any bugs, but with that said, I didn't get GOLD on many of the adventures and was too lazy to do a gem/coin re-hunt. BTW when does the player get a Spyeye? :lol:

Also, a question about "Secrets": after passing through the wooden door I am stuck. Am I missing something? :lol:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:01 am

Aye, good to see you back Samuel. I'll take this apart one by one, sorry for the delay.
samuelthx wrote:Just a shout out that I'm currently playing through the training hub.
Hooray
samuelthx wrote:Believe or not, I have not played FNAF before, so I thought this would be a teaser on the type of gameplay your real hub would have.
I'm fairly sure I'm making a second demo with the first one to three nights of game-play. It would literally take me 10 minutes to make it all in all, but I'm still working on making the jump-scares better.
samuelthx wrote: I wasn't expecting a "refresher course", but I have to say that some of your levels are taking more time than expected (mostly because I am rusty with the game LEL). Some of your levels can be a tad on the nasty side though, case in point Monsters and Robots, and I'm not sure if newcomers would enjoy those. (Then again I haven't played FNAF before so...)
Yeah, I rushed getting this out just a little. I will make a lot of the levels less of a haggle. FNAF hardcore players are used to tough gameplay, but I don't want to alienate them introducing concepts and throwing them in the deep end. This all assuming FNAS gets out there more, of course.
samuelthx wrote: So far I've not seen any bugs, but with that said, I didn't get GOLD on many of the adventures and was too lazy to do a gem/coin re-hunt. BTW when does the player get a Spyeye? :lol:
Well for the coins and gems, you have to be observant and save your game a lot. You can buy a spy-eye from the guy in the tent; in the full version, you'll have to go to one of the few vendors in Wondertown.
samuelthx wrote: Also, a question about "Secrets": after passing through the wooden door I am stuck. Am I missing something? :lol:
Isn't the glove charger changing colour? There's a lot of fake walls and other trickery in that last one if I remember right, just poke around and save in multiple slots.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:00 am

CALLOUT!

I'd like 1-2 beta-testers who could play through the current jump-scare simulators to give feedback on improving the jump-scares. PM me if you're interested.
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Timecrokba » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:44 pm

Sorry if this sounds a bit rude, but how is progress coming along with this hub?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:07 pm

One second...
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:19 pm

~Not rude at all, Time, I was going to make a long post anyway.

So, I've been semi-busy for most of December and have not done much work on the hub since my last post. Since I haven't had anyone beta-test the jump-scare sim, I tried to myself, did not get very far, and now I've decided I'm going to get back at it after taking a break from the project (and when I stop working on Wonderland projects, I generally stop playing Wonderland altogether).

The thing is, Wonderland isn't the best for POV horror genres, as everyone here had said before. Ironically, I went in this hub back in summer 2015 thinking about combining the themes of the four FNAF games into one, since that's all it was going to be at the time. If I had waited for FNAF World and SL to come out, and based FNAS off them instead, FNAS would actually have been easier since they are more free-roam and RPG-like.

I should also mention here that FNAF4 was really the reason I began paying attention to the games in the first place.I knew basically nothing about FNAF before FNAF4 teasers started popping up on sites and a couple people showed me the game later. So, that's why FNAS began so late in the first place.

FNAS was originally going to be a clone of FNAF1 in Wonderland style, with a few FNAF2 elements, a FNAF-3 style bonus night, and a FNAF4-style minigame. The fact that the FNAF franchise changed continually as I began working kind of made it hard to do this, along wit the fact that Wonderland, again, isn't quite built for this type of in-your-face horror so much as it is for ambient horror (like we see in hubs/level series such as yotyot's Amnesia Remake, MNIK's Gem Chompers, several of Ice's levels, my own TTNW3 for what it's worth.

It seems now like I'll have to refocus what FNAS is going to be like. One idea I have is to split the game and the hub, and just leave the training hub separate as is since it doesn't have much story-line relevance anyway.

Another idea I have is to remake the games, keeping the ideas and custom content, but redoing the game itself mostly from scratch and compressing the story and the content to a more workable environment. I could combine ideas one and two.

My last idea is to keep things going exactly as they were before December, however, this could take months to finish. I''ve changed my mind and I don't want to do sequels anymore, as I felt much of the FNAS storyline beyond the first game that I've made most of is too similar to other horror games or even to other FNAF clones to feel like an original game. So, rearragning everything this way could take a while.

TL;DR

FNAS has been a hard game to make over the course of a year and a half (although I've really only worked on it for two months in 2015 and four or five in 2016). It's basically close to being finished, but I'm not happy with the way it is (as in, not scary enough, and not original enough), and I want to fix or redo parts to make it simpler and get it done already.

I need another couple of months to make this happen, and at this point I really would appreciate people coming forward to be beta-testers, so I have feedback on how atmospheric the game is and how fun it is to actually play as someone who doesn't know the game inside out already and is immune to being scared by it.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:25 pm

So, for the umpteenth time, do I have anyone interested in beta-testing? You don't have to spoil the game for yourself, you can just test the parts you want.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:14 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:So, for the umpteenth time, do I have anyone interested in beta-testing? You don't have to spoil the game for yourself, you can just test the parts you want.
I might test, but I hate horror and jumpscares. Can you PM me a link to a YT vid of one of the jumpscares and I'll decide off that?
Cheese!

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:45 am

OK, so I've decided I'm going to release the first six nights as a full small hub in a few weeks or so, and then I'm going to remake the whole hub as I find time later on. Hype, anyone?
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:32 am

I would be hyping a lot if I was able to open the WA editor. But I can't.
I'm sure everyone else is hype though!
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Looking forward to it! :)
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:24 pm

EXCITEMENT!!! (Oh, and also HYPE)
Cheese!

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:50 am

So, in short, I forgot about Wonderland for a while. As in two months. Sorry, guys! But, what I think will work best is if I release multiple versions of FNAS as I finish the rest of the off-the-beaten-path areas. I'll release the first seven nights of gameplay as the 1.00 and add on the hubs and secret areas over the summer or as I make time. For now, though, I'm just remembering how the mechanics work to begin bugtesting Nights 6 and 7.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:57 am

Sounds good. :)
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm

How's the hub doing? (As in progress.)
Cheese!

LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:40 pm

BUMP

I second that last post. I'm still waiting patiently, and would still love to eventually do a playthrough. :)